TK12331 requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AM) (1070)

1. Michael Trunko

2. TK12331

3. michael.trunko (forum name) 
https://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=37262&costumeID=124

4. Ohio Garrison 

Armor/Helmet Maker: Dave’s Darkside Depot 

Blaster: RubberBlastersEtc

Neckseal: DarmansProps

Handguards, Canvas Belt, Holster, Electronics: Dave’s Darkside Depot Kit

EIB Photo link: https://imgur.com/a/vsYviZ3

MpjD75o.jpg

HqqqIcs.jpg

py9Lt7H.jpg

IMG_6371.jpeg

rDECkVd.jpg

EyIxoPF.jpg

YzY14cg.jpg

vAmForz.jpg

8914zvg.jpg

GtXcDQO.jpg

yNEgl8l.jpg

hb9PEJ2.jpg

KIHuU0v.jpg

9wgiHlK.jpg

ZvxzufK.jpg

nOrhXTi.jpg

7YxYa2r.jpg

2D8Jx9q.jpg

7dUUv7B.jpg

p9RqvcV.jpg

6M6ARae.jpg

IiuXKGr.jpg

e5dBisG.jpg

poatwFU.jpg

BBDxScg.jpg

g7dh9hp.jpg

55eAXPq.jpg

RGlI1ir.jpg

QBq60eN.jpg

zqmN6ez.jpg

x8avljk.jpg

1JxMvxm.jpg

JWbhO6t.jpg

iG4gNms.jpg

3NyPwGY.jpg

TIThnqb.jpg

DKzKK0k.jpg

qho6QeF.jpg

itY8tNn.jpg

RTpacVZ.jpg

1mtsQeD.jpg

BjXSWGh.jpg

yE1rsDG.jpg

hkYb7wa.jpg

QWf98h9.jpg

y2yyZox.jpg

5Z0PTVb.jpg

IuJDCMC.jpg

LxSa2zo.jpg

hbKxru5.jpg

LwmH8Gm.jpg

JglxWZV.jpeg

Nice work trooper

Your images are of a very small size/resolution 640 x 480

PHOTO GUIDELINES

Photo size At least 800 X 600 (preferably 1280 X 960)

Good lighting

A neutral (solid) background color is suggested, more info in this thread

A couple of pics the DO's like to see 

Close-up of ab/kidney rivets

Left sniper knee plate close up

Right sniper knee plate close up

Front sniper knee plate close up

Left thigh ammo pack rivet close up inside and out

Right thigh ammo pack rivet close up inside and out

• Like 1

Hi Michael. Thanks for your EIB request.:salute:

One of us will be with you soon. In the meantime, as Glen says, you could replace the photos with higher resolution ones, as the ones you have posted do not allow us to see all the details of your armor.(They are too pixelated when zoomed in).

In addition to the photos Glen has told you about, I would need a more frontal photo of the teeth area.

Example:

ezcVZLH.jpg

And as a last favor, there is something we need you to correct as well, as it is a requirement for level 1.

L1.- The white control panel raised ribbed pad faces the rear, with the controls/round washer style detail closest to the right end cap.

I think it will be enough to "unroll" the detonator a little bit from its clips (besides, the detonator will be a little bit lower at the canvas belt height, which is its ideal position).:jc_doublethumbup:

Reference Images

H1MqPkS.jpg                NmHDNh8.png   MCkPq9g.png 

Thanks!!!:salute:

Good evening,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I had an issue trying to load the pictures. I was being limited to the size & amount of data. In addition, I kept getting a red deny box when trying to use the url option to load pictures. I have all the pictures on Imgur - https://imgur.com/a/vsYviZ3

I’ve included the requested pics within the Imgur link.

Any tips or tricks on how to upload the pics directly on the forum post would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time & patience,

Mike

hace 2 horas, michael.trunko dijo:

Good evening,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I had an issue trying to load the pictures. I was being limited to the size & amount of data. In addition, I kept getting a red deny box when trying to use the url option to load pictures. I have all the pictures on Imgur - https://imgur.com/a/vsYviZ3

I’ve included the requested pics within the Imgur link.

Any tips or tricks on how to upload the pics directly on the forum post would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time & patience,

Mike

:salute:

Can be as simple as right click on the image in Imgur, select copy then paste into your thread, or use the "Direct Link" option ;) 

MpjD75o.jpeg

Hello again, Michael.
As we were starting with your review, we noticed that your gloves do not meet the requirements for level 1.
The CRL for level 1 states: 

-L1: Black in color, made of either rubber, nomex, leather, or leather-like material, with no visible straps or logos/designs. The fingers are enclosed.

Z214hCB.jpg                FBWQaZ8.png

You may be able to remove it with acetone (I did that with both of mine). However, sometimes acetone can damage the glove. I recommend that you test on a less visible area of the glove first.

Let us know when you have it fixed and we can "move along"  with your request.

Thanks!

Good evening,

Gloves have been taken care of concerning the logo/design. Magic eraser did the trick!  I’ll replace the pics in the original post with my new pics.
I did use my nomex gloves for my level 1 approval. 
Onz423f.jpg

KVsk34k.jpg

New EIB gloves:

DKzKK0k.jpg
qho6QeF.jpg

• Like 2

• gmrhodes13 changed the title to TK12331 requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AM)

Quick tip:  Some "Goof-Off" stain remover and a few paper towels will get rid of the writing on the rubber gloves.  Takes about 4 minutes to do both.  ;)

One thing that jumped out was the connection in your forearm piece.  One has an interior cover strip but the other one could use one as well, as there seems to be quite a gap.  (Just a little added insurance so that it doesn't pop apart at some point).

