Who else loves Star Trek?

Sonnenschein

Thanks Tig, You now got me going frame by frame through Trek 11 not only looking for R2's cameo!!!!! but to see if there is any other Sci-Fi cameos, may be a Cylon??? :rolleyes:

did everyone here know that R2-D2 has a cameo in it? If you cant find it, I'll tell you where it is...I'll give you a hint. When the Enterprise exits warp at Vulcan start looking at the move frame by frame...R2 is only there for a second,. but he's there.

Thanks Tig, You now got me going frame by frame through Trek 11 not only looking for R2's cameo!!!!! but to see if there is any other Sci-Fi cameos, may be a Cylon??? :rolleyes:

You dont need to :)

r2-d2-in-star-trek.jpg

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone with the love for two (or more) franchises!

Trek and Wars. Can't compare them, both are to be loved.

Did you ever want tp know what happen when Kirk meets GL? Click here:

Live Long and Prosper! .. and My the Force Be With You - Always!

I dunno, I've never been one of those people that felt I had to choose between one or the other. As I was born in the 60's I had obviously seen Trek first--it's actually what got me into science fiction. Although Star Wars will always be my passion, I can watch Trek just as easily. I could watch Next Generation 24-7 just about. I've never felt that the two clashed with each other. They are apples and oranges.

To tell the truth, I think anyone who bashes something just because it is not their favorite thing is pretty sad...No offense intended to anyone.

I was born in the late 60’s and my Dad LOVED Star Trek, so that was my first exposure to it. Good memories of watching it with him.

Fast forward to the middle 90’s and I was a staff writer for an American Saddlebred (horse) magazine. William Shatner owns a Saddlebred farm in Versailles, KY and I would often see him at the larger shows. At first, my impression was that the guy was kind of a jerk; polite, but like most big money horse owners, better than YOU. That is, until he found out that I wrote for the magazine. I was then always on the guest list to parties at Belle Reve (his farm) and kind of got to know the guy. Now I can’t watch the older episodes without picturing Bill Shatner doing an impersonation of himself! Funniest thing ever! So yeah, I like Star Trek, but I laugh at the strangest things when watching it. And those Trekkies are nuts!

Cool it's the Star Blazers Battleship Yamato !!!!!!!! EXCELLENT!!!! I grew up watching that and Battle of the Planets/G-Force: ( in Japan known as Kagaku ninja tai Gatchaman) These are the granddaddys of anime :duim:

IT's funny to watch these two now with the un-cut elements of graphic violence, profanity and transgenderism back in, and remember the kid friendly versions that they put out in the mid to late 70s on American TV........ ahhh good times......

Star Wars is #1, but the only ship that might be able to take a star destroyer is this one:

yamato.jpg

My all tine "other star" show fav!

Julie

nerd-venn-diagram-9420-1252236207-2.jpg

Okay, I'm borderline between Geek and Nerd...have at least some Social Skills, not many but some. Other than that, I'm proud to be a Star Wars, and (somewhat) Star Trek Geek! You meet the best people, although I am not sure about how rabid the Star Trek fans can be....haven't been to a Star Wars Celebration yet so I'm reserving judgement. Perhaps I'll make sure I'm wearing armor..................white armor. :smiley-sw013:

Star Trek Cribs - The Director's Cut - G4tv.com

That Vid was the SHIZZLE!!!! Thanks for posting it man!

That is a hilarious chart though! I am not sure where I fit!

There you go Femtrooper Julie :P

111-1.jpg