Juno's R1TK: 850 armorworks and more.

Junos

Perhaps it's a bit early to make this topic, though in my mind I feel its good to get things right... before the boxes come! A good use of time, since there's currently a snowstorm. 

Coming in....
R1 TK Hard Armor kit  - ABS Plastic                                     - 850 Armorworks       - 2/11/20 Estimated ship

R1 TK Helmet kit         - Hybrid Urethene / Polyester Resin - Headshot Props        - 2/4/20 Estimated ship (Yes I'm aware about them)
E-11 prebuild              - Aluminum, Resin, Plastic                 - QuestDesignCanada - 3/28/20 (will need "upgrades" for R1. D-Ring, Counter, Flashlight)
R1 TK Gloves               - Leather                                            - Endorfinders             - 1/24/20 Estimate  Arrived 1/23/20!
Helmet Lens                 Plastic                                               -TrooperBay                 - 1/25/20 Estimate  Arrived 1/25/20
Frown Mesh                 Wiremesh                                         -TrooperBay                 - 1/25/20 Estimate Arrived 1/25/20
Helmet Brow                Rubber                                              -TrooperBay                 - 1/25/20 Estimate Arrived 1/25/20
Helm S Seal                  Rubber                                              -TrooperBay                 - 1/25/20 Estimate Arrived 1/25/20
1P Undersuit                Cotton/Lycra                                      -ExtremeRacing           -  2/1/20 Estimate 

On the Todo / Looking into / to Order list:

R1 TK Gloves               - Leather                                         - Endorfinders
Undersuit....           Any recommendations? 
Neck seal...            Contacted GeekyPink with some Qs, their products look great.
Balaclava...             I own some winter balaclavas, though they're... for winter.... should this be tight fitting or loose? The one I have is tight and a bit thick. 
Knee Gaskets..       Depends on undersuit. 
R1 TK boots                -Leather                                           -Imperial Boots (Reminder set for 12am Feburary to make an order)
TK Belt                        -Canvas                                            -Imperial Issue  [CRL States BELT SHALL BE MADE IN PLASTIC / 2 PART PLASTIC, included with 850 Armorwork kit.]

Helmet Lens...        Trooperbay or Amazon/Ebay for dark green face-shields lens.
Harness...               Possibly GeekyPink or just wear black suspenders. 
Paints -                  Full automotive Primers, Flat, Gloss, paints. (Local) Gonna touch base with my father on this, as he's a current Car Salesman, former Mechanic and Bodyshop worker. 
Strap/ Hookups..   Elastic straps with snap buttons
Teeth mesh...         Easy to find in local stores. Same goes for the Hovi Mix Tips  (Hovi Tip Covers still needed)
Brow trim...            Rubber bar from local stores.. Anyone have reference on how much the brow protrudes?
ABS plastic...          Hoping to use the 'scrap' from the Armor kit for details like the Tube stripe blue indents. Aswell as re-enforcement if needed. If not, then Buying a sheet off of amazon.
Most of the small stuff here, like glue and buying more clamps
Travel container...  Looking into it. Local Garrison suggests 50 gallon Husky 37 inch wheeled container.   Purchased!
Helmet lining...      Home made using foam and leather
Onboard mic...      Possibly iComm from TK6294. Hide it underneath all the clothing / chestplate. 
Helmet AC...          Something I plan to look into later. I've never really had an overheat issue with my head in previous costumes with thermal wear. (regular clothes + insulated bodysuit + biker pads). Concerning fogged up lens, usually id coat them with a AntiFog agent / Ceramic spray. Lasts a few hours, though temporary.

M300A Mini Scout Light.... would this work? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Element-Airsoft-M300A-Mini-Scout-Flashlight-Black-180-Lumens-EX-191-/141610520007

E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster... out of the price range :P

Anything I'm missing? My workshop and dremel have been ready.
Also worth noting I've been in contact with my local garrison, have been very welcoming and eager to help if needed!

Goal:
Complete before July 2020. 5 months of building. 
Acceptance into 501st eventually leading to Level 3.

Edited by Junos
Updating info.
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Junos said:

Perhaps it's a bit early to make this topic, though in my mind I feel its good to get things right... before the boxes come! A good use of time, since there's currently a snowstorm. 

