2016 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Staff

Dark PWF

Greetings fellow Stormtroopers,

We’ve got quite a year ahead of us!  On so many levels, this is going to be a fun, fun year for the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment.  I’m admittedly a bit surprised that I’m putting this post together, but I’m truly honored and humbled to do so.  I take this responsibility very seriously, and I plan to make sure that each and every one of you that reads this will be able to see and feel the results of the plan that I’ve begun putting together with the Staff.  Speaking of that plan and the Staff, it is time to get to work.

Lifted directly from my opening statement, here is a brief selection of goals that I have laid out for the Detachment in 2016:

·  Develop a more welcoming environment for prospective and new members.

·  Develop a more inclusive outreach for the Detachment via Social Media.

·  Continue to grow the Detachment’s Attache program, no less than two Attaches per Garrison/at least one per Squad is the goal.

·  Finalize and publish the formal Attache materials that have been developed/in development during the last year.

·  Lead the Detachment Command Staff in a housekeeping/photo updating initiative of the OT CRLs -  I do not believe that any standards changes are in order.

·  Develop new CRL standards for Level 2/EIB for the First Order Stormtrooper and begin the development of CRL standards for Level 3/Centurion for the First Order Stormtrooper.

·  Oversee the completion/cleanup/update of recently added costume CRLs (Captain Phasma, Legacy Trooper), and those currently underway (Battlefront Troopers), and coming our way soon (Rogue One).

·  Ensure that the 10th Anniversary of the FISD is celebrated and commemorated in meaningful and memorable ways – Swag, Newsletter Highlights, Contests, Social Media campaigns. 

In order to ensure that this happens and, equally as important, to make certain that I don’t do un-correctably dumb things, I have asked the following Detachment members to serve on staff and ensure that I am staying on target during the year ahead:

Executive Officer - Daetrin: You’ll see his name again a bit later, but does Paul really need an introduction?  He’s the man that started it all.  The Detachment’s founder and principal caretaker for the last decade, he laid out the groundwork and guidelines for what this Detachment has become, and how it should operate.  He has a wealth and depth of Legion leadership experience that I cannot compare to at this point in time, and based on all of that, I couldn’t think of anyone better to fill this seat and kick me square in the backside when it looks like I’m going to engage in something dumb.  Hopefully, I don’t give his kicking leg much of a workout.

Deployment Officers – 

UKSWRATHIf you spend any length of time at FISD these days, you’re going to be exposed to Tony’s knowledge, keen eye for detail, and giving spirit.  He’s always willing to help, and he’s capable of delivering his observations in a way that makes people happy to hear it.  This ability to wield that delicate touch is critical for this position, perhaps even more than the keen eye for detail.

Sly11In the same vein, Andrew was the man that rose to the top of the Staff Discussion last year when a second DO was suggested.  He possesses the same knowledge, keen eye for detail, desire to help others, and delicate touch that Tony does, but with a cooler accent.  When you have one guy that brings all of that knowledge and skill to the team, it is a good thing.  When you can boast two of them, it is a big win for everyone.

Provost Marshal - captsafe66: The PM is the essentially the law enforcement officer of the Detachment.  Mark has served in this capacity for good reason; he has consistently demonstrated that he has his fingers on the pulse of the forums, which is no small task.  He’s always up to it when an intervention is required, and manages to do so without causing situations to escalate.

Deputy Provost Marshal - Tolo: Eric is always welcoming and helpful and based on my discussion with Mark, Eric will remain a vital member of the PM team, so you can expect to see him providing a good natured approach to the forum discussions on a regular basis, as he has always done.

A year ago, Darth Aloha said “What we need is a handful of people monitoring the tone of FISD and counseling people as issues come up.” This remains as true and vital today as it was then, and we will be adding a few additional DPMs to Mark’s team over the coming months.

Public Relations Officer - evan_loh: Evan has become the master of the Detachment’s Newletters and managing the team that produces it each month.  Every edition somehow seems to raise the bar, and when you consider what we’re routinely doing here, I think that’s pretty impressive.  I’m looking forward to seeing where we take the PR for the Detachment in the next year.

Deputy Public Relations Officer - MechaPumpkin: Knowing that part of the year’s plan is to energize the Detachment’s social media presence, an additional PRO was a no-brainer.  Danny came to the Staff as the new XO mid-tour last year, and brought with him an energy and enthusiasm that can only be described as positive, invigorating, and exciting.  I believe that the PRO is a perfect fit for that energy and am thankful that Danny has agreed to come on board for it.

FISD Ambassador – justjoseph63: The FISD Ambassador manages the Detachment Attaches.  The Attaches are our “Troopers in the Garrisons.”  They ensure that new TKs are built properly, considering EI submission, and take Detachment news and updates back to the Garrisons.  Joseph has been a whirlwind of Troopers Helping Troopers since arriving, and stepped up his game when he was appointed as an Attache.  He truly stood out to me as the right guy for this position.

Membership Officer - NoVATie: A.C. has been one of the unsung heroes of the Detachment Staff for quite some time.  His work is typically unseen by all but a few people, and truly touches everyone as they come on board here at the FISD. 

Merchandise Officer – cm325iSeeing the overwhelming response to the FISD Racing Shirts last year, the on-going FISD patch run, and witnessing his graphics work in the Newsletters from month to month quietly put Clint on a lot of RADARs where merchandise is involved.  He brings a high degree of excitement and many great ideas to the position

Web Server Admins – svache, Locitus, and Darth Aloha – My own nerd abilities allow me to use bigger words than necessary most of the time, and moderately effectively manage forums.  The server side of this would destroy me, and thus, there is no way that I would even pretend that I could do so.  These three guys have kept the servers going and managed upgrades, coding, and crashes for quite some time now, and I’m very happy to retain their services in this capacity.

FISD Founder Daetrin: Paul is the man that started it all, and his constant presence and focus are a testament to Troopers Helping Troopers and his commitment to the vision that he typed out back in 2006.  You've already read about him in the XO slot above though, so I'll just move along.   :smiley-sw013: 

So these are the Stormtroopers on our Command Staff.  I used the word our in that sentence, because regardless of my status as the DL, this is your Detachment and this is your Staff.  We are here to serve you and keep an eye on things for you both here and at the Legion level, to assure that the Legion’s Stormtroopers are taken care of properly.

Some of you are very, very aware of this already, but I am always available to each and every one of you via PM and email.  If you feel the need to contact me about something, don’t hesitate to do so.

Thank you for your support this year!  Let’s have some fun, and share some smiles with the public at large!

• Like 16

Congrats to all of the staff members for 2016!  Looking forward to a great year Tim.  Your staff selections are excellent.  I have had the pleasure to have spoken to a few of them over PM and they are all great guys and easy to talk to.  Have fun everyone.