Atin

Bucketheads: A Stormtrooper Story (Fan Film)

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share the trailer for a fan film I've been working on for almost a year now with my fellow TKs from the Outer Rim Garrison. The film will be screening at DragonCon next weekend and will be available online in December. Hope you enjoy!

EDIT: And here's the full film:

Edited by Atin
  • Like 6

I love this because in the film it is shown a stormtrooper getting hit but HIS ARMOR PROTECTED HIM!!

Oh gee what a novel idea we have never seen in SW !!

ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE GOT IT RIGHT!!!

Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool and the main actors are wearing AP (Authenticprops) trooper armors

Mark (AP)

Mark- that’s not you taking all those hits and running forward like a beast??? C’mon, you can tell us the truth!

3 hours ago, Bud Spaklur said:

Mark- that’s not you taking all those hits and running forward like a beast??? C’mon, you can tell us the truth! emoji12.png

HAHAHA no fortunately it wasn't me in the armor

Glad you're liking it! The film will be premiering on YouTube in one week. We've released a final trailer in the meantime:

On 11/18/2018 at 4:53 PM, ABS80 said:

Cool and the main actors are wearing AP (Authenticprops) trooper armors :)

Mark (AP)

Luckily the main actor was my exact height and fit my own AP kit perfectly. Most of the featured TKs wore APs actually. Some ATAs are in there as well.

• Like 2

Wow, the trailer is looking great! :peace:

I’m looking forward for the complete film!

And here it is fellas: 

Snuck a little 501 reference in there :)

Edited by Atin
  • Like 3

Awesome! Well done.
I’m a bit jealous I can’t run like that in my armor, but all around from effects to dialogue it’s great.

• Like 1

Great story line and character development you have going. Keep it up!

Question on the helmets being put on. I noticed everyone's very precise about placing it on, at an off-angle and then twisting it forward. You can even hear a sound effect as though a seal lock and internal pressure is established. Is the twist a bit of creative license? I've read just about every book in the Star Wars Universe, many about Stormtroopers and have yet to come upon that approach. Definitely a nice touch.

10 hours ago, Linus said:

Great story line and character development you have going. Keep it up!

Question on the helmets being put on. I noticed everyone's very precise about placing it on, at an off-angle and then twisting it forward. You can even hear a sound effect as though a seal lock and internal pressure is established. Is the twist a bit of creative license? I've read just about every book in the Star Wars Universe, many about Stormtroopers and have yet to come upon that approach. Definitely a nice touch.

Thanks! It's really the only way to put on the bucket, and the idea of a pressure seal appealed to us, so our sound designer came up with this sound. He worked on Battlefront II so I guess you could say it's canon now? :D

• Like 1

And here it is fellas: 

Snuck a little 501 reference in there

You did a great job on this. How long from start to finish did it take you to make this, a year and a half, more or less?

On 12/9/2018 at 10:23 AM, Bud Spaklur said:

You did a great job on this. How long from start to finish did it take you to make this, a year and a half, more or less?

Thanks! We wrote the script back in February 2017. Then went to camera in September that same year after scraping the funds together and organizing all the people and parts that are needed to make a film. We filmed for 4 days initially, came back for a day of reshoots a couple of weeks later and eventually added the opening scene inside that spaceship in March 2018. The next 6 months were spent on creating the visual effects, which was almost exclusively done by my fellow garrison member SL-38405. The film was officially finished in June 2018 but we kept working on little improvements until the week before the online release.

Edited by Atin
  • Like 1