WTF ANH STUNT TK Build Thread

StrmTRPR85

I did a bit of coverstrip trimming this morning.  Worked on cleaning up the left arm so I can prepare that assembly side

Left Bicep Front:

jBZU3G9Q5PB_15CcW40YXDyobHPWr0q-Ltou0peu

Left Bicep Back:xP6izIAbzrmxYVTrK8ns6hsokFYKf5wEYCBqBvTx

Left Forearm Back:

Xq_GiTJO2yrUl61V0JDgVFvI5Qa6N07Cury6up1r

Left Forearm Front:

aOm2x1ft7FZOL6yoQirnAaWmmxhejH0QKT13wgty

I want to do the 2 inch elastic strap attaching the bicep to the forearm.  I know this is not a requirement but what amount of spacing is deemed appropriate between the bicep and forearm?

w7GASET9BlGzaIKnG-25J2aG6qxj__xxsUuBTpkW2pH0zDAR1rAPJ4Xmf1iFpK2Q3NAdBt5539sOHv_pFu5ugOafvnmTUzi2TdzpAJZPGo2IzBKyQfDs-0fC

Those coverstrips are looking nice, (to my eyes). :jc_doublethumbup:

Regarding the gap between the bicep and the forearm, you’ll probably be best to work that out when your shoulder and gloves are ready. This way, you can look to achieve nice even gaps based on what you have.

Nice gaps on Han’s suit:

38a9fae9519a76a07bb79fcc14ac7ae6.jpg

Just out of interest, are the top of the biceps comfortable? I see you’ve left a lot of return edge which looks like it could lead to some discomfort. It could also push your shoulder bells out due to the extra thickness. As this will be under the shoulder bell, you could get away with a lot less return, as per the pics that Tony shared, if you wanted. Just a thought. :duim:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CableGuy
  • Like 2

This is from Sean's build, worth sharing as it is a simple jig to get the spacing even. 

A few posts down on page three

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Just out of interest, are the top of the biceps comfortable?

They seem alright, I have more of an issue with my elbow that i was going to thin down to make it a bit easier sliding off.

Tonight is my good working on the kit night so I plan on fitting attempts with the return edges and bells

9 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Am I right that you are just confirming that whilst some cover strips are cut with 45 degree corners, others (like the elbow end of the forearm that you pictured) are cut to conform to the relevant armour piece, not strictly 45 degrees?

Thanks in advance. :-)

Correct. We've probably read and seen the same information ;). The point I was focusing on was not whether the edges are 45 degrees or other, but moreover they're not required.

• Like 2

Thank you Tony for the clarification.  I know they are not required for approval, just going for that extra feather in my cap ;)

Do the front of the shins have this cut on the coverstrips?  I am having a hard time finding a clear reference pic.  I don't believe they are on the back of the shins.

I literally just found it those same pics and was hoping to beat you to posting them :blush:

I was trying to look in the screen caps and than in the galleries for the court case.

I should really try starting at the RS feed

2 minutes ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

Would these gloves work for centurion? I am unsure about the texture on the top of the finger tips

My gloves look just like these.  And nothing was ever mentioned to me on my Centurion application.  :) 

• Like 2

Just now, Cricket said:

My gloves look just like these.  And nothing was ever mentioned to me on my Centurion application.  :)

Good to know!  I figured best to double check before I glue flexible hand guards to these.  It probably does not come off as easily as ABS does 

• Like 2

Chest shoulder strap time!  Started by scoring and snapping right down the middle.

jCQKl22f5XzWzbBqLYBbEO_VTOV11N_SgiWXic__7zcwsHOIgYj6IPpTaJWgOzqT1VWIQ4pvitDLGPx-

I than removed a good amount of the edge, and got ready for its hot water bath to get the curve

K6v2eOS73euAKeiFv2VvNFHN_-vcHoi8k0FUI_lv

Placed in some boiling water

Y_GX6me7pFkFM1pyGJiu7P_Qx6huybELm6yY0-mq

Than I used a basketball to get the curve shape and allowed to cool.  I reheated as necessary to further get the shape better.  I used the tongs to remove it from the hot water....common sense troopers!

Jl0REB6pZEkTXVpgHyvBvyiwFzJeyd7-J2HghQoH

and finished product

z_vdvttNb7Y0eq2oMQqp9v40elIEEdBHsWMoNWt2

I added some mesh behind my bucket teeth.  Found this screen repair kit at Home Depot.  It has adhesive already coated on the back that you heat with a hair dryer or heat gun and it sticks.

G63Im3xJvOIIEhsJXXim-f_A-zbOc8Xy7fFUZIVS

I lined it up and traced over where I wanted it to sit

QxQEhAlLw9AxfViaG7MPQ7GZElV7_fHZVQ3jyWno

After heat gun

MbEQ4MkAZRSZGo_msXtgq_JdEWtkVDfORB8skc1_

• Like 1

Added my hand guards to my gloves.

Picked these up from Home Depot

ffMryWwGDUsP6BMxk3MAk8dGfugMcbGOf8ogrHol

I lined them up for placement

NCqzRgGfRb45CFBpb1Kej-x6XGZAr6Sjn6ITUHPo

Threw some E6000 on the back of them and gave it a couple weights to keep it in place

2fdTPlERSE5_SAuB-kIU1TUnYAmoFBMnlCEnPrLz

Cj0KRMNEe81tAs2lDqXDWDioHq4v4fX8p-fZ4RHG

Got a lot of the shoulder bell strapping assembled

First started with the elastic strapping that will help hold the bells in.

