Anovos TK armor preorder

I was hoping for more sanitizing.  :D

And the vetted sellers should kiss Anovos feet that they try to not take any actions that would lead to a C&D. 

The fat lady hasn't sung yet  ;)

Off course, but up to now they tried to avoid any actions in that way, even telling people not to ask certain questions.

Fact is if they were officially asked the wrong questions, they HAVE to react to not risk their license. No matter what they want to do.

Or are you refering to the sanitizing?

Off course, but up to now they tried to avoid any actions in that way, even telling people not to ask certain questions.

Fact is if they were officially asked the wrong questions, they HAVE to react to not risk their license. No matter what they want to do.

Nope, just product licencing

Personally, I like the "sanitized" look. I won't be weathering my set, nor do I want any asymmetry, although there will be some built in, I know. For me, it's not about film accuracy so much as authentic to the SW universe itself. If it's a believable stormtrooper, shiny and fresh off the assembly line, I will be thrilled. To me, that stands out.

• Like 3

As for ANOVOS sanitizing, I'm sure some hard core enthusiasts believe TM could be considered a type of sanitizing or, refinement. Long story short it won't matter until this new armor is in our hands. Until then it's all speculation, hearsay.       

• Like 1

We've also talked about the ANOVOS "sanitation" before. Back when ANOVOS was going to be using PVC, we talked about how it might be interesting to have a bunch of "idealized" TKs running around. Even if the ANOVOS armor is unique from other armors (and from my understanding, all armors are unique) won't it be refreshing to have something new on the market? Sure, it might not be exactly accurate, but all that means is that it won't infringe on the accuracy market held by our vetted vendors. I think that a bit of sanitation isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just something new and a little different. A little diversification never hurt anything.

• Like 2

Well, there's always AM if you want sanitized. ;)

Where's the "don't like" button?  :P

Honestly, right now, my main fear is that once ANOVOS got their OT stormtrooper done, they start messing with our current vetted sellers the same way they shutted down the TFA armor run on the Legion board.

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 3

Maybe with the US market. But the UK makers are safe. We got that established with the SDS vs LFL case a few years ago. At least when it comes to OT costumes.

Personally, I won't judge unless I can hold it in my hands and scrutinise it in person. Details can be gained and lost in a photo with lighting, shadows colour etc..

I keep reading the terms Prototype, not final, may change......I do believe they want to get it right. If ANOVOS are that serious, why don't they call a meeting with some of you guys over there in the US, and bring along a recent rendition of this kit, and take feedback onboard, not horse around with, here's another photo. Surely that would end some speculation. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, I know about the OT stuff, but the thing is the EU garrisons are certainly not all relying on ANOVOS for the new trilogy costumes. So I hope they won't witch hunt everyone who is making these new costumes because they bought the license, and want to touch every penny of it.

I don't think they're that kind of people.

As you may be correct however, Disney, is that kind of people (corporation).

To be clear, though I wouldn't be surprised if they did, I seriously doubt they will go after the legacy costume mfgs.

That being said, anything TFA you should count on it, regardless which side of the Atlantic they flow from. 

Yeah, I know about the OT stuff, but the thing is the EU garrisons are certainly not all relying on ANOVOS for the new trilogy costumes. So I hope they won't witch hunt everyone who is making these new costumes because they bought the license, and want to touch every penny of it.

It´s not Anovos - it´s Disney.

No matter what Anovos wants, they have to go after violations of their license, it´s their duty to protect it - otherwise they can loose their license.

Disney makes money with those licenses, and if their licensees would let slip it (cause beeing nica and friends with other makers), Disney would make less money - one thing they don´t like. The mouse is not friendly, it´s way more greedy than George ever was.

• Like 1

It´s not Anovos - it´s Disney.

I understand that. ANOVOS hears from a license violation, reports to Disney, and Disney juridic department comes into play to protect its money. I'm just taking the "ANOVOS = Disney" shortcut because it's faster (that's the point of a shortcut heh! :)). 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm sure Disney is aware of the 501st's reputation, and I doubt that they'll do anything to disrupt it in terms of the previously established vendors and systems. After all, who will march in the Disney star wars parades without the 501st? SWW are over, but they're only going away to make way for new and improved SW events, and while Disney is huge, it doesn't have the ability to throw together an ensemble like the 501st. And it's certainly not in Disney's best interest to disrupt a community that does so much good, especially for kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

As you may be correct however, Disney, is that kind of people (corporation).

To be clear, though I wouldn't be surprised if they did, I seriously doubt they will go after the legacy costume mfgs.

That being said, anything TFA you should count on it, regardless which side of the Atlantic they flow from. 

Disney isn't as strict on copyright violators as you would think. Through work I have had to deal with copyright issues/counterfeit products and just from my limited experience Disney doesn't seem to care, as the counterfeit stuff is in a way "free" advertising. Although that attitude was for relatively inexpensive items, whether they will take that same stance with more expensive stuff who knows. 

As I said, that's just my observation from my experience, and I could be greatly mistaken on this.

Edited by Jinsei

Lets not overlook that George got most of that $4 Billion in Disney stock not cash. George IS the mouse....

Yea he's probably kicking back at ranch with one thing on his mind...... CHA CHING!!!  :laugh1:

• Like 1

Theyre shoveling coal into the Anovos hype train's boiler, if they show us too much, we might decide to "cancel before it ships" and be glad we dodged a $350-650 bullet. Gotta keep us on the line until BBB day. Disney Magic, that. I'm liking what they're showing, but my expectations for the completed helmet portion in particular are pretty low. ( Keep in mind that $350 divided by 40 some-odd pieces = $8.75 per formed piece)

• Like 1

George gave his money from the disney sale of lucasfilm, to a charity that he himself created, and is on the board of directors.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-deal-george-lucas-will-384947

Disney will defend it's license around the world, wherever it can.  The OT costumes in the Uk are defined as expired industrial designs. (Past the statute of protection in the UK)

The holster most likely will not need to be replaced.  just the belt.

George gave his money from the disney sale of lucasfilm, to a charity that he himself created, and is on the board of directors.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-deal-george-lucas-will-384947

Disney will defend it's license around the world, wherever it can.  The OT costumes in the Uk are defined as expired industrial designs. (Past the statute of protection in the UK)

The holster most likely will not need to be replaced.  just the belt.

Interesting, not to doubt you Vern but has anyone heard or read any other news articles where this lucas fund is actually making into the school system. If it is, it sure isn't in CA judging by how they're always complaining they're broke.