Atin

Bucketheads: A Stormtrooper Story (Fan Film)

Thanks! We wrote the script back in February 2017. Then went to camera in September that same year after scraping the funds together and organizing all the people and parts that are needed to make a film. We filmed for 4 days initially, came back for a day of reshoots a couple of weeks later and eventually added the opening scene inside that spaceship in March 2018. The next 6 months were spent on creating the visual effects, which was almost exclusively done by my fellow garrison member SL-38405. The film was officially finished in June 2018 but we kept working on little improvements until the week before the online release.

Very cool, good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Production values all around are superb. This is easily network quality material and it all falls to place - yes the effects (which were amazing) are there but so too is the direction, music, camera work, editing,  You guys should be justifiably proud of this achievement.  Nice 501st on the detonator!  I'm sure I missed a few other Easter eggs.  The story was well written too. I've done some interesting things in my old FX kit, but the athletics in the suits were cool to see as well.  Not sure I'd do that in my current armor ;-)

The closing credits were - beyond good - they were exceptional.

I've seen a lot of fan films, but nothing this good.  I hope you received a lot of rewards/recognition.

• Like 2

That was amazing, congratulations to all those involved, I loved it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daetrin said:

Production values all around are superb. This is easily network quality material and it all falls to place - yes the effects (which were amazing) are there but so too is the direction, music, camera work, editing,  You guys should be justifiably proud of this achievement.  Nice 501st on the detonator!  I'm sure I missed a few other Easter eggs.  The story was well written too. I've done some interesting things in my old FX kit, but the athletics in the suits were cool to see as well.  Not sure I'd do that in my current armor ;-)

The closing credits were - beyond good - they were exceptional.

I've seen a lot of fan films, but nothing this good.  I hope you received a lot of rewards/recognition.

Thanks Daetrin! That means a lot coming from you!

We did build a specific stunt suit out of B grade pieces for those crazy antics. I would never ask anybody to do that to their actual kit haha.

Edited by Atin