I measured about 8 inches of 1 inch black elastic

dB0SaG0kZxZD3p-gQWoz0AXISIQLew-__eG0oQY2

cmquHbj-bFmFrsA1bed8jXY8wnN_lUwD_rk7TFMc

I lined it up so that it came up to the inside edge and E6000 in place.  I made it a taught as I could without pulling the bells inward on themselves too much.

wbHLZdis_cghb4T8s6BgaZOOiBFctFyjxYMwMNBA

Continuing the shoulder bell strapping these will attach the bells to the chest 

I measured about 5 inches of 1 inch elastic strapping

-DDYj8VEt_mA_tGY-v7g79FVtv1mpOrlEXrxK6eO

and folded over over about 1 1/8 inch and sewed to give it some extra strength.

_XPnJL96_MUQvJPzo-pgQPLXCscgoPRXlXHW0mkB

I than stitched in the sewed in the male end of the sew in snaps that I purchased.

A1yL0P9oSCUN31jlSPS-P3213tIJQb15E2bGYTC6

I placed the strapping to be about 1 inch from the center of the snap to the edge of the bell

DVPW1adBEOdSR_6Y-sCET6e6hkFnQtk2UPZIG9SaEOKVBoD_JO56r2k6pYOGupjZBOJiuqfmtD6Ez_6J

Than glued in place with E6000 and magnets.

• Like 2

Kidney to Abs strapping.  

After a fitment check I measured 3 1/2 inches of black 1 inch elastic

xgOzyfozKlk1uYDgUOf84qXK1SUECBIN-wEbXyVJ

I than folded this over 3/4 of an inch and sewed

F3r3NFGtcDAru5SKv6OhGwiU8ow0J0b33Z7VDX-S3sqLPqUf5htdQy6nMDoEKYW6B39Sy7Xvv-dVflqJ

I then centered my snap rivet and hammered it together (sorry no pictures taken here)

I than glued it in place.  The placement was done by eyeball.  I wanted to give it enough to stretch to and pull the Abs and kidney together without being overly tight.  E6000 in and clamped in place and allowed to dry.

xIkEuW7E0rODTBaJ_p4u7OGFdg6YJxXOrny8oCqAqSO-FS8-tLnu2O09bL9sAB0XLNNj9mNhOvmPaa_5

Edited by StrmTRPR85
added additional picture
  • Like 1

Made some hooks for the biceps this past weekend.  These will hook onto the shoulder bell strap and prevent the biceps from sliding down

I started with some left over forearm/bicep coverstrips and cut them to 2 1/2 inches in length

C1RZZmIvVohFqorthWOIH10EqizRsPT6_VlslnCW

I than rounded one end and measured 1/2 from the rounded end to bend the ABS to create my hook.

ED0pNl0n1nmqbR6l0o4rgPiSD5JXTV-CJUtotfzv

Placed my sealing iron slightly above the mark and held in place until it was heated just enough (20-30 seconds)

7jzkg6mMZdhhw7moAYsUqAZA6VcrYYX1R6pAquzS

Than I glued in place.

FFtGTFeaJn4ExA0uxlpjaKBDGXbhX9ajDRDgYD9V

O0r771825ScvXEo4r_R7X2u9WWoTIjcEWP5EyD-v

Note the placement as these are centered on the biceps.  Height may very based on body to body

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

Is my white strapping too big for my shoulder strips?  There is some visible from the sides.

I can make the strapping smaller if necessary.

t6ZbeAqAUQNN5kfu2TJpRvABSkoVhbaqXZwjYUbl

You're fine Jeff. Once your arms are connected they'll be tugging on the strraps anyways. 

• Like 1

Began adding the closure straps to my right shin

First I closed the back of the shin and lightly marked where the cover strip reaches to ensure the cover strip will cover any holes

Hk-7v7gImKp-YTjJdDg2TNL0iS8eaZG4YMJynxsH

Than I measured approximately where to drill my holes.  I wanted them as evenly spread out as possible so I put my middle hole at 15 1/2 cm and than about 3 cm from the bottom edge and 3 cm from the top return edge.

dyLXYHdBU12fPyBhyPsYNTV3CpuRDDS_x3f2_PoM

I measured from the edge of the non covered stripped shin about 6 mm to give it enough room to grip and not rip the ABS.  I than drilled my first hole using 1/8 drill bit and tried fitting the hook in.  It ended up being a bit too hard to get the hook in and out so I moved it up to 5/32 drill bit and was easier to hook and unhook.

Playing around with placement of where to glue the straps in I hooked the straps in and pulled on it to get the placement about where I wanted it to be.  This gave me just enough pull on the elastic for once my leg was in there.  I than glued the straps in place and let dry.

1y8J11ArarJPtGo8G1NoiscqY87Wyw6yJFC43CIZ

I still have to sew in my 3 remaining hooks on the straps for the left shin otherwise both would be shown :)

Hey Jeff you installed the hooks incorrectly. They are supposed to face towards your leg. This makes it easier to disassemble the armor. How you installed them will not effect any level of approval but may make it more difficult to remove once installed.  

gallery_12157_59_3284_1.jpg 

• Like 1