Anovos TK armor preorder

Hey I just tweeted Frank Ippolito and he responded this is the Bucket they will be shipping.

Anovos sent it to him to review on Tested

Wow that looks way different than the pics on their website. I like it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey I just tweeted Frank Ippolito and he responded. This is the Bucket they will be shipping.

Interesting

Wow that looks way different than the pics on their website. 

You got that right. 

Hey I just tweeted Frank Ippolito and he responded this is the Bucket they will be shipping.

So just to be clear we are speaking about the classic TK bucket in the picture and not the FO bucket. Correct?

As I said before that bucket really looks nothing like the bucket pictured on their website.

The eyes look way different compared to the prototype.

110e772434bb2a87fd09b34725ae3585.jpgfe43e587f0e31c6cc54365bc41b6ba5c.jpg

Now that I see the difference I think I like the sharper lines better. Is that considered more desirable for screen accuracy?

Those both look very different.  The one on the right almost looks like a hero...  almost!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I am not an expert and only a nooby but I like the hard clean lines. I think it looks much more expensive and menacing than their prototype.

What do the experts think as far as accuracy and approval?

That is if this is the actual one shipping.

• Like 1

I am not an expert and only a nooby but I like the hard clean lines. I think it looks much more expensive and menacing than their prototype.

What do the experts think as far as accuracy and approval?

That is if this is the actual one shipping.

I'm in the same boat as you. I think it's an improvement over the prototype. The pull looks very sharp and I personally prefer how much more striking and intimidating it looks.

Obviously we don't get a full look of it and there's probably some experts who can see the inaccuracies

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by BlayneFitz
  • Like 1

So just to be clear we are speaking about the classic TK bucket in the picture and not the FO bucket. Correct?

As I said before that bucket really looks nothing like the bucket pictured on their website.

Franks Tweet " Trying to scare Mike Senna's amazing BB8with some Anovos helmets"

I understand the love of screen accurate replicas, flaws included. I prefer a more real world look. I know some might call sacrilige but I feel tweaking it a bit definetly improves the overall idea and look of what the original prop makers had in mind.

Some may see it as a sacrilege, others will see it as a new version of fan sculpt. As long as it's not so far off the mark it requires changing TK ;)   

• Like 1

I understand the love of screen accurate replicas, flaws included. I prefer a more real world look. I know some might call sacrilige but I feel tweaking it a bit definetly improves the overall idea and look of what the original prop makers had in mind.

I thought the whole idea of this hobby was to replicate what we all saw on screen? JFYI the original prop makers had no say in what things looked like as such. It's all down to the art directors and producers etc. Prop guys just do as they are told. Believe me I've been one of those prop guys.

• Like 1

It seems to me that the huge rush to order and pay for the Anavos armour is dumbing down our hobby tremendously . We have spent the last few years with screen accurate armour available ( ss skunky, RS Propmasters ) and we are rushing lemming like into non screen accurate tat , mainly because of the cheap price . Anavos is setting our hobby back years , we might as well all dig out our ancient FX suits and give up on screen accurate all together .

This forum is better than Anavos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought the whole idea of this hobby was to replicate what we all saw on screen? JFYI the original prop makers had no say in what things looked like as such. It's all down to the art directors and producers etc. Prop guys just do as they are told. Believe me I've been one of those prop guys.

Compare to the original Stunt helmets, which is what this is modeled after and I think you'll find that this helmet is an incredible likeness. They managed to retain the original assymetry but clean up all of the bumps and lumps that would have never existed if they had the budget and time to clean up. Other prop makers have replicated exactly what was on screen but they are ugly as hell, bumps and all. If thats what you want you can buy it. These are great looking in my humble opinion.

Here is a link to photos of the original stunt helmets for comparison

http://starwarshelmets.com/original-ANH-Stunt-Stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm

Edited by vinmanmac

What i see on screen, when i´m into the told story in that universe - is a Stormtrooper. A soldier of the galactic empire.

When looking at detailed pics of the used props, the magic is gone. Then i only see sloppy made and bad looking plastic parts.

The same with fan worn OT armor - from a distance cool looking, but when they come into close range (and are made screen accurate) it only looks like a bad made costume to me.

As a prop-collector i KNOW what is accurate ..... but i can´t bring myself to like everything as it was made.

• Like 6

I have agree with you. I'm always for symmetry and perfection. It drives people around me crazy with my OCD-like attention to detail but it allows me to sleep at nights.

Not that I have anything against those who prefer movie accuracy.

• Like 2

It seems to me that the huge rush to order and pay for the Anavos armour is dumbing down our hobby tremendously . We have spent the last few years with screen accurate armour available ( ss skunky, RS Propmasters ) and we are rushing lemming like into non screen accurate tat , mainly because of the cheap price . Anavos is setting our hobby back years , we might as well all dig out our ancient FX suits and give up on screen accurate all together .

This forum is better than Anavos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everyone has an opinion. And I think this way of thinking is so far off base.  

Know one other than the Anovos select group has even seen this armor in person and you are ragging on it as if you have had it in your hands for a personal in-depth review. Why not actually let the jury have an opportunity to hear the case before you condemn the accused.  

In all likely hood this armor is very nicely done. As almost all Anovos products that have been released from other lines.  

This TK is bringing the opportunity for thousands of fans to Troop along side others that would never been able to due to cost restrictions. The license and the ability to mass produce these makes a quality product more affordable.

Some people just wanna feel like they belong to some elitist country club and like to turn their nose down at anyone they think doesn't measure up. You don't have to drive a Rolls Royce to share the road.

I'd like to hear from you.  Do you have a kit ordered? Do you own another TK? 

• Like 10