Anovos TK armor preorder

I am truly blown away by the scale of this operation.  Anyone who bought a set should be jumping up for joy.  I can't wait to see a finished kit.  I agree with Eric - while maybe not perfect what we are seeing is way above most Legion members.  We'll need to order wa more EI coins as nearly everyone coming in could be EI out of the box.

Amazing, simply amazing.

• Like 3

Oh. I see. I see. 

I'd say 80% of the thermal dets in the legion look worse than that TD. Even recently purchased kits. 

I say we should all be thankful that it comes with metal clips. There aren't many that do and its a base requirement (you're welcome evilboy, gaz and whoever else makes clips). 

TM and RS (I assume RS) are the only ones that makes an accurately sized thermal det. (Jesse did back in the day... I'm lucky enough to have one) The rest are too small a diameter as far as I know... and the control panel looks like crap. 

Also by the way... no fan cares about an inaccurate thermal det. We troop for the fans not for ourselves. Don't wear your TD some day trooping see who even among your garrison notices. 

And! For $350? That's a freaking badass thermal detonator!

-Eric

#CWFBSORNTACP

Yeah, esp. when a completed TD goes for what - $80 or so.  Man, I shoulda bought a set at $350 when I had a chance...

• Like 2

While I agree that the TD looks off due to the sharpness of it, I don't see any issue with it passing Legion certification. When all is said and done, any other TD worn on this kit is going to look goofy because of the sharpness of the kit. Just like putting an FX bucket on a set of AP would look goofy to us.<br><br>

Approval... Easily achieved.<br><br>

EIB/Centurion... They'll have to move or possibly even replace the clips (wrong position, and might be a little narrow).<br><br>

Adoration of fans (young and old alike) when they troop,with us... Given.

• Like 2

It´s not Anovos - it´s Disney.

No matter what Anovos wants, they have to go after violations of their license, it´s their duty to protect it - otherwise they can loose their license.

Disney makes money with those licenses, and if their licensees would let slip it (cause beeing nica and friends with other makers), Disney would make less money - one thing they don´t like. The mouse is not friendly, it´s way more greedy than George ever was.

QFT

while maybe not perfect what we are seeing is way above most Legion members. We'll need to order wa more EI coins as nearly everyone coming in could be EI out of the box.

Amazing, simply amazing.

Simply on point. Watch those EI numbers climb next year.
  • Like 2

I'm a little sad that I gave up my pre-order. Although to be fair I didn't get it at the 350 rate. The cost I ordered at when exchange rate factored in brought the price near the cost of getting an AP.

Edited by Jinsei

Thanks . Finally received that email. Those videos are pretty cool to see it all being made. I know these are not going to please everyone regarding details, etc. but for the initial price of $350.00 I think it is a pretty decent kit. Very happy to see this update!

I agree with you Aaron, I just wanted to clear a little bit this myth like what ANOVOS sells only stuff cast off from original armors.

That argument doesn't hold. NE armor is a RS recast yet all the lines are sanitized and sharper. The key thing is to look for specific features the RS armor has, such as very distintive shins, forearms, and other things they had to sculpt (or borrow masters from other people) to complete their original armor.

I watched a video where some of the 'guys from Tested' met up with some private SW collectors who said they had given ANOVOS access to some of the original casts from the set. I wouldn't rule out the possibilities of the company just yet, i mean they do have a sturdy history behind them, and that makes it totally plausible that they could be more accurate than any fan made kits available from individual vendors if its true.  

Concerning the Belt issue and the possible holes that a removal of 2 screws would leave, how difficult could it be to disassemble or reverse engineer it and sew a new canvas? Feasible?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darning

Darning is probably the trick. It take some patience and time, but it's not rocket science. The velcro in the back will make it harder though. YMMV.

Very poor effort if you ask me. See the webbing on the front?

How is that a very poor effort? I mean, yes, they took some liberties, cleaned up the whole thing and stuff but I'd like to know what leads you to say that? I know you are an expert on the matter so there might be stuff jumping at you that a noob like me can't see...
  • Like 1

I paid more than $650 (the current price for this kit) for my kit. Let alone all the other extras I had to get.... and larger AM2.0 thighs/shins.... I probably could have bought two of these kits easily by now. I don't think it's a bad looking kit. For those who like the idealized troopers, this will be perfect. Personally, I wish I would have just spent the extra from the get-go and went with RS. 

I am really pleased just being able to see the production videos and photos. There is already a wide range opinions on whether they are doing this right or wrong but seeing the parts take form is an extra bit of fun we don't normally get to see when TK kits are made.<br>

the tier one pricing was so cheap that it was an easy decision to buy a kit seeing that the total package costs about the same as my RS helmet! This TK armor is certainly better looking than buying a Rubies one. Very happy with what I am seeing for the money I paid. I would be worried if I had to lay out over a $1,000 and wait to see the product in hand. But for the $350 I paid, its looking like a nice affordable investment. <br>

following the process from preorder until now has been quite entertaining. I just hope they offer some cheaper TFA armor kits in the future.

I paid more than $650 (the current price for this kit) for my kit. Let alone all the other extras I had to get.... and larger AM2.0 thighs/shins.... I probably could have bought two of these kits easily by now. I don't think it's a bad looking kit. For those who like the idealized troopers, this will be perfect. Personally, I wish I would have just spent the extra from the get-go and went with RS. 

I really don't think you're going to be stuck with this kit forever if you are not pleased with it. I'm certain you can turn it on a dime and make every penny back.

I think the average fan will clamour to get thier hands on one when they start shipping.

I really don't think you're going to be stuck with this kit forever if you are not pleased with it. I'm certain you can turn it on a dime and make every penny back.

I think the average fan will clamour to get thier hands on one when they start shipping.

I agree. This will be my first build and I'm pumped. There is a build group on Facebook too for this buy filled with newbs like myself and the response seems the be overwhelmingly positive.  That said I'm very interested to hear what the veterans have say about higher level approval issues, if any exist, once they have a kit in their hands. 

Very poor effort if you ask me. See the webbing on the front?

Is it because of cheap plastic?

Since the first pictures I saw, the parts seemed thin to me. I might be totally wrong too.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have an MTK/AM2.0 hybrid. For $350 this kit is a steal! For $650 with all the add-ons, it's still steal. I was making the point that I've spent enough on my current build to buy two ANOVOS. I don't think it's perfect but wouldn't cost much more to get to Centurion status. Personally, I prefer screen used than idealized troopers.  

I agree. This will be my first build and I'm pumped. There is a build group on Facebook too for this buy filled with newbs like myself and the response seems the be overwhelmingly positive.  That said I'm very interested to hear what the veterans have say about higher level approval issues, if any exist, once they have a kit in their hands. 

They know about this thread, and we know about their group. Feeling stalked?  ;)

It's a fine armor and by the looks of it, it could to be approved for 501st. It's not the armor alone, but how it looks on you that is the important thing here.

The "issues" if you may call them that is; Thermal Detonator and Belt /holster.

Thermal Detonator: the metal clips are on the wrong place, but it's only a problem when applying for the higher level of accuracy. Entry is a.o.k.

Belt / holster: The hoslter is attached to the belt with four rivets, which is the hero version. The stunt, which most TKs are, uses only two. That is also stated in the CRL

" The holster is affixed with only two fasteners at the bottom (one per strap). "

Meaning it has to be changed. How you would like to do this is up to you.