Anovos TK armor preorder

All we can hope for is we, the kit purchasers, are the one doing all the assembling. I don't want it put together by anyone else. I understand the helmet is but the belt and TD too?

• Like 1

If they told you where you could find them you may not be very happy Vern  :laugh1:

in my bum?

videos are sick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVrX24WSjdE&index=5&list=PLSJtNgxkJ-rLqjWEwKebYsHJsp6oSoz21

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I like the sharp pulls. Less film-accurate, without a doubt, but now they look like they really came off the Imperial assembly line. :) Do you think the Empire would really tolerate anything but the sharpest of pulls? Do you think the Emperor is thrilled with "charming asymmetry"? Puh-leeze.

(I live perpetually in the real Star Wars universe, not in a film producer's approximation of it.)  ;)

I think this is what Disney/Anovos are banking on.

As for the TD, not a major thing to replace. And a new sales niche becomes available...better TDs for Anovos buyers!

Edited by Astyanax

Will there be a huge portion of incorrect TD Troopers out there? I volunteered at an event right before Halloween with my Garrison, and I worked the 501st table for about 45 minutes. I literally had about 30 people tell me that they were going to join the 501st and had kits on order from from Anovos.

Will there be a huge portion of incorrect TD Troopers out there? I volunteered at an event right before Halloween with my Garrison, and I worked the 501st table for about 45 minutes. I literally had about 30 people tell me that they were going to join the 501st and had kits on order from from Anovos.

The CRL may have to address this.

The TD as it stands will pass basic approval.  There is no problem with it as far as joining the 501st.  As soon as the GML sees it's an Anovos (Fluffy bunny, whatever) kit, they can just check off "TD present? Yup."  The belt and holster, though, will deserve some extra scrutiny.  And the helmet, of course, if it's built by fluffy bunnies, and shipped as a complete piece. There still aren't any pictures of it complete (stickers? right colors? right teeth?)

Thermal Detonator
For 501st approval:
  • (A.K.A. O2 canister) attaches to the center back of the belt.
  • Detonator consists of an all grey cylinder, without silver stickers or silver paint.
    • The cylinder is between 2” (50mm) and 2.68"(68mm) in diameter with white end caps on each end.
  • The white control panel pad faces upwards, with the controls/round washer style detail closest to the right end cap.
  • The total length is approximately 7.50" (190.5mm).
  • The thermal detonator is attached via metal or metallic-appearing clips, approximately 1" (25mm) wide.

For level two certification (if applicable):
  • Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps.
  • Like 1

Soooooo I know I'm going to regret asking but.... what is wrong with that thermal det that is shouldn't pass basic approval?

Or what about their TD would warrant a CRL change? I might have been blinded by Andrea's rainbows that I missed it along the way. 

-Eric

I like the sharp pulls. Less film-accurate, without a doubt, but now they look like they really came off the Imperial assembly line. :) Do you think the Empire would really tolerate anything but the sharpest of pulls? Do you think the Emperor is thrilled with "charming asymmetry"? Puh-leeze.

(I live perpetually in the real Star Wars universe, not in a film producer's approximation of it.) ;)

I think this is what Disney/Anovos are banking on.

As for the TD, not a major thing to replace. And a new sales niche becomes available...better TDs for Anovos buyers!

I agree. I think the pulls look fierce and freaking awesome. I have been a fan since I saw a new hope when I was 14. Everyone has a different level of what is acceptable to them from an accuracy viewpoint. I have seen some e-11 builds where people rag on another's build because he has the wrong mm slotted screw. I mean cmon there will never ever be a mass produced suit that will please everyone but I think this suit looks awesome so far.

Or does the CRL already address this? Just because a company decided to do one way does mean the CRL has to change to fit that. The CRL goes by what was on screen not an idealized version of what "it" was supposed to be.

Right, my thinking was not that the CRL would have to be updated to allow anything, but rather that the CRL might have to be updated to be more specific as to what is unacceptable so that Anovos buyers can modify as needed. That's all I meant. Does the CRL address the problems we see?

Thanks to Eric for reposting the CRL. Looks like it covers what needs to be covered. I feel like a fool for not going back and rereading it.

Bill

Edited by Astyanax

What's wrong with the TD? I can see the clips are too far from the end caps and that it's idealized so not all that screen accurate. Anything else?

Right, my thinking was not that the CRL would have to be updated to allow anything, but rather that the CRL might have to be updated to be more specific as to what is unacceptable so that Anovos buyers can modify as needed. That's all I meant. Does the CRL address the problems we see?

Thanks to Eric for reposting the CRL. Looks like it covers what needs to be covered.

Bill

Thanks to Eric for reposting the CRL. Looks like it covers what needs to be covered.

Bill

The CRL is NOT aesthetic specific, well, at least the majority of it isn't. It's more about assembly. Specific aesthetics though important, may not play much of a role regarding approvals. I have two of these bad boys coming, once they're in my hands we'll know for sure. From what I've seen so far though, basic is a given. Proper assembly will determine L2 or L3,  

• Like 4

What's wrong with the TD? I can see the clips are too far from the end caps and that it's idealized so not all that screen accurate. Anything else?

Oh. I see. I see. 

I'd say 80% of the thermal dets in the legion look worse than that TD. Even recently purchased kits. 

I say we should all be thankful that it comes with metal clips. There aren't many that do and its a base requirement (you're welcome evilboy, gaz and whoever else makes clips). 

TM and RS (I assume RS) are the only ones that makes an accurately sized thermal det. (Jesse did back in the day... I'm lucky enough to have one) The rest are too small a diameter as far as I know... and the control panel looks like crap. 

Also by the way... no fan cares about an inaccurate thermal det. We troop for the fans not for ourselves. Don't wear your TD some day trooping see who even among your garrison notices. 

And! For $350? That's a freaking badass thermal detonator!

-Eric

#CWFBSORNTACP

• Like 6

Oh. I see. I see. 

I'd say 80% of the thermal dets in the legion look worse than that TD. Even recently purchased kits. 

I say we should all be thankful that it comes with metal clips. There aren't many that do and its a base requirement (you're welcome evilboy, gaz and whoever else makes clips). 

TM and RS (I assume RS) are the only ones that makes an accurately sized thermal det. (Jesse did back in the day... I'm lucky enough to have one) The rest are too small a diameter as far as I know... and the control panel looks like crap. 

Also by the way... no fan cares about an inaccurate thermal det. We troop for the fans not for ourselves. Don't wear your TD some day trooping see who even among your garrison notices. 

And! For $350? That's a freaking badass thermal detonator!

-Eric

#CWFBSORNTACP

I make clips... bra.. I have owned TM jesse clips.  I think anovos should have another run of replacement TD's...  JUST SAYIN!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392
  • Like 1