Doopydoo contact

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They finally got back to me and told me to get in contact with the postal service. Which I have already done. I've called USPS for two weeks straight now, four times a week, and have talked to the same representative. And that representative told me to go ahead and file a paypal report. That says something!

Ā 

IƂĀ“m still not sure what happened with your order.

Ā 

For me it sounds as if you have ordered from Doopy and paid with paypal. Then your item was send, you tracked it until it arrived in the US - and then it got lost somewhere. And cause it was lost by USPS, hasnƂĀ“t resurfaced yet, and the USPS-Representative told you to file a claim against Doopy ..... you did that?

Ā 

Is that correct, or did i misunderstood something?

The post office will not file a claim from the receiver as far as I am aware. It is up to the sender to do this. Because the item itns't yours until you actually get it. It is up to the sender to handle any tracking and claims. At least this is what I have been told in the past.

IƂĀ“m still not sure what happened with your order.

Ā 

For me it sounds as if you have ordered from Doopy and paid with paypal. Then your item was send, you tracked it until it arrived in the US - and then it got lost somewhere. And cause it was lost by USPS, hasnƂĀ“t resurfaced yet, and the USPS-Representative told you to file a claim against Doopy ..... you did that?

Ā 

Is that correct, or did i misunderstood something?

Ā 

I'm trying to solve this from all angles. I have a dialogue going with USPS, and I was attempting to start a dialogue with Doopydoos. The only way I could get Doopys to respond to my inquiries was to file a paypal report. They said they'd be willing to either send another kit, or refund my money. So, I suppose it's settled. But they're filing a report with their postal service, and it could take months. No complaints though, as long as it gets sorted out.

What a chaos.

Ā 

I wonder if filing a report with the postal company will have any result - i donƂĀ“t even understand how they are able to loose a parcel today, in a civilized country, with educated citizens/empoyees, highly organized transport procedures, and scanners at any station on the way. One should think itƂĀ“s noticed by the system when a handled/expected item doesnƂĀ“t arrive on itƂĀ“s next station

I made two orders with Doopydoos and they both arrived within a reasonable time frame. I received 'your order has been shipped' e-mail both times and they responded to my e-mails when I mailed them during their open hours listed on the webpage.

I am living in Japan and rarely have any issues with mail sent from other countries. But I have had several issues with the USPS with lost packages/ money orders, even registered mail with tracking. I had a package sent from my hometown in New York and it disappeared for over 5 months. Went through the whole tracking & claim process and they never could explain where my package went. Spoke to many postal transit station managers who all told a different tale of where the mail is sent before it gets onto a plane for Japan. Seems they often subcontract mail sorting and shipping when they need to and this is where the tracking fails. Tracking stickers are sometimes never scanned at the transit stations and even worse, as in one case I had, magically removed and placed on a phantom package that shows movement but never gets to its final destination. Well, that package that had been lost for 5 months finally showed up at my doorstep in Japan. The odd thing was that is was postmarked 3 days prior to the actual date from when the package was sent by my dad (registered into the computer system that day!). On top of that the package was postmarked from the post office in the next town. Crazy stuff going on at the USPS. That is why people go postal I guess.

Sorry for the long entry but I hope this outlines what might be the cause of all your mail issues.....the USPS! Every time I send something home to NY I say a Hail Mary and pray it gets there. Best of luck with all your mail and future Doopy orders!

What a chaos.

Ā 

I wonder if filing a report with the postal company will have any result - i donƂĀ“t even understand how they are able to loose a parcel today, in a civilized country, with educated citizens/empoyees, highly organized transport procedures, and scanners at any station on the way. One should think itƂĀ“s noticed by the system when a handled/expected item doesnƂĀ“t arrive on itƂĀ“s next station

Ā 

Filing a report for lost package will increase the chance to get Doopydoo their refund. You provide the post office the proof of purchase etc.

Ā 

If Doopydoo gave you a refund. They also want their money back from somewhere else and it's weird that the customer is the one having to do the work for them. I wouldn't help them one bit. I would pretend to, but only get my money back from them.