Coming in....
R1 TK Hard Armor kit  - ABS Plastic                                     - 850 Armorworks       - 2/11/20 Estimated ship

R1 TK Helmet kit         - Hybrid Urethene / Polyester Resin - Headshot Props        - 2/4/20 Estimated ship (Yes I'm aware about them)
E-11 prebuild              - Aluminum, Resin, Plastic                 - QuestDesignCanada - 3/28/20 (will need "upgrades" for R1)

On the Todo / Looking into / to Order list:

R1 TK Gloves               - Leather                                         - Endorfinders
Undersuit....           Any recommendations? 
Neck seal...            Contacted GeekyPink with some Qs, their products look great.
Balaclava...             I own some winter balaclavas, though they're... for winter.... should this be tight fitting or loose? The one I have is tight and a bit thick. 
Knee Gaskets..       Depends on undersuit. 
R1 TK boots                -Leather                                           -Imperial Boots
TK Belt                        -Canvas                                            -Imperial Issue

Helmet Lens...        Trooperbay or Amazon/Ebay for dark green face-shields lens.
Harness...               Possibly GeekyPink or just wear black suspenders. 
Paints -                  Full automotive Primers, Flat, Gloss, paints. (Local) Gonna touch base with my father on this, as he's a current Car Salesman, former Mechanic and Bodyshop worker. 
Strap/ Hookups..   Elastic straps with snap buttons
Teeth mesh...         Easy to find in local stores. Same goes for the Hovi Mix Tips
Brow trim...            Rubber bar from local stores.. Anyone have reference on how much the brow protrudes?
ABS plastic...          Hoping to use the 'scrap' from the Armor kit for details like the Tube stripe blue indents. Aswell as re-enforcement if needed. If not, then Buying a sheet off of amazon.
Most of the small stuff here, like glue and buying more clamps
Travel container...  Looking into it
Helmet lining...      Home made using foam and leather
Onboard mic...      Possibly iComm from TK6294. Hide it underneath all the clothing / chestplate. 
Helmet AC...          Something I plan to look into later. I've never really had an overheat issue with my head in previous costumes with thermal wear. (regular clothes + insulated bodysuit + biker pads). Concerning fogged up lens, usually id coat them with a AntiFog agent / Ceramic spray. Lasts a few hours, though temporary.
E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster... out of the price range :P

Anything I'm missing? My workshop and dremel have been ready.
Also worth noting I've been in contact with my local garrison, have been very welcoming and eager to help if needed!

Goal:
Complete before July 2020. 5 months of building. 
Acceptance into 501st eventually leading to Level 3.

Hey man! Can't wait to see this! 

Some recommendations/tips:

-Undersuit: I'm assuming you mean the ribbed sweater/gaskets? Jim Tripon makes them, hit him up on facebook or TheRPF (his products are under Jimmoroqui)

-Brow: I've searched top and bottom for rubber brow material at local stores... NEVER came up with anything. I ordered it off of Trooperbay.com. Fantastic stuff. 

-Headware: There is no "right" balaclava, it all comes down to comfort. It tucks underneath a ribbed neck seal, so keep that in mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to everything else, unless you have the money for it, don't buy everything at once. Get the armor, harness that up, size it to your undersuit, THEN worry about technical stuff like mic and ac. It's much easier knowing EVERYTHING fits before hitting 2 birds with one stone. 

Best of luck man! From one R1TK to soon another! 

Edited by Parquette

18 hours ago, Parquette said:

Hey man! Can't wait to see this! 

Some recommendations/tips:

-Undersuit: I'm assuming you mean the ribbed sweater/gaskets? Jim Tripon makes them, hit him up on facebook or TheRPF (his products are under Jimmoroqui)

-Brow: I've searched top and bottom for rubber brow material at local stores... NEVER came up with anything. I ordered it off of Trooperbay.com. Fantastic stuff. 

-Headware: There is no "right" balaclava, it all comes down to comfort. It tucks underneath a ribbed neck seal, so keep that in mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to everything else, unless you have the money for it, don't buy everything at once. Get the armor, harness that up, size it to your undersuit, THEN worry about technical stuff like mic and ac. It's much easier knowing EVERYTHING fits before hitting 2 birds with one stone. 

Best of luck man! From one R1TK to soon another! 

Does Jimmoroqui / Jim Tripon have an email? 

As far as undersuit research, I found some posts on here that refereed Trooperbay / ExtremeRacing's 1-p body suit. Do you use a 2p or 1p undersuit? 

Brow. No idea Trooperbay had these! I'll definitely be purchasing the brow and neck seal! Thanks for that suggestion. May aswell just get everything on TB since its there. Mesh, Visor, Brow and Neck seal. Convenient! 

Balaclava... I'll certainly do trial and error, first starting with the thinner ones that operate more like a filming fullhead hairnet. 

As for technical work, no way I would assemble the full thing without proper sizing / testing! While I feel this would be common sense, I think there's a reason it was mentioned... Hopefully those who suffered before with this didn't have too hard of a fix up job. ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Imperial Valour said:

I'm sure everyone has warned you about Head Shot Props and their lack of timeliness. That being said, even though my helmet was late, it was in good shape and it came out great. Working with resin is easy, and I am pleased with their details.

