How long to self suit up?

8BitBry

Did my first couple of full test fits on my own this week and found that it took about 10 or 15 minutes without any "problems". I didn't really time it but it felt never ending.

How long it takes you guys to put on the armor?

I am about the same, done a couple of trials and about 10-15 minutes. I haven't trooped yet so I am trying to get it down to a fine art before I do. I think a bit more practice, also remembering what to put on first and I will be good :duim:

about 10 minutes when I am focused.

But usually we are chatting it up when suiting up, so it could be as long as 15-20 mins when easily distracted... squirrel

In this order:

1. Under suit

2. waist/thigh garter (if you have one)

3. Neck seal (tuck under your body suit so it doesn't stick out of the armor)

4. thigh pieces

5. Boots

6. shins

7. torso (should all be pre-connected so you just slide in and clam shell it on then snap in the side and shoulder bridge)

8. snap the crotch tab

9. belt

10. TD (if you have trouble alone, use your fingers to ring the center ridge and determine the mid of the back and place the TD there

11. If your shoulder bells are not attached, this is the next step.

12. biceps

13. forearms

14. gloves (depending on your forearm closure style you can put these on before the forearms)

15. turn on electronics

16 put on the lid

17. grab the gun

18 pewpew

I always have my personal handler.

with his help and expertise I have done it under 5 min... maybe less.

alone... I have to use a wall to put the belt on. it's just impossible alone, well almost.

when I first had the armor, and I was showing it around, I took it to a friend's house and got everything on in

less than 15 I used the corner of the wall to help hold the belt up while I velcro'd it.

here's my order of suiting up

1 have undersuit on, with boots on.

2 apply neckseal and baclava with mic in place inside baclava

3 attach PTT with medical tape to my index left hand

4 don silk glove liners

5 don lower AB section by step though the already snapped cod plate attach side shims and han solo snap on right side of clamshel

6 put on shins adjust boots.

7 put on thighs and attach to ab plate mounting points.

8 put harness over shoulders and don the upper T shirt style chest, bells and biceps like a shirt. adjust and have handler position bells and shoulder bridges plug in com.

9 put on armor latex gloves

10 put on forearms.

11 helmet on

12 blaster and com check for volume and function.

13 run out door and downstairs!

I glued mine and my hubby's forearms and thighs. It use to take me 25 really looong and sweaty minutes to get mine on by myself. I've gotten better and now it's about 10 - 15 sweaty minutes. No matter what I'm sweating just suiting up. Maybe the really HOT summer was part of that last year. I pretty much follow what Derrek does on his checklist.

I glued mine and my hubby's forearms and thighs. It use to take me 25 really looong and sweaty minutes to get mine on by myself. I've gotten better and now it's about 10 - 15 sweaty minutes. No matter what I'm sweating just suiting up. Maybe the really HOT summer was part of that last year. I pretty much follow what Derrek does on his checklist.

Oh good, I thought I was the only one who started sweating when I got to the arms :lol:

I agree that it is great to have someone giving you a helping hand, but I can suit up by myself if needed. Without electronics I can do it in about 10 minutes. With electronics it takes a bit longer because I have less practice with the different cables, so maybe around 15 minutes?

about 10 minutes when I am focused.

But usually we are chatting it up when suiting up, so it could be as long as 15-20 mins when easily distracted... squirrel

:laugh1:

10-20 minutes for me. The hardest part for me is trying to reach over and snap the second shoulder bell on. I have to sit when putting my shins on.

Yeah. I have to agree. That last shoulder bell is the only questionable part for me. I found trimming 1/4 an inch from the wrist part of the forearms helped mobility a LOT though.

I lay out each piece and make sure it all loks good before putting it on. Thnen I put it on in about 10-15 minutes depending on how much energy I have. As I put on fat around my belly I have a little harder time with a spot or two but usually can still get in armor all by myself. I made sure I didn't have to have help getting in my TK.