Ā 

Now if they didn't send anything to the customer (Doopydoo never gave me any parcel number anyway, so it's what makes most sense), the case at the post office will get nowhere and we will blame the post office rather than Doopy, and not make bad advertisement on forums. In some cases like mine Doopy doesn't have to give me my money back because they succeeded in delaying my actions by promising sending another kit. Which we know how that turned out. Had I gotten my money back and a big fat excuse I would tend to not talk bad things about Doopydoo because customer service, even in the worst experience, always prevails in the customer's opinion. But I worked with customer service and know how companies would rather improve their appearance than the way they really treat their customers on a normal basis. The best customer service is the one that is never required.

Ā 

So when Doopydoo does that thing on 10, 50, 100 orders @ 50 GBP each, they make more profit and it's worth getting lots of hatemail every week. I recommend people who like playing with their money to buy from Doopydoo's ebay store - because of the feedback option forcing Doopydoo to behave. I used their own website with Paypal, both of which don't warn anyone of how many disputes a seller has generated.

Ā 

A thread like this should be started on 501st forums because I told Doopdoo this would happen, and they ignored.

Edited by Nicky

ItƂĀ“s been two weeks since I paid for a DLT-19 from doopydoos and tada :dancing-trooper: :

Ā 

IMG_0579.jpg

Ā 

It arrived today. WOOOOHOOOO :jc_doublethumbup:

And I need to confess, that Casey responded, after a difficult start with no response for 2 weeks, promptly to my mails.

I canƂĀ“t understand how these things turned out so disastrously for you with the contact to DD.

I have been informed about the status of my order at all time, the package was send 5 days ago, tracked by Royal Mail ( not as good as USPS,but okay) and handed to me by the postman today.

Ā 

Cheers

Steffen, hide that, der Polizei kommt!

Ā 

Ā 

The german pendant of the CIA already knows that I got nerdish star wars weapons at home.

Probably the guys at the customs-office told them..... :lol:

Maybe it's your postal service that's the problem, and not doopydoo? Yes, they should communicate better. But for all that we know they've sent the items as they should, and probably arrived safe and sound in the US when something went wrong.

(...) But for all that we know they've sent the items as they should (...)

Ā 

I think that whoever isn't diagnosed with severe paranoia shouldn't be allowed to speak his opinion here :angry:

Ā 

hahah... well I've done some research and on ebay they blame the buyer and his local post office, that the buyer never contacted them or informed them of the problem, while the feedback itself says that Doopydoo ignored inquiries.

Ā 

On Doopydoo's website they have some sort of stock quantities management, when an unit isn't available you can make an order anyway and they'll have the thing built, but it looks the same as if it was in stock and ready to ship. Earlier this year you couldn't do that, you could send an e-mail to get in back order. When I regularly check their ebay store however, the E11 kits are rarely listed.

Ā 

Basically they only tell you they didn't have it in stock when you're asking for an explanation within the 45 days claim period, and they avoid too many bad feedbacks on Ebay by avoiding listing what they can't send in due time. When they finally have the E11 kit available, there's no reason to send it to the guy who's past the 45 days claim period when they can secure a good feedback from the other buyers who just recently ordered and can still file a claim.

Ā 

Paranoia gets everything right.

Edited by Nicky

Thanks! I already bought my plane ticket to UK, Doopydoo is the name of their dog so I hope it's an outdoors dog.

Ā 

LOL!!!! Ransom it for about 100 blasters and share with your brethren.

Thanks! I already bought my plane ticket to UK, Doopydoo is the name of their dog so I hope it's an outdoors dog.

Ā 

LOL. :lol:

Ā 

What thinks a Rottweiler when a Stormtrooper comes in range of his chain?

Ā 

"Damn, just another day with food in tupperware." :P

Ā 

Ā 

But i looked at the site a few seconds ago if there is a pic of the dog, and all i found was this:

Ā 

Ā 

Why doopydoo's?

Well its our daughters pet name which she gave herself and we could'nt think of anything better

she also helped design the logo which makes us a unique fun brand

Ā 

So, it seems their daughters name - i hope you can return your ticket, cause we all know that little princesses kill troopers when found. You need more troopers (and set for stun) to improve your chances :D

I was not joking.

Ā 

Just sent another e-mail to doopydoo. Because still no response so far.

Ā 

OK I finally got a response, strange response too, and wasn't very helpful but I ended up with a 39,99 GBP refund in the end, that's the price of the kit excluding S&H. And they wrote no final answer, just the paypal thingie. They just didn't know what else to say I guess.This cost me 82 days and the shipping fee.

