Sorry to leave...

rapstertee

Unfortunately, it looks as though my short-lived trooping hobby is coming to an end.

I've been into SW since my childhood - saw ANH in the summer of '77 and its made a lasting impression on me. Films, TV and design that I do all stem from that movie.

I had a book launch in 2008, I thought of inviting the UKG down to make the event special, so I met up with Julian , Leigh and Andrina, and told them of my intention to become a TK. I finally got myself an AP kit that year, and thru this great site the FISD, I met a TK called Lizzeh who helped encourage me during the building of it. the few troops I've done (about 8 in total) have been great fun and I've made some friends like Leigh, Andrina, Chris C, Pinky and a couple more, all splendid people. My TK numder 2135 was chosen as it is my late mother's date of birth, and I hoped to have done some good in her memory. Wearing a movie accurate TK suit is a great experience and I've had some fond memories.

Now the sad bit. Unfortunately, due to my lifestyle and circle of friends, it's become apparent that I'm no longer enjoying trooping as a TK. Mainly because my self-employed status makes it very difficult to afford the trips and none of my (non-ukg) friends are interested in being a TK, or joining up. Like I said, Pinky and co are totally awesome people, but I'm talkingabout closer, day-to day mates. So I'm in a bit of a vacuum. The lack of disposable income is not helping at all - If I could, I'd just keep my armour in storage and troop when I could afford to, but unfortunately, I'm having to sell it at a big loss (when you price it up plus labour) just to keep the rent and bills paid. This really hurts, as I love my TK number and the people I've met. There just isn't any money coming in.

In the future I hope to have a less cumbersome costume, like an Reel Icons character or SW alien or possibly even a Biker, and then I can troop for fun when the funds allow, but for now I need to prioritise housing, bills and food, and as a few other TKs here know, something has to go. It's like cutting off an arm, but what can you do?

Hopefully I'll return when things improve. As for now, my AP kit (minus lid and blaster) are in the For Sale thread, and will be sold on July 9th, after my final troop.

I'd just like to thank Daetrin, Smitty, Lou, Stomper, Lizzeh and countless others for helping me become a trooper, and I hope it won't be too long before I return, whether as a TK or something else.

Sad to see your TK kit going so soon after all you put into it :( its a great kit and if I could afford it I'd be after it! At least you've got some troops under your belt - my armour has been in a perpetual state of almost-finished all year thanks to Uni and I've just not had the time or the tools or the money.

I do hope things pick up for you - I'm sure you'll get another costume sorted and be back into it in no time :)

Sad to see you selling you rig Terry but real life is more important than hobbies. Keep in contact with us here at FISD you are always welcome here mate!

aww man - soz to see u go too man.

I sincerely hope its only temporary and hope to catch up with you soon again mate

I have yet to make it to any troops, being more into the prop side of things. hope to still see u posting on forums though!!

take care and all the best in tthe future

I'm very sorry for you, Terry, but I understand your motives.

Don't worry, a lot of people goes through phases in their lives. I used to play in bands and left it, thinking it was forever, until I realized that it was a part of who I am and I need that, and now I'm planning my next band. :)

This white dream of ours is expensive and time consuming, like a lot of other hobbies, but you never know. I'm sure you'll bounce back, be in a better financial position and get back your armor, if that's what you wish.

But you'll always have your memories with friends here, and if you decide to come back in the future, I'm shure everybody who knows you will be glad to have you back.

My best wishes for you.

:salute:

Anthony, Heatshock, Damian and Ryan, thanks for the good wishes. I would never totally divorce myself from my love of Star Wars, and should I be in a better position, I'll come back with hopefully a spectacular return. Cheers y'all.

Understand the situation brother! Parting with armor has to be hard. I havent had to experience that and hopefully never will. Best of luck to you and hope to see you back in armor one day soon.

Your number is yours for life bro. The door is always open.

Rock on and best of luck with your endeavors. Hang in, life isn't always beautiful, but its a beautiful ride.

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Terry is there no other way? Your armour is great and you suit it well. I had the pleasure of trooping with you and had a great time. If I can be of any help call me.

Always enjoy reading your posts. Having been self employed at one time, I can totally relate.

Take care of yourself and stop by from time to time and let us know how you are doing. With or without armor, you are one of us.

Remember that you just need to do one troop a year to stay active. Perhaps you can content yourself with that for a bit and not depart completely.

Imperial Officer suit. Black.

It's cheap, and you'll still be a stormtrooper (though not in armor) :)

250px-CommanderPraji.jpg

I agree 100% with both Paul and Dmian. Remeber Terry u will always be 2135 and a Deployed TK, regardless of haveing or not your pearly whites. Some said "Its not the armor but what in side the armor"

I understand it can be frustrating not to have any close mate to troop with, ( i am all alone down here <_< ) and money is very tight here to. but Cheer up man. u will always have the Legion and the brothers/sister that make the Legion.

Brotherly wishes & Regards from Bolivia! :salute:

Cheers everyone, Its heartening to know there's a good bunch of guys (and gal) here if and when I can come back to the fold. Very little support over at the ukg though - the forums are so huge that theres no real sense of family like there is here. Anyway, I'll keep popping in anyway and keep everyone updated regardless. Cheers!

I barely knew ya! Good luck, and I hope things turn around quickly for you. I echo the sentiments that "once a TK, always a TK. Hopefully we'll see your return soon.

On a side note, I'm travelling to London in September and was hoping to meet up with some of the UKG while I'm there. If you're local and available, I wouldn't mind having you along too!

On a side note, I'm travelling to London in September and was hoping to meet up with some of the UKG while I'm there. If you're local and available, I wouldn't mind having you along too!

I may be around - London is a 3 hr journey for me, bu tI have friends there in my hometown, so keep me posted, ok? And thanks for the kind words mate. You too, Synaptyx.

Really sorry to see you go Terry. It was a pleasure to troop with you and I hope that we'll be able to do so again at some point in the future. The door is always open. As ever, feel free to give me a ring any time you feel like a chat.

Chris C

As i have only got my Tk numbers this week,though ive been around this forum for 2years or so.I never got the chance to troop with you mate.Im a little sad about that as i feel you and a few others that hang out here i would like to meet on a troop.