Doopydoo contact

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you get one of these kits?? I have not seen one available for more than a month now.  Does Doopy's have another outlet besides Ebay?

They have a website too.

• 1 year later...

Hate to bring a thread back from the grave, but....

Anyone else order a kit from Doopy Doo recently and have issues with the seller being unresponsive? Ordered a Hasbro conversion kit about 2-3 weeks ago and it's never been marked as shipped on eBay and repeated emails haven't produced a response. I don't mind waiting a bit for hand made goodness, but it would be nice to get a reply so I know what's going on at least.

The Hasbro conversion kit I ordered from them on ebay got here in 9 days, the full E-11 kit ordered directly through their site took 5 weeks.  They would not respond to any inquiries,... BUT, the day after I contacted Paypal about the transaction taking over a month, and no tracking number, (required by Paypal), or communication, I suddenly got a response, and the kit shortly thereafter. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ho,

it is right: the delivery time and the communication is an F (or a 6 in Germany)!

At this time we have 4-6 weeks between order and the dispachted note (add 1-2 weeks for shipping). Sure, that's too long for items 'in stock'. And if you have a question to your order you don't get any response.

BUT: doopydoos is not Amazon Prime and Casey is a one woman show selling bears in the main business. If you need a blaster FAST you have to go to Derrek. That's the point.

I ordered round about 15 or more blasters from doopys and i got every single blaster. For three years with a 2 week wait time...now with 6-8 weeks.

i don't say that is good but that's our hobby: plan your builds and set a wait time for your projekt AND exercise some Patience:-) 

P.S. last week i was in a kind email communication with Casey;-) So sometimes you are getting Response....sometimes;)

business can take all of your time when people need to communicate with you.

Imagine having 10 people a day wanting emails?

I average receiving and replying to about 50 to 75 a day

I get on order of 300-600 e-mails a day, nearly all of which require a response of some type. Due to this I may have a slanted opinion on this, so forgive the bias. If a customer takes the time to send you an e-mail, granted that it is not abusive, a response of some type should always be sent back within 1 business day of receipt of the communication. Customer service is paramount, no matter the scale of the business.

I believe Doopydoos.com is just exists to test patience.  I also placed an order on March 22nd and got an email that the order was Dispatched on April 16th.  I guess that means it will take a couple more weeks.  No clue what Dispatched means. This is my first time ordering from them and it was from their main site.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna throw my hat in the ring of people having issues. How it has played out for me.

March 8th I placed my order for an e11 full kit and a stand.

March 17 I emailed asking if my order had been shipped/ was there a tracking number. No Response

March 19th My order is listed as dispatched.

April 3rd I email them asking for a tracking number. They respond with "We shipped via regular airmail on March 19th as for some reason no shipping

costs were added to the invoice.

If it has not arrived by next week please give us another email"

April 22nd I email them again to let them know that I still have not received the package. No response.

May 4th I email again that I have not received my package.

As of today still no response. I could probably get my money back through PayPal but I really would just like my kit. I've finished up my armor and I need a blaster. I purchased off their website, if there was a problem and I wasn't charged the correct shipping they should have contacted me about it. I gladly would have paid for the shipping so I would have a tracking number at the very least. I even asked them about the tracking number before the shipped it out and they didn't say anything. I know not everyone has had the same experience but I figured I would share mine as a warning to people. I wouldn't recommend dealing with them at the moment.

That is a little surprising, Andrew!  I got my Hasbro conversion kit in about 2 weeks when I ordered it on ebay, but my full kit took almost 6 weeks when purchased through their site.  I had NO responses from them until I finally contacted Paypal and asked them to look into it.  then, SURPRISE, I got an email from them the next day.  Apparently they don't do tracking numbers, which is strange, because the person I spoke to at Paypal said they require one for verification of delivery purposes.  I would consider this option, and hope it works out for you... Or you could go Hyperfirm or other options...

FYI:

Tracking numbers are not standard in Europe like they are in the U.S. so Doopydoo is not being shady when you don't get one (unless you fork over the dough). Just be patient and give these guys some slack. Most have day-jobs that aren't making model kits for us all. Just sayin

I don't think its the wait that people have a problem with so much as the lack of communication. I can even understand not emailing back to every inquiry they get, but they should at least be up front at the time of ordering by having a note or warning message that it may take 4-6 weeks for delivery. When you buy something online these days you expect relatively quick shipment unless you're told otherwise up front. So, when no warning is given and it takes 4-6 weeks with no response to email inquiries people understandably get a bit edgy since they're on the edge of not being able to recoup the money for non shipment of goods.

Like I said, this is a hobby and the community spirit here is one of patience and understanding. It's not like you're ordering from a retail franchise, it's one guy doing all of it in his down-time, including answering everybody's emails lol. You're probably just making it take longer to be honest 😅