Ā 

I'll just post the e-mail conversation so you can see what kind of contact I had with doopydoo. If you consider buying from Doopydoo, check the dates below. Ordered september 17th and got my money back December 8th. I don't have any proof of a legitimate attempt from Doopydoo to help me out in due time.

Ā 

I also demanded an extra 10 GBP for the shipping fee that I think they still owe me.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hi,

I received on paypal the incomplete amount of ƂĀ£39,99, that's 82 days after I ordered from you.

You have still not written anything to assess all the points I have brought up. You have therefor not proven the reason of no-delivery. The images you sent had a timestamp that proves nothing without a copy of the claim report from the post office. Shall you be refunded for Royal Airmail's bad handling in the future, that money is NOT yours.

I demand a refund for the remaining of the amount I paid in total, that's ƂĀ£50.82 - ƂĀ£39.99 = ƂĀ£10.87 that you owe me.

Please transfer the funds as soon as possible ƂĀ£10.87 to my paypal: nicky.-.com

Ā 

Regards,

Nicky Mezzina

Ā 

On Fri 07/12/12 10:37 AM , nicky@re.c.om wrote:

Hi,

Ā 

Would you be kind and answer my e-mail from tuesday this week and take the time to assess every point?

Ā 

Thank you.

Ā 

Regards,

Ā 

Nicky Mezzina

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

On Tue 04/12/12 12:54 PM , nicky@d-com wrote:

Ā 

Hi,

Ā 

You have not given me any help in your response. The images you just sent show a stamp on september 20th so it does not prove that you have sent a replacement in october as you wrote on october 15th, I quote:

" it went out via airmail on the 20th September so it should have been with you weeks ago. What we will do is send out a replacement whilst we put in a claim for the missing one. We apologise about this situation. We will give you a e-mail as soon as the replacement has been shipped out to you as all our props are made to order. Hopefully one will be ready this Wednesday the latest. "

Ā 

So do you have a proof of posting for the replacement, have you filed a claim for this one as well and have you gotten any response?

Ā 

A post office cannot doesn't take 49 days to respond to a claim, let alone two, so I don't see how this is helpful to me.

Ā 

Your last e-mail to me was october 30th 2012. I e-mailed you more questions about my order, and no answer. I know how to use a mailbox and @Doopydoos.com doesn't cought in any spam filter.

Ā 

Either you prove that you have answered my previous e-mails from november, that both packages (the original and replacement) were posted and delivered to Sweden...

Ā 

...or you send me a refund and we settle this once and for all. My paypal is the same: nicky.t@com

Ā 

Ā 

I've been waiting 78 days for something to really happen and we're not in the 90's anymore, that's why I don't take your word for it.

Ā 

/Nicky Mezzina

Ā 

nicky-.com

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

On Tue 04/12/12 9:26 AM , <sales@doopydoos.com> wrote:

Ā 

Good morning Mr. Mezzina

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

We really do not know what is going on, we have answered all your e-mails.

Ā 

We have attached the proof of shipping your name is on the 3rd line down.

Ā 

We have put a claim in with the delivery service for you but we still have not heard anything back from them.

Ā 

As for the accusation that we did not really post your replacement is outrageous when we have the proof given above.

Ā 

That was the proof of shipping that we also gave the delivery company when we put the claim in for you.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

We certainly do not trick or lie to any of our customers.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Casey

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Sent: 04 December 2012 07:30

To: sales@doopydoos.com

Subject: Paypal Transaction ID #2R30-72N)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

e-mail to:

DoopyDoo's Ltd

261 Brereton Avenue

Cleethorpes

North Lincolnshire DN35-7RA

Ā 

Date: December 4th, 2012

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hi,

Ā 

Transaction ID #2R303-72N)

Ā 

You have received ƂĀ£50,86 GBP on monday 17 september 2012.

Ā 

I, the customer, never received anything and e-mailed you countless times, you say you sent two packages assuming the first one got lost. The second one presumably sent, never arrived.

Ā 

You have ignored my e-mails and you have refused to give me a package reference number so I could start an investigation. Ignoring a customer's e-mail for months is a commonly accepted sign of fraudulent intentions. You have responded to other customer's inquiries during that time as it was reported, so you basically pick your customers according to how much power they have to file a dispute on ebay or paypal. You managed to trick me into waiting long enough to pass that 45 days deadline.

