MCRE Helmet for $190

DEDEDEJr

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...9#ht_500wt_1057

Hey, I was gonna buy this helmet, but then my buddy Obievon hooked me up instead. I felt bad about making the person take so many photos for me, so here you are FISD, a nice helmet you should buy to help me get over my guilt :P

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...9#ht_500wt_1057

Hey, I was gonna buy this helmet, but then my buddy Obievon hooked me up instead. I felt bad about making the person take so many photos for me, so here you are FISD, a nice helmet you should buy to help me get over my guilt :P

No biggie DEDEDEJr just trying to help a Trooper out. I know this will help you get to where you want to be. :smiley-sw013:

Also, (and this is just what I've gleaned from posts here at the FISD) if you were going for a more "Idealized" look, wouldn't the more or less symmetrical MRCE be the most likely choice?

I understand most of the fan-pulled helms are purposefully asymmetrical to get a "Set Accurate" look.

Obviously I'm still pretty new to this, so please correct me if I'm wrong!!!

- Berban

Yes, the MRCE is very idealized and symmetrical, which I love. Personally, I'm not a fan of the eye bump on the fan made helmets. Although screen accurate, the general public might just think you have a lower grade helmet or that something went wrong with it when it was made.

I bought mine for $65 in 2008 and am extremely happy with both the price paid and the helmet. While a great helmet (and I prefer idealized), it does need to be modded for 501st acceptability, and even more so for EIB. That said, my question is why pay such an exorbitant price for this product when fan produced buckets (some of which are idealized as well) are much cheaper?

Wait, which fan produced bucket makers do the "Idealized" look?

Forgive me, I assumed that all the fan produced stuff (or at least, the good stuff) was not Idealized and was Set Accurate, since it appears that's what the majority of troopers are going for these days.

Quite curious....

I actually may need FX form my melon, and that's RT-Mod right?

I suppose I'll have to find some RT info (PM anyone?) and look into that one as well.... (at least for my first lid!).

Thanks!

nope different makers

Oh, no! :) Sorry, I can see how it looks like I thought FX and RT were the same. Shouldn't have written it that way.....

Should've been something like:

"I actually may need FX form my melon since I hear it's bigger than most (as is my head!).

And by RT you mean RT-Mod right? (I've only ever read it referred to as "RT-Mod" not a two letter abbreviation like most others - FX, TM, TE- and thought maybe it was a variation - like TE and TE2)."

I was just too hasty.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I'm gonna Iron Out some of that Ole Eye bump myself!

since I'm not doing a stunt build.

The MRCE looks pretty hero style modable to me... so that's where I went with that puppy.

• 2 months later...

I saw some good close ups of an RT-MOD lid this week and while it looks great, I would advise you to look at the back. The bulge that sweeps around the back of the neck is so flat, it's almost non-existent. I don't like that bit at all, but the face plate is really nice.

• 1 month later...