WTF ANH STUNT TK Build Thread

StrmTRPR85

what me worry?  the end is in sight.  Plus makes sense to flip them that way.  I was wondering as I was doing it wow how does anyone get these on while suiting up.  

Comes to be if I'm asking that probably doing it wrong :P

• Like 1

Just now, StrmTRPR85 said:

what me worry?  the end is in sight.  Plus makes sense to flip them that way.  I was wondering as I was doing it wow how does anyone get these on while suiting up.  

Comes to be if I'm asking that probably doing it wrong :P

:laugh1: Well we've seen some interesting ideas come across these boards. 

• Like 1

Well I'm waiting for sometime to get back on the sewing machine I opted to attach my shoulder strap covers

I looked at a few reference pics and came to the conclusion that I should have about four of the small tabs on the chest piece in addition to the large tab.  I clamped in place and did a fitment check and they looked good to me.

Now Walts kit has a large tab on the front and a large tab on the back, from what I have found/read having the tab on the back will not impact approval, but I am still debating about removing it as I have not seen one in the screen captures for ANH yet.

8psIJz-dsLlMyBWjGk1UWOCGNMp57UA_TcJEqpU7v-aXsR3OCnoNSxjLx8Pxzx_Ma1qqKZdNrg84YpAOt1KGWcrQ9sgITs_wVhOKls8yQi2ZpCBXkEWtQU39

I glued in place and clamped down.  I lined my fourth small tab line with the edge line of the chest piece.

Once I get some more freetime I'll be fixing my shin straps on the sewing machine and getting those bad boys glued up

9 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

Literally just logged on to find a bra clip how to thread and see how everyone else’s did it. And bam this pops up. Thanks for making my life that much easier.

I'm glad to help!  I have to use my sewing machine to make the clips tighter.  I first did them by hand, and am not as satisfied with the strength they could have.

Edited by StrmTRPR85
typographical
  • Like 1

Regarding the shoulder strap tabs, we concluded that the screen used had a medium-sized bump at the back. Smaller than the front one, bigger than the others.

3 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

I looked at a few reference pics and came to the conclusion that I should have about four of the small tabs on the chest piece in addition to the large tab.  I clamped in place and did a fitment check and they looked good to me.

Now Walts kit has a large tab on the front and a large tab on the back, from what I have found/read having the tab on the back will not impact approval, but I am still debating about removing it as I have not seen one in the screen captures for ANH yet.

You are bang on with the front placement (large tab and 4 small ones).  Nice.  :jc_doublethumbup:

As Luc pointed out, there was a recent debate regarding the back tab and the CRL has been updated to reflect this.  In short, you can cut off the back large tab if you want.

My two cents: if Walt's back tab is as large as the front tab, I would cut it off if you don't need the extra material.  There are medium sized tabs on the back of the Hero suits and possibly some Stunt suits, so medium tabs are ok.  Otherwise most of the screen shots I've seen show the Stunt having no large (or even medium) tabs at the back. 

The build is coming along nicely.  Good work! :duim:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lucnak said:

Regarding the shoulder strap tabs, we concluded that the screen used had a medium-sized bump at the back. Smaller than the front one, bigger than the others.

36 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

My two cents: if Walt's back tab is as large as the front tab, I would cut it off if you don't need the extra material.  There are medium sized tabs on the back of the Hero suits and possibly some Stunt suits, so medium tabs are ok.  Otherwise most of the screen shots I've seen show the Stunt having no large (or even medium) tabs at the back.

Thats exactly the same thread I read and saw that statement about the tabs.  I'm leaning towards cutting the large tab off but I want to wait and see how/where to cut once I am wearing it.

• Like 1

Got on the old work horse and strengthened the bra hooks to my elastic straps

-wSne4wHMBZK54FT2Wzv6nrMBI3Fg2tB3Gkc_te0

Much better using the machine than doing it by hand.  The hooks are solidly sewed in and no longer concerned about them falling apart on me.

And now my hooks are installed in a manner that makes it easier to hook them and unhook them (Thank you Tony for  calling that out!)

KqKIsipmInPFtEcJGSuY1vJ72XxpwvlTvHO-oUulRt_c_R5u6EJl7Ll2iamCgfZKjYgDAcwxzgT7KRUW

Out of curiosity....are there many troopers that would want to do the elastic hooks?  I'm willing to sew some up for people for a fair price for those that are interested.

40 minutes ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

Out of curiosity....are there many troopers that would want to do the elastic hooks?  I'm willing to sew some up for people for a fair price for those that are interested.

Create an interest check in the sales section and see what kind of interest you receive. that will answer your question. 

• Like 1

Tried on the shins this morning.

gFQd3VJLPeQ2cBR2PcWLg4GVP0-T6PSnNu_kiEng

Bw-3_kalqH8GTk_DkpR53A7mBWOgvv9TT9Mndxgk

Looks great directly from behind

Although from the sides

DOasNUYXZyYMEawiWreAfWSxemYYgdVj0sfB2Mr7

Ctm7mWylWtmjXPmX319cl_BoLUkUt26t94L5LIWr

I think the coverstrip is causing it to spring out a bit.  I'm thinking a heat gun and guide it closer will fix this.

Looking good! I noticed in picture it looks like you don't have an internal coverstrip. I'd recommend you atleast add ones in shins. Really all pcs would benefit from them.

Keep up the great work!:duim:

Assembled my front chest snaps.  This will be where my white elastic from my back plate secures to the chest.

First I measured the width of the area on the chest that the snaps will be going and cut a piece of extra material that Walt supplies

rf9uQ-GLtXPDakSoJbqOQCJej1UIgjwl7yoptfgZ

Than I drilled my holes for my snaps with a 5/32 drill bit and honed them out so the post would go through.  I eyeballed dead middle of my squares

-DKjMJMdD1cK4WfXztRrIKvDDQr4AgUhQyZgtRHW

Using my snap tools I hammered them into place and sanded the backs of the mounts and a bit on the chest to give the E6000 something to grip on to.  I placed the mount on the chest and clamped into place.

nRnpzdDfqBkmdJyTGB0zrQ9d05txy8q93e3Ap1k9

izSfeEprfnnq2yw_rHiYCHOKOgDMYt1-Rq9Am_Z_

• Like 1

Hey Jeff I know you've been going with the canon look which is awesome, just wanted to make sure you knew the left side chest and back connecting strap is glued to the chest plate also, no snap.

gallery_12157_59_58603.jpg

4 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

just wanted to make sure you knew the left side chest and back connecting strap is glued to the chest plate also, no snap.

Ah so it is  Thank you Tony!  I thought that snap on the left side was what it hooked up to.  They must have used that snap for something else.

So everyone from my pic before disregard the left side that will be coming off later tonight once I get home from work:P

If you look closely it's a single cap rivet holding the left shoulder cover, similar to that on the right, but obviously the right side has a snap above the rivet. ;) 

Edit: To be honest IMHO only I'm not exactly sure if those were actual shoulder cover/plates or replacements for the material that broke over time, but that's a different topic for another time.