emtramone

Seems too good to be real!!

Details look extremely soft (probably a recast?), ab buttons appear to be molded into the chest, looks like very thin plastic, possibly not even ABS.

I mean, you can certainly buy it and make a suit, but I don't think it would hold up to trooping and IMO it doesn't look all that great.

21 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Details look extremely soft (probably a recast?), ab buttons appear to be molded into the chest, looks like very thin plastic, possibly not even ABS.

I mean, you can certainly buy it and make a suit, but I don't think it would hold up to trooping and IMO it doesn't look all that great.

Perfect that's what I was thinking. It looks like they cast it off their own armor. It's styrene at about 1.5 mm thick. 

Makerofthings is a known recaster.  These threads may help you in your armor search, Chris.

Who to be leery of:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/

Vetted sellers:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

• Like 1

Joseph is 100% correct, maker of things is a recaster, and always best not to support these guys.

• Like 1

If you want to see the detail loss merely reference the helm; teeth, eye edges and the vocoder, holy rounded edges!

Found this auction today. Do you think it's actual? 
                    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Return-of-the-Jedi-Armor-Kit/292568842915?hash=item441e7642a3:g:LU0AAOSwV0RXvNyv
Advice needed as someone I know may pull the trigger.

Out of curiosity did your friend pull the trigger on this or wait it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/6/2018 at 6:02 PM, emtramone said:

Found this auction today. Do you think it's actual? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Return-of-the-Jedi-Armor-Kit/292568842915?hash=item441e7642a3:g:LU0AAOSwV0RXvNyv

Advice needed as someone I know may pull the trigger.

I didn't know any better at the time, but this is actually what I bought a few years ago, and just now started assembling it myself. It started out as a really good Halloween costume. That's all I initially intended it to be. It's not horrible, but it is fine for the occasional outing. I don't think it will hold up to "hard" use.  It is "matte" plastic and will require gloss white spray paint. Additionally some of the pieces aren't "square so it takes some work to shape them. I am 5'6" and about 150 pounds. The person whom this armor was cast from had to have been built like a freaking NFL linebacker because I have had to to do lots and lots of trimming. I don't think I will be able to get it up to 501st specs because I have had to rivet in places that I shouldn't, but won't be noticeable when I pit the Velcro strip seam on, in order to get it fitted right to my body. 

Edited by Kunal
corrections

On 6/13/2018 at 3:53 PM, Kunal said:

I didn't know any better at the time, but this is actually what I bought a few years ago, and just now started assembling it myself. It started out as a really good Halloween costume. That's all I initially intended it to be. It's not horrible, but it is fine for the occasional outing. I don't think it will hold up to "hard" use.  It is "matte" plastic and will require gloss white spray paint. Additionally some of the pieces aren't "square so it takes some work to shape them. I am 5'6" and about 150 pounds. The person whom this armor was cast from had to have been built like a freaking NFL linebacker because I have had to to do lots and lots of trimming. I don't think I will be able to get it up to 501st specs because I have had to rivet in places that I shouldn't, but won't be noticeable when I pit the Velcro strip seam on, in order to get it fitted right to my body. 

Just open a thread in the build section and post some photos. We might get you ready for 501st approval ;)