Eastbay Compression Top/Bottom First Impressions

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a 2nd set yesterday after reading this. I bought a set back in November or December for the same price. Can't beat it! The price rocks and the sizing, durability and comfort are top notch!

I first went looking for UA, then I saw a thread about eastbay. Very happy with my choice. I was in my armor for an hour and a half on a +25 Celsius day and I felt every breeze. Felt really good. Highly recommend.

Thanks to this thread I just ordered a top and a bottom for a total of 29.99 with free shipping.

Can't beat that!

They are probably thinking WTH is with all the compression orders??

lol

lmao I thought the same thing after reading through this thread.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I've got a very newbie question, and I hope I did my research correctly before posting.

The Eastbay suit that people are talking about is:

----------

I'm really thankful for the FISD! All these threads are very helpful for people starting out like me! I just hope one day I can be the question answer-er, rather than the question ask-er all the time. :P

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 10/1/2012 at 6:24 AM, Eidrog said:

Hello!

I've got a very newbie question, and I hope I did my research correctly before posting.

The Eastbay suit that people are talking about is:

-------

I'm really thankful for the FISD! All these threads are very helpful for people starting out like me! I just hope one day I can be the question answer-er, rather than the question ask-er all the time. :P

You've got the right ones that I have ordered. I haven't trooped in them yet but after trying them on I am sure they will work as great as everyone has said. :smiley-sw013:

As far as the crew neck vs. mock neck? I am sure that it's just a personal preference. Your neck seal will (should?) have a bib on it from the research I have found so a crew neck being lower shouldn't be an issue. Maybe someone will disagree?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Crew neck is better. A mock neck will sit under your neck seal and throw that measurement off. Besides it's already hot enough around the neck you don't want another thing around it.

• 2 weeks later...

If sizing is an issue for anyone, they have a great easy return system. Truly a great find and deal as far as I'm concerned. Plus one of the few things you can figure out before your build :)

I got mine yesterday... and they are the longest garment of this kind. The torso is nice and long and my ankles are well covered.

I purchased the large top and it fits fine (I'm actually a size large tall t-shirt but you wouldn't know it by looking at me) but I could have gone XL and had come down past my waist even further. Most of the shirts I own are belly shirts.

However... I always feel like Gehardt (aka Wash!) from "28 Days" when I put on my undersuit (sorry this was the only clip of this scene I could find):

---------

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Their sizing chart is pretty spot on. It was saying I was a large and I just thought that wasn't right. I ordered the medium. I wasn't COMPLETELY happy with it, so I ordered the large. It fits more comfortably. I kept both sets though just in case I needed a back up.

How do they compare to the stormtrooperundersuit.com (a.k.a extreme racing) ones? My ER has a few holes starting to show...and the sleeves always like to pull up my arms and make it really uncomfortable.

Would one l these sets be better?

How do they compare to the stormtrooperundersuit.com (a.k.a extreme racing) ones? My ER has a few holes starting to show...and the sleeves always like to pull up my arms and make it really uncomfortable.

Would one l these sets be better?

Mine are really comfortable, but I don't know how they compare to what you're asking about. At the price they cost, it's pretty cheap to find out.

I guess that's a good point. My current undershirt is starting to get a big skanky haha

With all of the good reviews I've read here I don't have much to lose I suppose.

I guess that's a good point. My current undershirt is starting to get a big skanky haha

With all of the good reviews I've read here I don't have much to lose I suppose.

I think you will be very satisfied with it. If not, you can return it or keep it and not be out a lot of money. By the way, their sizing chart is pretty accurate.

I have a top and bottom, and they are really comfortable.

Be warned though that a camera flash will see through them:

--------

You can see my boxers there! They were not visible until the flash went off :smiley-sw013::D:laugh1:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...