Ā 

Answer within the day.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Nicky Mezzina

Ā 

nicky.-.com

nicky@-.com

Ā 

Ā 

[sWITCHED TO A DIFFERENT E-MAIL ADDRESS FROM HERE]

Ā 

Ā 

Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 09:01:22 +0100

Subject: RE: Doopydoo's Collectables - Order Status Updated 3220/170912/25

Ā 

Hi again,

Ā 

Still nothing arrived.

Ā 

I order stuff all the time, even from the UK and Royal Airmail doesn't take that long. So I am a bit concerned. The Swedish post office is very reliable and quick, not a single lost package, things coming from the USA take 4-6 working days total. Then I deal with you guys and the first order took 2 weeks for a Hasbro conversion kit you had in stock, and my second order from 20th september which after according to you was sent twice, 20th september and 19th October, all in all resulted in 49 days waiting and still counting.

Ā 

Please help me understand what is so special with Doopydoo that makes the wait so long? What cheap postal service do you use? Are you cursed with bad luck?

Ā 

Did you get a feedback on your claim for lost package?

Ā 

There is a forum thread on the FISD community dedicated to problems dealing with Doopydoo and in my experience I only lose money and time when an ebay dealer is personally pulling my leg and sometimes insults me in his e-mails if he answers at all. Basically 49 days is in pair with a bad ebay purchase and I didn't expect it from Doopydoo which came recommended by the community.

Ā 

Please enlighten me because most buyers in the costumer's community dont believe in curses and we are discussing seller reliability regularly. If we come to a clear understanding and resolve this issue then I will not make any assumption and hope more people will order from you.

Ā 

Thanks in advance!

Ā 

Kind regards,

Ā 

Nicky Mezzina

Ā 

-----Original Message-----

Ā 

Sent: 30 Oct 2012 08:51:55 GMT

To: 'Nicky M'

Ā 

Good morning Nicky

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yes it was shipped out on the 19th via airmail.

Ā 

It should be with you any day now.

Ā 

Kind regards, Casey.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Sent: 29 October 2012 21:50

Importance: High

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hi!

Ā 

Ā 

I didn't get any status update on this, was it shipped yet?

Ā 

Kind regards,

Ā 

Nicky

Ā 

To: nicky.-.com

Subject: RE: Doopydoo's Collectables - Order Status Updated

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 08:14:40 +0100

Ā 

Good morning Nicky

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

No jet ski sorry, it went out via airmail on the 20th September so it should have been with you weeks ago.

Ā 

What we will do is send out a replacement whilst we put in a claim for the missing one.

Ā 

We apologise about this situation.

Ā 

We will give you a e-mail as soon as the replacement has been shipped out to you as all our props are made to order.

Ā 

Hopefully one will be ready this Wednesday the latest.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Speak soon

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Casey

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Sent: 14 October 2012 23:36

Subject: RE: Doopydoo's Collectables - Order Status Updated

Importance: High

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hi!

Ā 

This has not arrived yet and I received the dispatch status update on september 20th.

Ā 

Is September 20th the actual dispatch date or just when you registered for upcoming dispatch? How long from your lcoation to international destinations (Sweden) does it usually take? And why so slow when you are so close, is the courier traveling on a jet ski? :)

Ā 

Thanks in advance!

Ā 

Kind regards,

Ā 

Nicky Mezzina

Ā 

> From: sales@doopydoos.com

> To: nicky.th-com

> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 05:58:21 +0100

> Subject: Doopydoo's Collectables - Order Status Updated

>

>

> Dear Nicky,

>

> We want to let you know that your order 3220/170912/25 status has been updated to...

>

> DISPATCHED

>

> If you have any questions about your order, send an email to sales@doopydoos.com or simply reply to this message.

>

> Doopydoo's Collectables

>

>

>

Edited by Nicky

This email exchange and story sounds so eerily similar to mine. Something seems fishy. I was refunded my purchase amount, but not shipping because they "had shipped" my replacement/missing pieces (still haven't received) and were out two shipping fees. Seems like they are still making money off non refunded shipping costs (especially to the US). Hmmmm....I should post my email exchange so you can see how similar they are. I'll see if I still have it.

I ordered an E-11 full resin kit from Doopydoo's which was paid for on 11/19. I sent an email on the 27th to ask about status and received a same day reply stating that item was dispatched.

Ā 

Their website does mention that it may take 10-14 days for shipments to arrive outside of the UK, so I've been giving them some time.