Are there no Elite troopers left?

Daetrin

Got any pictures??

Look here: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=2410

I've done a lot of progress from there, but haven't taken pics yet.

I'm working on the wooden grip right now, no resin parts for me :P

Am I going to reach Elite Status for my blaster with a scratch built Hengstler counter or must I use a resin copy?

Since I want to incorporate the electronics of a toy blaster, I need to put the speaker inside a hollow counter!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, hows this?

As Deployment Officer, I am offering these to all Elite TK's.:

FISDLogo2.jpg

When you achieve your status, I will send you two 8" versions of these decals, plus two sets of your TKID, with the phrase XXX Elite in either English or Aurebesh (the XXX will be ANH, ESB or ROTJ).

For those non-English speaking TK's I will also do them in your native language if you send it to me.

I will be working on these for the existing Elite TK's in the next few weeks, so let's see what you guys can do!!!

Well now there's an incentive. Buttons coming to me its just the belt I have to work on and no time to do it in. It was supposed to be my Christmas project but, well, Christmas got in the way.

But I do like the sticker.........

What's holding me up ? Mostly , just that I'm a lazy bugger . I have everything done , but I don't have a camera , and I keep forgetting to get people to take photos for me . We are having a mini armour bbq tomorrow , so maybe I'll get some pictures .

Guys - great to hear of progress. I hear of many guys who are just one mod or two away - don't stop! It would be like getting almost to the peak of Everest and then turning back. You guys can do it - you're almost there!

Let's get Scott busy - he's not got enough stuff to do :)

I agree. What a cool gesture to offer those awesome decals...

I will be glad to donate to your vinyl fund Scott if/when I arrive at the pinnacle of TK-ness. Hey vinyl costs money! =)

scott

well...I just went back and looked at my attempt thread..from JUNE!!!

..I went and tried to get the belt to sit above the split a bunch of different ways to no avail ..it just would not work/look right with my belt place where I had it in the front..and I am not spending any more on my TK at the moment ( I have finnished a TI and almost finnished my Vader since June! )

...while I would live to join the elite ( and get a cool sticker! :) ) I kind of feel that some of the requirements don't make sense to me. I know the detachment has voted and thats that. I know my TK is one of the better ones out there...and that is enough right now.

I looked through the thread again Jay and feel it should be a pass. It's just dang problematic on the FX to get it perfect with everyone's different body types.

This pix looks fine to me:

trooper501take20055.jpg

Perhaps we were too picky at the time. Scott, what do you think?

OK, hows this?

FISDLogo2.jpg

When you achieve your status, I will send you two 8" versions of these decals, plus two sets of your TKID, with the phrase XXX Elite in either English or Aurebesh (the XXX will be ANH, ESB or ROTJ).

For those non-English speaking TK's I will also do them in your native language if you send it to me.

I will be working on these for the existing Elite TK's in the next few weeks, so let's see what you guys can do!!!

Holy Dew poo Batman!!!

Scott M. issuing out decals after Elite Stormtrooper status is achieved???

Sorry everybody, shop's CLOSED indefinitely. Refunds will be offered immediately...I'm gonna work on my TK today!

Decals made by Scott M. are simply groovy man!

T :salute:

Helmet is now 100% done! Side gaps done. I have the material for my belt should be done this week. Buttons should be on the way shortly. Biggest thing is the blaster. Should be done before summer! Nothing lights a fire under ones butt like free decals!

Oh, that's just fine, Tony. :P Fortunately, I wasn't ready to order the rest yet, but I would like the info I asked for. :P :P

--Jonah

(P.S. You did get the helmet kits mailed, right...?)

Yes sir I did!

(heehee...now where was I, oh yes - ESB, ESB, ESB...)

T :salute:

OK, hows this?

FISDLogo2.jpg

That should get people going! :lol:

I'm just curious guys as there are only 11 folks on the Elite page

What's holding people up from taking the plunge? The way we wrote the standards it shouldn't be that hard/expensive the achieve. Ab plate buttons, shoulder straps, and belts are now easily available. Is is just a matter of cutting the back plate? That seems the only thing that actually takes effort to do.

Or am I missing something???? :blink::mellow:

Ok these are my thought on the subject;

Since the day i got my armour i have tried to make it as accurate looking as i can. I am an FX wearer until i hopefully get some new stuff later this year. Anyway back to what i have now.

I have never had black buttons on my ab plate, i painted mine the correct colours from the start. I have since replaced them with smaller versions. I always wear rubber gloves and made a canvas belt from the start. In more recent times to go even further i have bought several more accurate hand plates, in both anh and esb style. I changed the shoulder bells to that of a more accurate shape and appearance. I have 2 new lids my esb style AP and a TE2 waiting for the right weather for paint then that will be anh style. I split the butt and back when building my kit but have just lowered it by more than 2 inches to cover my bum more and have even bought a new ab plate, which i modded by cutting the cod higher up added 2 inches in between to make my belt go round my waist not my hips. I also cut the inner bicep parts square not rounded like the fx was.

I even made another belt and scratch built a holster just to be esb like as my first holster is riveted to the inside ala anh...

CopyofFXTKESB065.jpg

It seems the only thing keeping me out is my blaster. I have a converted hasbro which is a toy but at the end of the day doesnt look anything like it did when i bought it.

FXBuild051.jpg

blaster2.jpg

IMHO it should be the armour that is upto scratch and as long as you have a decent looking blaster whether the E-11 or SE-14R or whatever that should be good enough. I dont want to belittle what exellant work other guys have put into their elite trooper costumes but if you want more in maybe things need adjusting.

I need new tyres on my blade and to insure my car before i spend money an a blaster upgrade. I geuss i will have to wait longer for that status.

Keep up the good work guys, im off to make some belts :P

Per the Elite standards page, a modded kenner is totally acceptable. That is what I have, and until a vote kicks it off, will continue to be allowed.

# E-11 Blaster

* Scratch-built, resin cast, hyperfirm rubber cast, or modified toy blaster.

* Must include Hengstler counter on left side of weapon

Looks like all you would need is the counter!!!!

Per the Elite standards page, a modded kenner is totally acceptable. That is what I have, and until a vote kicks it off, will continue to be allowed.

Looks like all you would need is the counter!!!!

Tanks Scott for clearing that up, but my problem is that for esb apparently no counter is required and i dont fancy trying to cut off what is a small sad excuse for the counter that appears on these hasbro guns.

If you are going ESB, I think you are fine!!! The "counter" on the Hasbro is barely a counter, so I would not count that.

I am off to go get some elastic for my new TK, so I expect to see your Elite submission by the time I get back.

As for the greeblies, we are still trying to get that hammered out, so stay tuned!!!

I got off my butt and fixed my bucket. Like I said before, it was a FX hero/stunt mix. So now it's just stunt. :)

I cut the extra frown teeth, re-did the frown paint, and added the screws to the ears. The hardest part was removing that damn old frown paint. It's not perfect, but it looks good.

Now I just need to add the side plates and I'm done.