Episode 7 Teaser Trailer 2 Opinions

Boomstick

Looks great to me!  Was that Luke's light saber that was being handed off or was it Vader's?

If you follow the storyline it was Anakins from EPIII, handed over to Luke by Obi in EPIV, and lost by Luke in EPV when his hand was cut off by Vader. Somehow recovered and passed on later.

Looks like a ESB Luke Graflex.

Agreed, I guess $450 was now a good price when you look back in hindsight.

Edited by Dday

Looks like a ESB Luke Graflex.

Yes, but with the glass eye in the front socket (and not a button)! It was nice to see a real Graflex beeing used as opposed to the not so good looking chromed look alike anakin saber in Ep III.

I must admit, that I'm not super crazy about the new stormtrooper.  Its cool and all but when you have such an amazing predecessor to live up to its kind of hard to accept something else. 

You got me? LOL

I keep watching it; each time I'm just jaw-dropping in awe. 

I love the way the new Stormie and TIE pilot look. The Empire is still alive and well! I like how Leia has a lightsaber and looks like she became a Jedi. I wonder to whom Luke is speaking. I'm thinking it's his niece/nephew. I don't see him having kids.

And the best part: "Chewie, we're home." Oh yeah!

Leia had a lightsaber?  You forced me to watch the trailer again :rolleyes: .  However I still did not see that.  Am I missing it?

Also when I watched in the beginning I was like oh cool X-Wing crash.  Then it was like HOLY S***T!!!  That Star Destroyer crash was friggin awesome!

It was pure awesome. So, a couple of my "opinions".

Rey = Jaina, force sensitive (perhaps she's been hiding on Tattooine with an alias).

Finn - a trooper who leaves the team; force sensitive.

Troopers (in general) = super cool, love the armor and look.

Vader helmet = if the skull is in there, wow...that'll awkward. if not, still cool.

Chrome trooper = an inquisitor class trooper (perhaps Gwendonline Christie's character).

Kylo Ren = looks a lot like Darth Revan; cool though.

Do you think that vaders skull is still in the melted helmet?

They burned him like they did to Qui-Gon Jinn. So his skull shouldn't be.... hopefully no retcon'ing in this movie.

Dark CMF: He didn't disappear like the others that turned into force-ghosts did. Although, that was kinda explained to Yoda by Qui-Jon in the clone wars final season... I may be mixing up legends though. Maybe they changed it in the digital release... George liked to do that maybe Disney will too. Although I noticed they cleaned up the Han shot first scene a bit. Awesome trailer, I got so excited I had to pee immediately!

Anyone else notice the empire symbol looks different? It's somewhat clear in the scene with the TK's turning around. Plus who is on the stage?!?

So many questions!!

Edited by Joe.Gravelle

Anyone else notice the empire symbol looks different? It's somewhat clear in the scene with the TK's turning around. Plus who is on the stage?!?

So many questions!!

Empire isn't called Empire anymore. I think it's called "first order", at least that is what it says on the suites that are displayed at celebration. That explains why the logo has changed.

Yeah dude! I wanna know who is on the stage sooooo bad! Maybe it's Gollum? Who else could it be?

Dark CMF: He didn't disappear like the others that turned into force-ghosts did. Although, that was kinda explained to Yoda by Qui-Jon in the clone wars final season... I may be mixing up legends though. Maybe they changed it in the digital release... George liked to do that maybe Disney will too. Although I noticed they cleaned up the Han shot first scene a bit. Awesome trailer, I got so excited I had to pee immediately!

Well, Anakin has always appeared to Luke as a force ghost at the end of ROTJ, along with Yoda and Obi-Wan. No retcon needed for Anakin to be available and active in Luke's life as a Jedi.