Well this Sucks!!!!!

Amish Trooper

I have been waiting to post this because I'm hoping TK-4510 gets his job but I and 77 others got laid off last friday the 13th. It sucks but yeah . I'm only posting this so I can get some internet Love. These gas prices are killer. I work in the automotive industry so yay for BUSH.

Steve that sucks man. My best wishes go out to you. You will find a better job soon. Keep your head up. :)

that bites Steve, sorry to hear that, but let me vent , i work as mechanic for delta airlines and from what it sounds like there are more layoffs on the way for us , all because of fuel cost, in a way i can wait till i get layed off im so sick of the bs in the airlines, for past few years every month is a waiting game to find out if i still have a job with the fuel and outsorceing, were has americas pride gone!!! so when i feel down and out i know that all i have to do is put that white suit on and i feel better LOL

Thanks Fellas. Yeah I have a degree in electronics engineering But was a Plant supervisor for a company that makes UPS and FED EX trucks. My plant specifically made the white postal trucks but like I stated with fuel costs they all have put a hold on orders...it hurts but this does give me time to work on my armor *WINK WINK* Daetrin.

Thanks Fellas. Yeah I have a degree in electronics engineering But was a Plant supervisor for a company that makes UPS and FED EX trucks. My plant specifically made the white postal trucks but like I stated with fuel costs they all have put a hold on orders...it hurts but this does give me time to work on my armor *WINK WINK* Daetrin.

Oh geesh! I'm sorry to hear that!

Ā 

Unfortunately, the rising cost of petroleum-based products is really hurting everyone.

Ā 

Imagine this, if it ain't made here in Hawaii, it's gotta be shipped in. The major shipping firm here just announced a rate increase so everything here in Hawaii will be that much more expensive in the days to come. And not even mentioned the gas prices... :angry:

Ā 

Take care bro, don't get discouraged.

Ā 

T :salute:

Sorry to hear about that Steve. I am trying to find a job closer to home. Right now I commute 21 miles each way each day. I think were just pretty much screwed when it comes to gas. I dont see it getting any better for us....ever.

Oh sorry to hear that man :(. I havent heard anything from the interview. They said I was #1 or #2 in the line up and said they were going to call me back possibly for a second interview. Then nothing.... So I am still waiting. Thats a bummer for you man, I am sorry for you.

Ā 

Mike

Sorry to hear about your job Steve. It's amazing how fast everything is spiraling down the tube. My companies stock is worth half of what it was a month ago. Hang in there. there's got to be something better out there.

Ā 

-John

I wish you all the best in securing new employment. I remember the periods when I was unemployed, waiting for interviews and responses to interviews. It's so stresesful. Remember to take care of yourself.

Ā 

The postal service is holding off buying white postal trucks!? Wow. I suppose all their mail carriers will have to hoof it...

Ā 

Sorry to read that you were laid off. It stinks, and you have my sympathy.

Have fun dusting off and updating your resume. On your resume be sure to add a line or two about how you are a really good contributor to FISD.

I feel for you as well. I'm unemployed as well and have become a Mr Mom to my two kids. May as well enjoy the time with the kids before its too late... Luckily my wife still has a job.

Since it looks like a number of us need a little cheering up, here is a video you may enjoy.

Hang in there during these tough times...

Brian

Sorry to hear about your layoff. It really sucks getting layed off. I had it happen to me once. It really is tough emotionally and financially.

OK.....now I am getting scared. You know my Father-in-Law was laid off just two weeks ago. He had been with the company 28 YEARS AND 4 BUY OUTS!!!!

Ā 

It's a reality guys. I was laid off from Microsoft - yes that Microsoft - just a few days after my daughter was born. I was laid off - again! - two years later when my son was born. Man, I can't have any more kids! My sister got let go from her own company after 10 years.

Ā 

It's tough out there. I don't think my wife has worked for more than 9 months straight in the past few years. All my friends & family are pretty much just getting by.

Ā 

Best of luck to you all - it will be a bumpy rest of the year until after elections, I think.

As much as I loathe being in construction, I'm really glad lately that I learned a trade to fall back on. the money isn't as good as an air-conditioned job, and the works really sucks...but job security and being able to wander in and out of the trade whenever my regular job goes away is nice.

Y'all have my sympathy, truly...but it's never too late to change careers. At the ripe old age of 36, I am going to school for electrocardiography. Medical tech field=kickass job security. Usually.

Damn, that does suck :(.....

Ā 

I hope that things turn around for you. I've never met you, but through reading your posts on here, you seem like a nice person. Hopefully, you will find a better job :).

Ā 

Best of luck!

I have been waiting to post this because I'm hoping TK-4510 gets his job but I and 77 others got laid off last friday the 13th. It sucks but yeah . I'm only posting this so I can get some internet Love. These gas prices are killer. I work in the automotive industry so yay for BUSH.

Ā 

You got laid off on Friday the 13th? Man, sorry to hear that. Seems job security is a thing of the past. Where my wife works now is great, she loves here job, they think she's the best thing since sliced bread, but we still don't know how long she'll have that job. She knows her stuff better than a lot of the people who have been there much longer, but that doesn't seem to be a factor these days. It's all about numbers. Amt coming in must exceed amt going out where $ is concerned. If employee X happens to fall within the cut-off zone after the monthly accounting is done then that is the tough luck of employee X.

Ā 

Keep a stiff upper lip. Life is a roller coaster. Sure, there are downs, but there are also ups!

You got laid off on Friday the 13th? Man, sorry to hear that. Seems job security is a thing of the past. Where my wife works now is great, she loves here job, they think she's the best thing since sliced bread, but we still don't know how long she'll have that job. She knows her stuff better than a lot of the people who have been there much longer, but that doesn't seem to be a factor these days. It's all about numbers. Amt coming in must exceed amt going out where $ is concerned. If employee X happens to fall within the cut-off zone after the monthly accounting is done then that is the tough luck of employee X.

Ā 

Keep a stiff upper lip. Life is a roller coaster. Sure, there are downs, but there are also ups!

Ā 

Sounds really familiar. My wife was in the same situation last year. She unfortunately became expendable in the company's eyes.