death in the family

Laspector

My girlfriend of 4 years was killed October 31st at 7pm in a tragic car accident. She was on the interstate and her car went dead. No lights or anything. She could not even get to the shoulder. Another car stopped behind her to help. Melanie was getting out to get her emergency kit when a third car veered around the car behind her and swung back in at 70 mph and struck her. She was DOA at the hospital. I was not with her at the time. I received the call about 9pm.

We were going to announce our engagement at Christmas as a wonderful present to our families. We wanted to get married and start a family. Now all those dreams are gone.

Her poor daughter had just gotten married 4 weeks earlier. Also, her daughter's 20th birthday was the day before the funeral.

Melanie was getting her master's degree in art. Her family and I set up a memorial scholarship in her name. I think she would have liked that.

I feel like my life is over. The pain gets worse every day. The days just seem to blur together.

Melanie was a brilliant artist and sculptor. Whenever I see the sky now I just think of her painting the sunsets and sculpting the clouds.

Please think of her next time you see a beautiful sky.

Darrel I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what I would do in your situation. We are all here for you if you need to talk or anything. My thoughts and prayers go out you and your family as well as Melanie's family. If you need anything let me know.

I am so sorry to hear about this. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through, and i dont think there is anything anyone here can say to make you feel any better. Im sure you have the support of your family and hers and thats what matters most in times like these. They are the ones who will see you through this.

You have my deepest condolences.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine the pain and emptiness you are feeling now, but do know that she and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

You reached out for a reason, and although hard Roads in life are put before us, They are for a greater journey that we do not understand most times.

Support comes from the most unexpected places, as well as with in you.

You are in my prayers. God bless.

Darrel, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your family and friends are providing you with all the love and support you need during this truly difficult time. If you need more, just reach out and you'll find it here.

Darrel, I am very sorry for your loss.

What a horrific event made even more heartbreaking in light of your impending engagement.

Give yourself plenty of time to grieve; Melanie sounds like a very special person, and the evident pain you are suffering is a testament to how much you loved her.

I will think of her the next time I see a beautiful sky.

I've sat here for some time now trying to find words to express what I want to say, but they feel too small in the face of such a great loss.

But I won't forget you, or her, or your loss, any time soon.

I'll be sure to think of her when I admire the sky.

Yeah, i'm in the same boat.... I don't feel like anything i say will have nearly the meaning i'd like to have! But we're here for you, for anything you need.