How late was it? Your R1 thread was an inspiration for mine. Online the listing has a ship date within 10 days, and when asked, HSP's Joe said its accurate and in stock.

Edited by Junos

UONkyHf.png

The hording of materials begins!

My EndorFinder's gloves came in today and they're fantastic! Really great quality and fit great!

Got the 37' in box at Home Depot on sale aswell! 20 dollars off. 

• Like 1

nlVxQzz.png

The hording of materials part 2.... Helmets for decor 

Whats left: Voice Amp, Magnets, E6000, Bondo, Neck Gasket, Paints, Foam, Helmet kit, Armor kit, Blaster, Boots and possibly some bits for the dremel. 

Edited by Junos
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2020 at 4:10 PM, Junos said:

How late was it? Your R1 thread was an inspiration for mine. Online the listing has a ship date within 10 days, and when asked, HSP's Joe said its accurate and in stock.

Ordered mine in late 2018, never saw it, finally canceled my order in early 2020...

Also they refused to refund me for a long while... Wouldn't do business with them again.

Hope all is well for you.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Ordered mine in late 2018, never saw it, finally canceled my order in early 2020...

Also they refused to refund me for a long while... Wouldn't do business with them again.

Hope all is well for you.

Since my last post, the armor is the last thing I'm waiting to come in. 

I ordered a bucket from HSP, and then the day after, asked if the helmets were in stock. Was told yes, and they would ship in 11 days... Its been longer than 11 days. 

Jan 14 ordered
Jan 15 asked if the items in stock. 
Jan 16 "This item is in stock ro ship within 10 working days please let me know of we can help any further. Joe"
Jan 29, asked for shipping info
Jan 31, asked again for shipping info, the Etsy ship deadline was on Jan 28 (No response)
Feb 8, (ask on facebook) I ask if the R1 TKs are being worked on at all, the last time a helmet was shown was Janurary 3
"The final ones should be pulled next week. Got pneumonia and had some vac machine issues . Just had to finance this mother for 14k .(image attached of huge machine)"
Feb 11 (responce on Etsy) "Hi XXXXXX,
Sorry for the delayed response. I'm a bit backed up and have had pneumonia for the last 3 days while setting up a new vac table. I didn't forget you. We'll get it shipped as soon as possible. You'll receive a tracking email when it ships. Thanks for your patience."
Feb 18, I ask what the email will be so that I don't have it accidentally sent to spam folder. (No response on Etsy. )
March 3, (Facebook) I ask for any good news.

850armorworks gave me an estimate of their armor shipping around March 13. If Headshotprops continues to ignore me, or has no shipping information at that date, I'll be highly disappointed, and will have to swallow up my 'Giving the benefit of the doubt'. On Facebook, there's been another shopper who says there's been no contact with them at all concerning their order. My goal of having armor built by July is coming closer, and the one thing I intended to do, was finish the helmet before the body comes. Perhaps I'll just have to use my Black Series helmet. 

I should have taken the things I saw on the forums more seriously, concerning Headshot props. There were a handful of positive results, but the bad, is bad. Its just very hard to find R1 gear anywhere. You have HSP, and Jimmi. I chose HSP just because I would rather not deal with fiberglass, and didn't know where to contact Jimmi, as he is inactive on here. 

• 2 weeks later...

QDC's E-11 Arrived in the mail today! Very nice quality and sturdiness to it!

JPEG_20200314_112757.jpg

Literally the last thing I'm waiting on now is the Helmet. 

Edited by Junos

• 1 month later...

JPEG_20200513_184836.jpg

"The time has come!"

My Headshot Props R1 Bucket arrived today. I'm very satisfied with how it was packaged and molded, everything looks clean and in place. The work it needs is exactly as advertised. The last puzzle piece!

On the right is the Hasbro Black Series TK helmet. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 8:22 AM, Roukie 1 said:

How´s the armor doing? Or are you first building the helmet?

I´d like to follow another R1 WIP.

I'd like to do the helmet first! Michigan had a ban on certain products issued due to COVID 19 so I have yet to obtain my paints and glosses to use.

I want to start, but due to COVID I am out of a job, so I've been focusing my time on alternative income with my 3d works. I also am in contact with someone who might be able to 3d print my Phase 0 darktrooper armor I modelled out, so perhaps after this is all over..... I'll have two kits i have to build! :huh: haha 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see another build. Keep up with it and work on it when you can even if all you do is sand. I added you to the roster.

• Like 1