NEW CRL for the FISD is now complete!

justjoseph63

Greetings to all Troopers (and future troopers)!

On behalf of the staff, I would like to be the first to announce that we have now completed the next CRL to be added to our roster of approved FISD costumes (making a total of twenty)!   :jc_doublethumbup:  As a bonus, a new weapon (the Ascension pistol) has been approved for this ensemble.

A link will be added to the existing 501st FISD CRL site on 4/3/23 at 09:00 GMT.

As with all costumes, please note that requirements are subject to minor updates.  Those aiming for Basic 501st approval are urged to review this CRL for any such changes before submitting to their GML.

Requirements for Expert Infantry (listed in blue) and Centurion (listed in red) have been included for those wishing to attain higher levels of approval, and may be submitted to the the D.O. department only after Basic approval is granted.

Any questions for the staff or comments can be made on this thread.

An announcement (as seen below) will be made on all of our social media platforms:

BV1Eumo.png

SO, without further ado, we present the newest addition to our approved costumes:  

oDV8bOC.png

yvVWw5h.png

CWqkeLf.png

9ff5O2v.png

dnifZ54.png

• Like 12

If I may, I've just submitted what I believe will be the first EI application for this new Beach Trooper. It's very exiting to have the opportunity to earn an extra ribbon star! Thanks to the team who brought this to a reality!

• Like 2

I would like to thank all those who participated in the approval of this CRL.:jc_doublethumbup:

It has been hard work, analyzing hundreds of reference images, but it has been well worth it.:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 2

I would like to thank all the staff involved in assisting in getting this CRL to completion in a timely manner.

Also many thanks to the member who was adamant this should be the newest CRL for FISD. The LMO's agree, he was onto something.

This is the perfect costume for my fellow Aussies as well.

I'm sure we have loads of members who can not wait for summer to start building this new costume and joining our ranks.

Awesome work team and to the the Orange County Squad, who share a very similar climate to me. This is a personal favorite.

• Like 3

While not an official accessory for the CRL, the Merch team would like to offer an interest thread for the FISD Beach towel.

Keep an eye on the merch section for the official posting.

Here is a sneak peak while we work on the details.

y4m02mZFYWFNE7AqtEYo2SRvxWycj6fJ8qRwfbJPIQF57Vowms4P02at0P52ypKKa8GnMW0UDQ0K7h64j0EFfJYQ3dbTgK87WqYy6gRSvBUcLaRcTOoXnRsAPqz8-f9bb-N5YoEtOqznYCLlcsY9lz52bzOl9iM2nxTEpgzruLUhgXmI6ldOVK3S5e8RQ_3nU0x?width=660&height=583&cropmode=none

• Like 6

Just now, jsilvius said:

While not an official accessory for the CRL, the Merch team would like to offer an interest thread for the FISD Beach towel.

Oh heck yes! Merch FTW. Count me in for one, or twenty. I def need a cover-up for my new Beach Trooper suit, which is, well, very much birthday-esque.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FN1313 said:

Me as soon as I saw this to my wife

“Honey, remember how you told me to never buy or wear a Speedo…?”

Haha. My EI submission thread has the official swimwear purchase link, for those of you seeking the licensed product route.

Oh heck yes! Merch FTW. Count me in for one, or twenty. I def need a cover-up for my new Beach Trooper suit, which is, well, very much birthday-esque.

I’m feeling the need for a celebration march of the beach troopers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FN1313 said:

I’m feeling the need for a celebration march of the beach troopers.

OH. MY. GOODNESS. YES.

Running of the speedos and hoods.

Adam - What about Dragoncon?

• Like 1

I am so happy to finally see this launched -- even submitted my own pre-approval already :wub:

Thank you all who helped this come to life! :salute:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Awesome work team and to the the Orange County Squad, who share a very similar climate to me. This is a personal favorite.

Thank you all! The Orange County Squad and I send our love.

This was in the works for months before we finally worked up the nerve to buy matching "budgie-smugglers" and make it happen. Kudos to Todd M. (@thebearded1ne)  for the original idea, Manny D. (@rekked), Scott S. (@TattooedStormtrooper), and Dwight S. (@Dsposato0) for suiting up with me, and to Ryan B. @TKBatchy for providing the perfect jacuzzi location and coordinating with our photographer, Casey K.! 

