Who else loves Star Trek?

Sonnenschein

Criket Criket...

*Tumbull weeds roll by...........

LOL i joking!!!!!

ST is great, but i am more of a SW guy.

HEY ! This is A Star Wars Forum NOT A Star Trek Forum !!! NO TREKKIES ALLOWED !!!!! FREEZE THAT MAN IN CARBONITE!!!!!! LOL just kidding :P I love Star trek too!!

I remember watching the Oniginal series as I was growing up in the 70's and 80's, and having the Mego figures. Then I got into the Next Generation and Deep Space 9. But I hate Voyager. For 7 years, it was the same thing over and over. They would go into an area of space where the alien life forms told them "to leave now". Janeway always tried to be a diplomat but always ended up doing something reckless at the end. I thought when 7 of 9 came aboard, there was going to be some good controversy on the show, but all it did was make me yawn! I could go on about the rest of the cast members, but they were too boring to acknowledge, except for the Doc. He was the only shining light on that whole miserable series.

I reallly got ticked off when they only made 4 seasons of Enterprise :angry: When it came to Enterprise, I couldn't understand why people didn't get into it. I guess the fan base had lost interest in Star Trek at the time. In my belief it was a very strong show, with great cast members, just the wrong time.

ALL the Trek movies were great except for Trek 5 (The Final Frontier) Shatner needed to stay away from directing! I wish they could have gotten Sean Connery to have played Spock's half brother, since the part was actually written for him. But, Connery was already pinned down for the Hunt For Red October.

When I saw they were trying to revamp the original series in a major motion picture, with all new poeple playing iconic characters, that Shatner, Nemoy and Kelly embodied, I did not think that it was going to "live long and prosper". After seeing it in the theatre, I thought it was an extremely well made picture, well cast, well written movie. I was even a little worried that even if it was a well acted movie, how were they going to surprise the true die hard trekkies? But, with a story plot twist, I think it was proven that a new version of an old thing will have a new life after all.

So, to give you my answer, Sonnenschein, am I also a trekkie?? I can only say one thing K......A .....H..... N......!!!!!!!

Not hardcore by any means, but we occasionally get our Trek on. And yes, we made our daughter a red shirt on purpose. There are days when we feel that she is "expendable". You parents out there will know what I mean. :D

trek.jpg

Not hardcore by any means, but we occasionally get our Trek on. And yes, we made our daughter a red shirt on purpose. There are days when we feel that she is "expendable". You parents out there will know what I mean. :D

trek.jpg

You are lucky because:

1) Your wife supports your hobby

2) Your wife is hot

3) Your kid looks good too

Bet your house is full of cold beer and warm pizza, and you have a super fast metabolism that allows you to eat anything. :)

To make an analogy, Star Wars is my wife that I love with all my heart, has a warm cooked meal for me when I come home from work, and is always there for me.

Star Trek is that girl across the street who got that new face lift recently and is better looking than ever, that I some times catch myself checking out through the window blinds, but will I always have eyes for Star Wars.

Stutz, you have a lovely family! GREAT photo!

Anyone watch "fanboys?" :D I LOVE that movie!

Linus: I was wondering what did Sulu find in Captain Kirk's lavatory.

Admiral Seasholtz: Sulu clearly found a standard issue Starfleet Z23 personal refuse device.

Linus: I believe it was the Captain's log.

Admiral Seasholtz: Okay. Hilarious, everyone. Looks like we got more Lucas hounds here to mock Roddenberry. Congratulations, gentleman, but I would like to see your Darth Vader take on one Borg drone. And we'll see who's laughing then. Am I right?

Windows: Darth Vader can put the entire Borg collective in a vice grip with his mind.

Admiral Seasholtz: Uh, Darth Vader has asthma, so name me one Star Trek character with a respiratory disease, 'cause I'm drawing a blank.

Linus: Name me one Star Wars character who's gay.

Hutch: Beside's you.

Admiral Seasholtz: Well, no one's gay in Star Trek, so why would I even do that?

