Eastbay Compression Top/Bottom First Impressions

Yeah the logos are conveniently placed where you dont have to colour them out like the UA ones, and for half the price... I'm thinking of getting some more for my regular work-outs even.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious. The legs come down to just above the ankles. Do troopers wear regular socks knowing the boots will cover the ankles? Does it matter? Black? White socks? Or just comfortable?

Just received the Eastbay evapor mens compression crew and compression tights I purchased thanks to this thread. Fit and comfort are top notch and it seems to be fairly cool even in the south florida summer heat. I am a 38' waist and a 44" chest and the mens XL both seem to fit well so sizing is true.

Ā 

-ADDED BONUS- They were still on sale w/ free shipping from eastbay.com @ $29.99 for both!

Edited by Dahatty

I received my set last week. This may be a stupid question (I've never owned any)...I know these are COMPRESSION items, but how do I know if it is TOO tight, or just how the material is suppose to feel?

It should still be comfortable with no bagginess. Form fitting.

Ā 

Well, it is form fitting with no bagginess. The only reason I asked is my legs felt a little tingly after I took them off. Didn't know if that's "normal" for a first time wearer.

Tingly is probably not good. They arent clinical compression wear. Compression in their sense is probably more like form fitting. I would becareful if it is making you tingly. Maybe too small?

Thanks to this thread I just ordered a top and a bottom for a total of 29.99 with free shipping.

Ā 

Can't beat that!

Ā 

They are probably thinking WTH is with all the compression orders??

Ā 

lol

Edited by rhapsodyred99

I'll probably just order a larger pair and send back the one less comfortable. Stupid question.....are the legs suppose to stop at the ankles? Do troopers wear regular socks underneath?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the top and bottom but according to the their sizing chart I should order a Large. I am 5'5'' and weight about 140 pounds. I usually wear medium in everything though, haha. My chest size is 38 inches and waist size is 32 inches. Did anyone else have this problem trying to figure out what size to get?

They still have their sale on, you can get the normal compression top/bottom for 29.99 for the pair with free shipping. Eastbay is great because they will pay for return shipping and ship you a replacement right away if they don't fit. So it's hassle free if they don't fit.

I did similar, I got 2 sets. One top.bottom normal weight for warm/normal days and one cold weather set for cold days. Since I'm sure I will use these for more then just trooping, it's a god investment.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my set! Still 2 for $30 bargain....except then add the $40 international postage haha gah.

Ā 

Argh must be the postage to AUS. To Canada was only $20. Which combined $50 is still less than a single U/A top.

Hi all, I took Bobojuice's advice and grabbed a Top and Bottom Eastbay Compression suit. They have it on sale now top and bottom for $29.99 (!) Anyways, first impressions and some thoughts to other TKs that might be wondering what suit to get.

Ā 

How does it feel?

• Feels REALLY great on your skin. I mean a little breeze and you feel cool. Not sure how the material does it but it really does cool your down quite a bit.
  • I'm sure it takes getting used to because I felt rather naked in it to be honest.
  • I could wear this all day - it's not itchy like some other sportswear.

Colours

• The black is VERY black - it doesn't show in this picture but it is not grey, or dark grey, it's plain black which is great. I'm sure after a few washes it will fade but for now it is a very good colour for what TK's need it for.

Location of logos

• I don't have my AP armour done yet but from what I can tell the logos are #1 easily coloured black with not a lot of effort, and #2 are in really great locations where the armour would cover them anyways.

Sizing

• I'm 5'10 and 160lbs - would consider myself athletic build. I went with Medium for both top and bottom and they fit VERY well.

Conclusion

• I am very happy I did not shell out over $100 for UA comparable wear because this is really great stuff and to pay more than double for almost the same thing? I'm not sure about that - I was very much into UA prior to this purchase. I'm converted.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for the detailed review-- having more info makes it easier to make a good decision. $29.99 for both top and bottom is incredible! My UA pants are getting a bit worn and I've been thinking about replacing them in the near future. It sounds like East Bay is a great way to go.