TK Undersuits -Now

Undersuit Poll  

141 members have voted

1. 1. What type of undersuit do you wear?

• Under Armor (actual)
    • Lycra bodysuit
    • Renaissance suit
    • Dive skin
    • Under Armor (off brand)
    • Extreme Racing (single suit)
    • Other (single piece)
    • Other (top / bottom)

I use this: http://www.extremeracing.co.uk/stormtroope...er/prod_10.html

One piece, two way zip, thermal fabric, very very comfortable, no logos, cheap.

Highly suggested!!! ;)

I have just ordered two of these, how was the sizing?

Did it fit as expected?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was perfect - I ordered a medium and it was fine for me. It is a stretch cotton lycra material so it has a reasonable amount of give in it. I thinkk you'll be happy with it. Anyone else that orders might want to mention the UKG and the 501st- it may get you alittle discount ;)

The extremeracing Stormtrooper undersuite arrived last night . (Oreded 30th December in the UK, arrived at my door in Australia 5th January, I am pleased with the service!)

You were right Garry, the sizing was spot on! It fits very well.

It gets my vote!

I had a tuff time finding anything just plain black. Took me a couple days shopping around. I would find something close but it would have a white pipe stripe down the arm or a logo in a bad spot. Or it just wasnt black enough. I finally settled for underarmor 2 piece. It was costly but available pretty much everywhere.

I'm slowly gathering all my pieces for my TK, and purchased the Champion two piece suit at Target (okay I bought it instead of Under Armor because of my employee discount and at the time a "Thank you" extra discount) and sewed on elastic for stirrups at the ankles and small thumb loops.

I purchased a renaissance suit zipper in crotch/with thumb loops in sleeve. Although I have not completed a troop yet, I hope to give a report on how it works in a not too distant time away.

I also installed a thermostat dial on my armor for the -40 weather I get in the winter of interior Alaska. Hope it works... :D

• 2 weeks later...

So this might be an appropriate thread for this. I found these under armor off brand items and was wondering if anyone knows whether they appear to be 501st acceptable.

----------

I have not personally gone to walmart to check them out but if anyone has any information they look like an inexpensive alternative.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Tech151 said:
So this might be an appropriate thread for this. I found these under armor off brand items and was wondering if anyone knows whether they appear to be 501st acceptable.

---------

I have not personally gone to walmart to check them out but if anyone has any information they look like an inexpensive alternative.

This is what I have... nothing wrong at all with them, however I would like to find a one-piece to have in comparison... Sometimes it rides up a little on the back of the shirt... so I'm curious if a one-piece would wear a little better.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I use the ones that Wally sells. I believe they are made by Rockey. (2 piece) They work good but the one thing I have notice is that with my TX suit the black isn't black enough. They haven't faded they just aren't as black as maybe could be. Now put them under some TK armor and they look fine. I know there isn't many TX running around here but, has anyone found a really black, black under suit?

Have you tried doubling up the undersuit, either with an additional Rockey or UA shirt. I have the ones that walmart sells by Starter and i noticed they seem thinner than my UA stuff (it's not pure black but mostly).

On another note:

I bought the UA knock off brand, Starter shirt. The problem is, I noticed it bunches a bit in the underarm reason. Probably because I'm tall and skinny so I have a hard time fitting my arms and my chest... but i was wondering if anyone else's UA type stuff bunches at all and is that expected or should i shop around for something that doesnt bunch at all? I'll try to get pics up to better explain what im dealing with sometime this week.

I have just ordered two of these, how was the sizing?

Did it fit as expected?

I got one too.

To me the legs are very tight and too short, and the arms too much room in and too long.

But nice cloth ;)

I got the underarmor link here:

http://www.underarmour.com/

But can you please give me a direct link, where to buy the under armor under suit items.

Cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone. For starters I opted for the Under Armour Compression/Heat Gear seeing how its looking like my trooping debut will take place this spring or summer.

Edited by William Marcus

I rock a full suit... Gloves and all. I have one with and with out eyes.

Freaks people out when you take your lid off. Like a huge action figure.

I bought my suits from "spandexman.com". However... kinda a freaky site.. dont go diggin to deep. :blink: Keep telling your self its for the stormtrooper... stormtrooper.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I bought my suits from "spandexman.com". However... kinda a freaky site.. dont go diggin to deep.

Nathan, how did you happen to "find" that site?!?! I need bleach for my eyes!!! :wacko::blink:

edit: however, the Green Lantern unitard (in 5x) is on sale for $62.00. Get yours now before the price doubles!

Edited by vicsouders

On 2/27/2010 at 10:15 AM, Runnriottt said:

I rock a full suit... Gloves and all. I have one with and with out eyes.

Freaks people out when you take your lid off. Like a huge action figure.

I bought my suits from "spandexman.com". However... kinda a freaky site.. dont go diggin to deep. :blink: Keep telling your self its for the stormtrooper... stormtrooper.

--------

If you cover your face how do you get the booze in?!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 5 months later...

I was just at Sports Authority and was looking at the UA Compression/Heat Gear top and bottom and it doesn't look like a dark black; kind of a faded black, is that what people have?

BTW are they long enough for tall people like me at 6'3"?

Edited by JimCem99

I was just at Sports Authority and was looking at the UA Compression/Heat Gear top and bottom and it doesn't look like a dark black; kind of a faded black, is that what people have?

BTW are they long enough for tall people like me at 6'3"?

I'll be interested to know the answer to this, too, as I'll be headed to a local Sports Authority soon to purchase the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Not real sure about this faded black without personally looking at it but it doesn't sound right. Might want to hold off, try another source. Just make sure when ordering it states black. I ordered mine direct from UA and its right on.

BTW, I'm at 6'3" at about 250 and XL UA Comp. Heat Gear fits me just fine bro.

Edited by TK-6162

• 1 month later...