Anovos TK armor preorder

Fedex called me today. I had to pay import taxes in advance because they were higher than €150. My package is still in transit to the Netherlands but they would hold it until received my payment. I had to pay €167 / $187 on taxes. I paid $495 for my kit ($550 black friday sales - 10% discount), shipping was $131. For shipping and taxes I almost coud have bought a tier 1 kit.

Fedex called me today. I had to pay import taxes in advance because they were higher than €150. My package is still in transit to the Netherlands but they would hold it until received my payment. I had to pay €167 / $187 on taxes. I paid $495 for my kit ($550 black friday sales - 10% discount), shipping was $131. For shipping and taxes I almost coud have bought a tier 1 kit.

I'll gladly trade you for free healthcare. ;)

Just a quick update for all the Canadians.

I received my FedEx delivery today and was surprised that I didn't have to pay any fees/taxes/duties. I asked the FedEx guy and he said to call FedEx. According to his notes, nothing was owed. I followed up with FedEx customer service and they confirmed. There were no taxes or brokerage fees owing on file. Fingers crossed but it looks like I won't have to pay any additional charges. Hoping that everyone else is the same!

I didnt get dinged either. Hopefully I don't get a letter in a week asking for money.

David

Have you received a shipping notice yet? I got my notice last week and FedEx tried to deliver today but I wasn't home. Shipping to Canada seemed pretty fast but I'm on the West Coast. Second attempt will be tomorrow. I ordered April 28th although from reading this thread, there seems to be no rhyme or reason on shipping.

I do have a tracking number. From what I can tell, they pooled international orders geographically and then sent them in batches. We have a bunch of kits coming to Montreal. They left the warehouse last Friday but since it's ground shipping, they hoped around all across the US. It was still in Ohio this morning which leads me to believe it should be at customs today or the next. We're supposed to get them tomorrow but it seems less and less likely IMO.

To be fair, it's not the end of the world but it kinda feels like we got the short end of the stick

I do have a tracking number. From what I can tell, they pooled international orders geographically and then sent them in batches. We have a bunch of kits coming to Montreal. They left the warehouse last Friday but since it's ground shipping, they hoped around all across the US. It was still in Ohio this morning which leads me to believe it should be at customs today or the next. We're supposed to get them tomorrow but it seems less and less likely IMO.

To be fair, it's not the end of the world but it kinda feels like we got the short end of the stick

And just like that :

c50faa2906a986074a99926291c3f67a.jpg

Looks like tomorrow should be a day long remembered!!!

Tier 1 is cheaper. For 187 and 131 and a few days away from Starbucks he could have bought a 350.00 kit.

Tax would still be due on a $350 kit, it would just be slightly less. The shipping to Europe was fixed at $131.

No tax? Or no duty/custom fee?

I can´t believe there is a country without VAT.

It's not about duty. It's about accidentally slipping through the cracks. I assume people who don't pay the tax just got lucky.

Up until last year Australia had no duty on anything under $1000

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

No tax? Or no duty/custom fee?

I can´t believe there is a country without VAT.

It depends on what is shipped and where its shipped from. Electronics from outside Canada is duty free but we usually have to pay hst. Aluminium products have a duty and tax because its like aluminum made from Canadian bauxite ore that was exported. Or they worked a deal with FedEx that included all that in the flat rate we paid.

My kit arrived without tax/VAT invoice so far. Might be it will still come in a few days, but I might just have been lucky.

After all, the paper on the box said "plastic toy kit" so maybe that threw them off? When I ordered my boots from Imperial Boots, the vendor accidentaly sent 2 pairs, in 2 boxes, and from China. One slipped past customs and one didn't.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just got my BBB and had a look at the packing sheet. It's declared at full value so if I get a bill later it will be 1 bill. If they try charge me again on the 2nd box I will fight it.

My BBB arrived , happy times!!!<br><br>

I also didn't have to pay, I expect a bill later on.<br><br>

At first sight, everything looks in order, here and there a tiny dimple in the armor but hardly noticeable.<br><br>

But I have a question, does anyone around here use an airsoft sterling or real sterling to troop, and if so, does your belt hold it?<br><br>

I just tried it with the Anovos belt and it got pulled down a bit because of the weight, idk if this belt will be connected to something on the armor but just wondering, other wise I need to get a doopy blaster for trooping...

Edited by Kenny_a

I ordered December 31st only hours before the deadline, and got an email a few hours ago....I'm expecting this to irritate some and I'm sorry for that.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I ordered minutes before the Tier One deadline expired and received mine a couple weeks ago (three, one each for a friend, my brother, and me). I unboxed it today at my friend's house, where we'll construct the kits.  

I'm disappointed that I have to put the helmet on by turning it sideways until it's around my head. I may buy a larger helmet from another manufacturer; which would be best? 

This is my first time building armor. 

Edited by Cosmoterran

I'm disappointed that I have to put the helmet on by turning it sideways until it's around my head. I may buy a larger helmet from another manufacturer; which would be best?

This is my first time building armor.

All good helmets are to be put on this way. It's accurate.

• Like 4