PFctokI.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jsilvius said:

y4m02mZFYWFNE7AqtEYo2SRvxWycj6fJ8qRwfbJPIQF57Vowms4P02at0P52ypKKa8GnMW0UDQ0K7h64j0EFfJYQ3dbTgK87WqYy6gRSvBUcLaRcTOoXnRsAPqz8-f9bb-N5YoEtOqznYCLlcsY9lz52bzOl9iM2nxTEpgzruLUhgXmI6ldOVK3S5e8RQ_3nU0x?width=660&height=583&cropmode=none

Love the concept.  Don't forget the (c) LFL logo on it and we're golden. Who wouldn't want one?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

OH. MY. GOODNESS. YES.

Running of the speedos and hoods.

Adam - What about Dragoncon?

+1.

Round of drinks for this actually happening. Seriously.  :pint1:

• Like 1

UPDATE:

In case you haven't figured it out yet, this topic is an April fool's joke!  :laugh1:  Many thanks to the rascals who are behind the idea for this post-  @Morgi (Luca), @MaskedVengeance (Caleb) and co-conspirator @revlimiter (Adam).  Also a big shout out to those TKs (listed above in Justin's  @TheRascalKing )post that had to endure relaxing in that hot tub, lol.  

Our apologies, but all submissions for LBT EI approval are indefinitely on hold (much to the relief of our D.O. staff).

• Like 4

Indefinite hold on my EI app! Nooooo... :laugh1:

But in all seriousness, truthfully it is @TheRascalKing and TK-97253, TK-42077, TK-82077, TK-62345, and Casey Kwock (as Justin mentioned in his post above) who deserve credit for this joke. It was them that formulated the idea, and only after their completion of the CRL did Justin approach Luca and myself about implementation on FISD. Adam, Luca, and I only took it a step further with our own threads based on the CRL. So BIG THANKS to the SoCal Garrison troopers on the amazing concept! Luca, Adam, and I myself had an amazing time spinning off your vision and work!

• Like 3

Awesome work gentleman. It may have started as an April Fool's Joke, but somehow I think someday someone will make this real, even if it's just a con costume.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daetrin said:

[...] I think someday someone will make this real, even if it's just a con costume.

I mean, pink shorts guy already exists at cons. A little more minimalistic than that, but not outside the realm of possibility...

2 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Indefinite hold on my EI app! Nooooo... :laugh1:

But in all seriousness, truthfully it is @TheRascalKing and TK-97253, TK-42077, TK-82077, TK-62345, and Casey Kwock (as Justin mentioned in his post above) who deserve credit for this joke. It was them that formulated the idea, and only after their completion of the CRL did Justin approach Luca and myself about implementation on FISD. Adam, Luca, and I only took it a step further with our own threads based on the CRL. So BIG THANKS to the SoCal Garrison troopers on the amazing concept! Luca, Adam, and I myself had an amazing time spinning off your vision and work!

I appreciate that clarification, Caleb - this really was Todd's idea that I helped push across the line to reality, then several additional folks jumped on it after I shared it with you. I'm delighted they ran with it, but yea I was the one who brought it to the Detachment and wrote the "CRL". The goal is always smiles on faces so I'm glad people got a kick out of it!

Here's the Amazon link to the "official" speedo if anyone wants to grab one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G2THW89

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRascalKing said:

Here's the Amazon link to the "official" speedo if anyone wants to grab one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G2THW89

I may have archived (hidden) that purchase on my Amazon account last week lest my wife wonder what the heck is going on with my silly stormtrooper friends, or worse. :laugh1:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

I may have archived (hidden) that purchase on my Amazon account last week lest my wife wonder what the heck is going on with my silly stormtrooper friends, or worse. :laugh1:

fPhm5QX.jpg

16 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

UPDATE:

In case you haven't figured it out yet, this topic is an April fool's joke!  :laugh1:  Many thanks to the rascals who are behind the idea for this post-  @Morgi (Luca), @MaskedVengeance (Caleb) and co-conspirator @revlimiter (Adam).  Also a big shout out to those TKs (listed above in Justin's  @TheRascalKing )post that had to endure relaxing in that hot tub, lol.  

Our apologies, but all submissions for LBT EI approval are indefinitely on hold (much to the relief of our D.O. staff).

Crumbs and I was all ready to finally get my TK approved. Guess I'll have to continue working on the ANH calves. ;)

• Like 1