Anovos TK armor preorder

A new update came out. Molds will be made from aluminum and they are still on target for late November/early December.

Just read that update. I'm thrilled to hear that they're still on target for the original shipping date.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also nice to hear that they're working on a system for replacement parts. As this will be my first armor build, I don't want to be too worried about getting everything 100% perfect. I was a little worried that they wouldn't be offering any kind of replacement parts program, and in my experience it's always easier to talk to an independent producer about getting replacement parts than it is to talk to a representative of a company about it (though I'm not sure I'm convinced after hearing about the difficulty people are having getting their FO replacement buckets from ANOVOS).

I got that update in my email as well. Interesting news about the molds as well as the replacement program. Nice to see that things are still on schedule. Fingers on one hand crossed that they remain on schedule. Fingers on the other hand crossed that I am one of the two "David C's" picked to get free shipping!

• Like 2

A new update came out. Molds will be made from aluminum and they are still on target for late November/early December.

The aluminum moulds part doesn't surprise me one bit. At the rate they are going to have to crank these kits out and still maintain consistent pulls, that's the only option that makes sense. Machined aluminum moulds are expensive and aren't really amenable to accuracy tweaks, but they'll last forever and are ideal for mass-producing kits.

As for the late November / early December, we'll see. At best, I expect them to begin shipping kits in a couple of months ... to their earliest buyers. They almost certainly won't have all of their orders fulfilled by the premiere.

• Like 2

I'm excited about at-cost replacement parts. Wonder if we can "replace" a face and a back n cap if we got completed helmets. Calling and saying, "Yes, I'd like a full kit's worth of replacement parts, please" sounds shady, but I wonder how close to $350 it'd be. They might do it :)

I'm excited about at-cost replacement parts. Wonder if we can "replace" a face and a back n cap if we got completed helmets. Calling and saying, "Yes, I'd like a full kit's worth of replacement parts, please" sounds shady, but I wonder how close to $350 it'd be. They might do it :)

That's something I hadn't considered, but it might very well be a good way to kind of cheat your way into a cheaper ANOVOS bucket kit... I'm assuming that if you only ordered the plastic parts and supplied your own misc. hardware that it'd be a fair amount cheaper than $350, but that remains to be seen.

I was just postulating them applying the tier 1 price to every customer's replacements; that tier 1 was "at-cost." I'd hope to pay $100, the tier 1 price or less for replacement 2-piece lid plastic pieces without any mark-up. Not trying to cheat them by any means; I genuinely would like to have an unassembled but complete parts set on-hand for instant replacement work instead of getting each piece individually (especially if we're paying for armor sets which will admittedly need replacement parts to remain complete/intact, and then paying for said replacements).

It looks like manufacturing will be take place in China (check out the Chinese characters on the fire extinguisher!)<br><br>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d364b6e2ca1099fb0335fbecd&id=a995a5acf2&e=e4236154b5'>http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d364b6e2ca1099fb0335fbecd&id=a995a5acf2&e=e4236154b5</a>

It looks like manufacturing will be take place in China (check out the Chinese characters on the fire extinguisher!)<br><br>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d364b6e2ca1099fb0335fbecd&id=a995a5acf2&e=e4236154b5'>http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d364b6e2ca1099fb0335fbecd&id=a995a5acf2&e=e4236154b5</a>

It took me forever to just find the fire extinguisher, let alone the Chinese characters on it! Haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I hope the FISD servers are up to the challenge once people begin receiving their kits.

Me too dude. Me too.

I think the new server can handle. If not Mathias and I will be standing by with our Unix duct tape and zip ties when the time comes.

I hope to have the forum software upgraded by then as well. That may help too... maybe?

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Good eye.  Isn't everything made in China these days?  I wonder which province...

I'd bet $5 that it would be Shenzhen, Guangdong Province.

Maybe I'm the only one, but the news about the aluminum molds actually has me worried...a mold made from a direct cast, for example, will retain all of the original screen-accurate wonkiness. But, when translated to CAD and then machined, no matter how they do it, might tend to "sterilize" the design a bit and make it a bit too uniform, symmetrical, etc. It just seems that using a 3D scan, tool paths, etc. to get to an aluminum mold would be analogous to making a recording of a recording and losing some of the original character along the way...

Edited by aramis

Any licences product will be sanitised to a certain extent. If the original helmet was scanned I'm sure it would have been cleaned up. You are never going to get a licenced company to give you drips and chips like the set for stun scan. It ain't gonna happen. The asymmetry will still be there but it will be clean.

• Like 1

Any licences product will be sanitised to a certain extent. If the original helmet was scanned I'm sure it would have been cleaned up. You are never going to get a licenced company to give you drips and chips like the set for stun scan. It ain't gonna happen. The asymmetry will still be there but it will be clean.

Which, totally floats my boat!!

When I saw up close RS pictures, I couldn't believe how bad it looks. Screen accurate, yes but it kinda looks like something some schmuck made in his backyard.

So you know, assysmetrical but clean works for me!

• Like 3

Which, totally floats my boat!!

When I saw up close RS pictures, I couldn't believe how bad it looks. Screen accurate, yes but it kinda looks like something some schmuck made in his backyard.

So you know, assysmetrical but clean works for me!

That's why I love my AP