Linus: Captain Picard.

Admiral Seasholtz: Okay. Captain Picard is not gay. He's British.

Windows: [in a swishy voice] Come on. "Make it so!"

You are lucky because:

1) Your wife supports your hobby

2) Your wife is hot

3) Your kid looks good too

Bet your house is full of cold beer and warm pizza, and you have a super fast metabolism that allows you to eat anything. :)

Wow, it's like you know me! Right on all counts. But you left out the six-figure income and the rocket car. :D

But seriously, yeah, my family is great. My wife came from a family where the men's "hobbies" involved alcohol and law enforcement, and not in a good way. She adores my geeky ways. She'd rather have me at home spending my money on costumes and props than have me out late spending money on booze and bail.

I used to watch (original) Star Trek reruns in syndication when I was a kid. I thought they were great, but after seeing ANH, Star Trek's appeal slipped. But I could never understand the Next Generation stuff.

I didn't see the Next Gen stuff as better or worse than Star Wars. It just seemed stupid all on its own.

Wow, it's like you know me! Right on all counts. But you left out the six-figure income and the rocket car. :D

But seriously, yeah, my family is great. My wife came from a family where the men's "hobbies" involved alcohol and law enforcement, and not in a good way. She adores my geeky ways. She'd rather have me at home spending my money on costumes and props than have me out late spending money on booze and bail.

this is the part were being the nerd/geek pays off in the end!!!!!!!!! were are keepers!!!!!! LOL

Very glad to hear that life is good!!!!!

Amen to that!!!

My mom got me into Star Trek cause she grew up on it and I watched a few of them and it was alright. My dad watched a few times but doenst really get into sci fi stuff. She also sat me down and watched A New Hope with me for the first time when I was 8 or 9 and thats the one that stuck. I would eat sleep and breathe star wars with all my friends back in the day. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the galaxy far far away till me and my mom went to see the star wars in concert and that was the day it all came back to me and I decided to become a stormtrooper lol. I loved the new J.J. Abrams' Star Trek. As said before it was a great movie and definately refreashing amid most of the cinema that is put out today. I will always be a Star Wars man but I can respect some Star Trek. I think they are both timeless and will still live on for many many years

Jon

hEy! Femtrooper Julie,

Please no spoilers.... I just order me a Bluray copy from Canada of Fanboys........no spoilers please..... lalalalalala ...I am not listening......lalalalalal.........I am not listening.

Don't do that again... you naughty girl you.....

Stutz, you have a lovely family! GREAT photo!

Anyone watch "fanboys?" :D I LOVE that movie!

I'm definitely a fan of Star Trek, but it's focus is more on the exploratory and scientific which doesn't hold my attention as well as when lightsabers start swinging and people start getting force choked!

Ditto. I love both franchises, but for different reasons.

I love watching Star Trek, particularly TNG. One of the best Christmas presents I got this year was the Blu-ray set of the Next Gen movies...can't wait to put it on!

I did run across one of those pages where people were debating whether the Enterprise could take on a Star Destroyer. I was surprised that most people seemed to give the Enterprise the win. I mean....it's a Star Destroyer...the peak of awesomeness...the fight would be legend (wait for it) dary!

Star Trek vs. Star Wars?

There's no debate as far as I'm concerned.

I love 'em both!

And Battlestar Galactica (both eras)

And Doctor Who (both eras)

And Stargate (all spinoffs and the original movie)

And Blake's 7 and Red Dwarf and...

:D

I always laughed at Trek as i felt it was a bad knock off star wars trying to capitalize on the fame and success SW got. However after 20 years of mocking it the last movie that came out i have to admit was AWESOME...

So a Fan?... Only from 2009 and on.

