Eastbay Compression Top/Bottom First Impressions

Hi all, I took Bobojuice's advice and grabbed a Top and Bottom Eastbay Compression suit. They have it on sale now top and bottom for $29.99 (!) Anyways, first impressions and some thoughts to other TKs that might be wondering what suit to get.

How does it feel?

• Feels REALLY great on your skin. I mean a little breeze and you feel cool. Not sure how the material does it but it really does cool your down quite a bit.
  • I'm sure it takes getting used to because I felt rather naked in it to be honest.
  • I could wear this all day - it's not itchy like some other sportswear.

Colours

• The black is VERY black - it doesn't show in this picture but it is not grey, or dark grey, it's plain black which is great. I'm sure after a few washes it will fade but for now it is a very good colour for what TK's need it for.

Location of logos

• I don't have my AP armour done yet but from what I can tell the logos are #1 easily coloured black with not a lot of effort, and #2 are in really great locations where the armour would cover them anyways.

Sizing

• I'm 5'10 and 160lbs - would consider myself athletic build. I went with Medium for both top and bottom and they fit VERY well.

Conclusion

• I am very happy I did not shell out over $100 for UA comparable wear because this is really great stuff and to pay more than double for almost the same thing? I'm not sure about that - I was very much into UA prior to this purchase. I'm converted.

DSC02522.jpg.06e43092a482c176d7c40cdc438b9e45.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the Starter brand from Wal-mart for about the same price and it is kind of itchy and everything seems to snag on it. Not sure how long it will last once I start Trooping. I will definitely consider this for my next undersuit.

Thanks for the review

This is what I recommend to all new recruits or anyone wanting a new undersuit. They hold up very well and don't fade after, last count, 24 washes. The sale comes and goes frequently but the regular price is still better than UA.

I got the exact same ones at the same price! LOL! We're all on the same page! I've only worn them to try em on and for sizing pieces so far but they seem excellent and comfortable!

I concur with all of the above - I'm 6'3" ~210 lb w/34 inseam. The XL top/bottom fits perfectly. Almost went with the full-zip dive undergarmet but decided this would be easier for nature calling(s)

I have been looking for a cost-effective 2-piece as well, because it'll be easier to get on-off for bathroom breaks.

Currently I have and use two of these cheapies: http://amzn.to/IdktoW <-- prosport or whatever dive skin suits, zip up front, thumb locks, foot loops. Run small, pick a size bigger than you think. Feels nice, long arms, keeps me cool and dry (so far). I had to wear a patagonia long-john on top at Legoland.

Meanwhile I'm looking into the eastbay set... :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I assume this under suit is 501st acceptable. Do you have to blackout the Eastbay logo?

I have a set and I haven't done anything to blackout the logos. Your armor pretty much hides them from view. They aren't anywhere as visible as the UA ones.

Good choice for an undersuit and great price. Suit still black after a number of wash, something like 20 or more.

I have a set and I haven't done anything to blackout the logos. Your armor pretty much hides them from view. They aren't anywhere as visible as the UA ones.

Good choice for an undersuit and great price. Suit still black after a number of wash, something like 20 or more.

Thanks. I kinda figured, but wanted to make sure.