OPSg1gr.jpg

• Chemi changed the title to TK12331 requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AM)
13 minutes ago, Chemi said:

Hello Michael. We noticed that you haven't posted an action photo. 
So you need to put your armor back on, grab your blaster and show us your best side.:salute:

He must have edited it out by accident, as I download a copy for the EI honor gallery, oh just noticed it's in his Imgur link at the top ;) 

JglxWZV.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Michael, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor, and please keep in mind that  we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Well, first of all, thank you for the work you've done to improve your armor.:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

As usual, let's start with the helmet.;)

-L3.:Ideally, placement of ears (and screws) should closely follow the rear angle of the trap above them.

This is a very common issue that we always add as a suggestion, as it will only be a "L3 requirement" when the helmet looks "weird" or "ugly".In your case, both ears are very close to their ideal position.:duim:

Reference images

3IAmGb8.png   N47AWha.jpg               qdZeHpP.jpg   v83UxcF.png

-If you want, to be more screen accurate, you can trim the brow a little bit. Take care not to cut too much.;)

Reference images 

9c3zauC.png   LL0uUwS.png                   P3XfbwR.png   8xlWFlJ.jpg

-Maybe it's the position of your head for the pic, but we can see too much of the inside of your helmet. If not, you may be able to remove some padding so that the helmet covers part of that gap.:)

Reference image

KXn7SgF.png                    EJ8r9LS.png

-Your right forearm is slightly higher than your left forearm. A little adjustment in the straps and it's done.:jc_doublethumbup:

Reference images

WzSsKAd.png                cn45Imf.png   MPuGA0H.png  

-The same applies to your thighs. I recommend you to raise your right thigh and you will avoid the problem with the drop boxes that we include in the next point.

Reference images

cFvoYtW.png                       waWqo8Z.png      dA0qo3c.jpg

-One of the drop boxes overlaps one of your thighs. As we have mentioned, raise your thigh a little, and you will avoid the overlap.:jc_doublethumbup:

Reference images

Ot3OvV0.png                          UDSyiIo.jpg   ysP3Qmm.png

The kidney armor protrudes. Adjusting the straps should do the trick. :duim:

Reference images

myZ6WWO.png                          1xONs4k.png   n938OSK.png

- For accuracy, you can trim  the small ab buttons panel. ^_^

Reference images

pZDUBrw.png                  svP1seK.png   58Lr8vW.jpg

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Centurion Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for our highest tier of approval.  Because Centurion photos must show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Level 3 might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we are able to clearly see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

We start with the helmet as well.

-It appears that the tube stripes on the right side, are too far away from the cheek in the area next to the ear. The CRL states that Ideally, the tube stripes are positioned approximately a pencil width from the side of the cheek. In this case, we believe that it is necessary to move the tube stripes, as it is too evident (unless it is an optical effect of the photo:blink:)...

Right side                                                     Left side                                                                                                               Reference image

BFoeMhe.jpg   KHCAsum.png                T72j0KT.jpg

L3.: There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

We think you can trim the shoulder strap a bit, so your armor will look great...:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Reference images

5MXGv4f.png              hGFPjtZ.png   n938OSK.png

-It is very, very little, but you can move the belt, so that its position is 100x100 screen accurate.

L3.: The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

Reference images

2cvfI53.png           Q2X9NlL.jpg   0MSNEso.png

L3.:Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

You can prevent them from moving with a drop of glue on the inside of the nylon strap (between the nylon strap and the canvas belt), or by moving a little the screw you have to hold them in place.

Reference images 

jaIrzWg.png   cm7Yj11.png                      ysP3Qmm.png   cvtXId2.jpg   

-And last but not least :D, there is some gap between the kidney armor and the abdomen. In some photos it appears to be OK, but in others it does not.  You can probably fix it easily by tightening the belt a little. :peace:

Reference images

XoklOoV.png                    4Le4CZc.png   U6bpo5U.png   9uJkFTh.png

-Your posterior armor is not aligned with the kidney armor. We recommend that you use the famous V tabs to align them perfectly (with a heat gun or something similar you bend ABS plastic strips into a V shape. You only glue one side and the other side is free to allow movement).:salute:

O2vSzRf.jpg      atGzym4.jpg   1wTpfgq.jpg

-The detonator caps are too wide. The gap between the white panel and the caps should be wider. We believe that if you trim the caps(and move the clips), you will solve both problems.

Reference images

hhHhC6Z.jpg            a2SpIZk.png   PNEgG5u.png

EoDmiDv.jpg

Nothing more to add, , Michael. Congratulations on your new badge!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Don't forget to request your EIB Certificate HERE

• Chemi changed the title to TK12331 requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AM) (1070)

Congratulations trooper and welcome to the Espert Infantry ranks and the Expert Infantry Honor Gallery Looking forward to seeing you at Centurion ;) :duim::salute:

KeaL1LK.png

Also I just noticed your forearms appear to have velcro on them, these are normally glued shut. DO's may comment on this in your Centurion application (if you apply, which you should ;) )

7dUUv7B.thumb.jpg.dfce8b03741ff89334a485af5dea95fe.jpg

gallery_12157_59_23801.jpg

Very honored and excited to be a part of the EIB! I appreciate all the help and suggestions to make my approval possible. In addition, I'm thankful for all suggestions to address in preparation for the L3 process. 

With gratitude,

Mike

• Like 3