TK Undersuits -Now

Undersuit Poll  

141 members have voted

1. 1. What type of undersuit do you wear?

• Under Armor (actual)
    • Lycra bodysuit
    • Renaissance suit
    • Dive skin
    • Under Armor (off brand)
    • Extreme Racing (single suit)
    • Other (single piece)
    • Other (top / bottom)

Granted, I have read some of the post here in reference to undersuits, although some of these post are not so current and we all now how some things can change rapidly.

So, the big question is: What you are currently using and prefer as an undersuit today? One piece, two piece, Under Armour, Lycra, The Renaissance suit, ect?

Edited by Daetrin
Added Poll

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've (so far) have not had to relieve myself while trooping. Make sure to use the restroom before suiting up.

At first I was using a one piece lycra bodysuit with a single zipper up the back. After worrying about the chances of ever having to use the restroom I picked up some black base layers at Target. Good price for top and bottoms. They cost less than the pair of under armour leggings I picked up ($54)!

Having a two piece undersuit will make it easier to use the restroom PLUS if you do a modded cut cod piece.

I use the Renaissance suit with zipper crotch. Any heavy duty restroom visit would be a problem as it requires to get out of the arms. I troop in very hot weather and the suit is 90% cotton, so its breathable. They make them to size so they fit well and I don't worry about any "bunching up" of material.

Has anyone tried the UA HeatGear?

I wear a dive skin, its a one piece suit and I have my tailor put in a release valve (zipper in the crotch area) for visiting the restroom. I actually need to have one put on my new dive skin, its going to have to wait till after payday though.

I use the Renaissance suit with zipper crotch. Any heavy duty restroom visit would be a problem as it requires to get out of the arms. I troop in very hot weather and the suit is 90% cotton, so its breathable. They make them to size so they fit well and I don't worry about any "bunching up" of material.

I use the UA HeatGear in the summer/hot months. It's pretty good, but of course still hot. You still have to contort to use the restroom, and, as has been said, anything heavy-duty you need to do means you take off all the gear.

I use this: http://www.extremeracing.co.uk/stormtroope...er/prod_10.html

One piece, two way zip, thermal fabric, very very comfortable, no logos, cheap.

Highly suggested!!! ;)

I have the same, it is really nice indeed. However it can be out of stock when you order so you may have to wait until they have a new shipment (I had to wait one month before receiving mine).

I know its early in the game. Although, it appears so far that the Under Armour is the choice for members stateside. While across the pond they are preferring single suits. Is Under Armour available in Europe?? I would imagine it is, although I really don't know? nixweiss.gif

I use the UA HeatGear in the summer/hot months. It's pretty good, but of course still hot.

Ditto!

I use this: http://www.extremeracing.co.uk/stormtroope...er/prod_10.html

One piece, two way zip, thermal fabric, very very comfortable, no logos, cheap.

Highly suggested!!! ;)

This suit looks pretty good and inexpensive relative to others. Any experience in extreme heat? It says it works in both hot and cold- that is my only doubt, best of both worlds?

This suit looks pretty good and inexpensive relative to others. Any experience in extreme heat? It says it works in both hot and cold- that is my only doubt, best of both worlds?

I trooped in the hottest summer's sunday at 1pm directly under the sun (ugh), works very well with perspiration.

Trooped also in a cold autumn day with only a thermal longsleeve under it, worked well.

I only added thumbs and feet stirrups. :)

Most interesting on the "Stormtrooper" from Extreme Racing. It appears to be an excellent suit. I especially like their technology of being able to offer both heat & cold protection in one suit...... sweet!

Having a two way zipper and then the option to add thumbs & feet stirrups is an excellent idea too.

I bought under armor knockoffs at Target, made by Champion. Both top and bottoms were close to $15 each. I also bought a "mock" turtleneck styled one that I sewed mini black buttons so I could snap my neakseal to it. That took a long time, but it works. I also sewed elastic straps at the end of the arms for modified thumb holes. Helps keep the arms from riding up.

I use whatever Wally Mart carried last year. $10 for the long-sleeve shirt and $10 for the leggings. They now carry Starter brand that's about the same price and quality. Probably the cheapest way to go.

I use the Extreme racing suit- I have three of them and they are excellent! I think the ease of availability in the UK makes them the number one choice for UKG members and in fact they give us a discount- we are the reason they now supply the suits without chest logos!

I also use the Extreme racing suit .i have two, one a one piece with logo got it before they did the stormtrooper version,and a two piece.Both are fantastic.Non shine lycra cotton mix ideal for both hot and cold troops,a troopers must have item.

I use the ones that Wally sells. I believe they are made by Rockey. (2 piece) They work good but the one thing I have notice is that with my TX suit the black isn't black enough. They haven't faded they just aren't as black as maybe could be. Now put them under some TK armor and they look fine. I know there isn't many TX running around here but, has anyone found a really black, black under suit?