Star Wars came out in 1977. even if you back up to the date that George Lucas started writing it back in 1973-74, Star Trek had been on TV since 1966. The cartoon series was on TV in the mid 70's. In the mid to late 70's, the original cast was slated to return for a new TV series called Star Trek The Next Phase. The only thing that Star Wars really did for Star Trek was, when Star Wars, A New Hope was such a blockbuster film in 1977, Paramount scratched the idea of making Star Trek a TV series and changed it into a major motion picture. So to say that Star Trek is a cheap copy of Star Wars. Look at the production dates of both of them and ask yourself, which came first the chicken or the egg?

Don't get me wrong, I can sit here and talk about Star Wars until the sun burned out, but Star Wars does have it flaws too.

I am going to name a few:

George Lucas only putting out the original theatrical versions of the Original Trilogy on DVD, in non-anamorphic letter box only. :duimomlaag: (This makes it difficult to watch it properly on a wide screen TV)

Ewoks :duimomlaag:

Jar Jar :duimomlaag:

Hayden Christensen :duimomlaag:

Jake Lloyd :duimomlaag:

midichlorians :duimomlaag:

and definiitly not enough stormtroopers and clonetroopers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ewoks :duimomlaag:

Jar Jar :duimomlaag:

Hayden Christensen :duimomlaag:

Jake Lloyd :duimomlaag:

midichlorians :duimomlaag:

and definiitly not enough stormtroopers and clonetroopers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL OK im on board here for sure. I guess i show my age in thinking what i do. I guess i shouldnt base on this

i loled at this, but its how ive always seen Star Trek

Alex

LOL OK im on board here for sure. I guess i show my age in thinking what i do. I guess i shouldnt base on this
i loled at this, but its how ive always seen Star Trek

Alex

I never said that classic Trek didn't have it's problems. The major thing you might say about the classic Trek back then, was that the special effects cost so much to make, that it ate up a major portion of their budget. I can remember seeing anniversary shows where their production team recounted how they would have to go to some of the others TV show sets and steal props so they could make a scene. So I would say the fight scenes were the least of their worries. What you have to look at are the story lines and the camaraderie that Kirk, Spock and Bones had.

Battlestar Galactia back in 1978 had the same problem with it costing them one million dollars alone just for the special effects, per episode. This caused the series to be cancelled because the network did not think it was worth it.

George Lucas just happened to get lucky with some of the members he had on his team for Star Wars. They were able to pull it off by the skin of their teeth. If you go back and look at The Empire of Dreams, everbody on the team was surprised at what they had accomplished.

I never said that classic Trek didn't have it's problems. The major thing you might say about the classic Trek back then, was that the special effects cost so much to make, that it ate up a major portion of their budget. I can remember seeing anniversary shows where their production team recounted how they would have to go to some of the others TV show sets and steal props so they could make a scene. So I would say the fight scenes were the least of their worries. What you have to look at are the story lines and the camaraderie that Kirk, Spock and Bones had.

Battlestar Galactia back in 1978 had the same problem with it costing them one million dollars alone just for the special effects, per episode. This caused the series to be cancelled because the network did not think it was worth it.

George Lucas just happened to get lucky with some of the members he had on his team for Star Wars. They were able to pull it off by the skin of their teeth. If you go back and look at The Empire of Dreams, everbody on the team was surprised at what they had accomplished.

I grew up watching the classic Trek...even was amazed at the first Star Trek movie in the theatre when they did the complete flyby of the Enterprise. However, I wasn't a fan of all the movies, and only watched a coupld of the "Next Generation" episodes. Went to see the latest Trek movie only because I thad Eric Bana as Nero in it, and was blown away. Besides, did everyone here know that R2-D2 has a cameo in it? If you cant find it, I'll tell you where it is...I'll give you a hint. When the Enterprise exits warp at Vulcan start looking at the move frame by frame...R2 is only there for a second,. but he's there.

Other than that, Star Wars has ruled my life since the first time I saw the Tantive IV being chased across the screen by an Imperial Star Destroyer. I still am a fan of the original trilogy, the prequels...well, don't get me started on how idiotic they are, and don't even start about how unmilitary the clone troopers are. Not blaming the troopers, just the people that populated them on the computer. Other than that Star Wars still takes the prize. Bring on the Empire!