Anovos TK armor preorder

Has anyone inquired as to if they would credit shipping to those that ordered prior to SWCA but whom attended?

To be honest I was there but it didn't occur to ask the guys at the booth. Had I given the whole issue a little more thought I could have while attending the convention cancelled my existing order and made a new one to get the shipping discount.

Edited by Vertex

So I did not understand , you can order this kit or not ? If it is suitable for 501st ?

There is no kit which is fit for approval directly out of the box. However, most kits can be made worthy of approval with enough work. From what I've seen and read, this kit should be perfectly fine if you're going to build it yourself. As for the pre-assembled kit, that remains to be seen. The only pictures we have are of a prototype and the FAQ isn't exactly enlightening in terms of construction methods.

In short, you should be able to build it up to 501st approval, but the assembled kit might not be built up to 501st standards.

For joining the 501st which stormtrooper would this one be?  Looking at the pictures on Anovos and the 501st website it looks like the costume for ANH stunt stormtrooper, but I am not completely sure.

You're correct, this armor is designed for ANH Stunt, or ESB. Your choice.

There is no kit which is fit for approval directly out of the box. However, most kits can be made worthy of approval with enough work. From what I've seen and read, this kit should be perfectly fine if you're going to build it yourself. As for the pre-assembled kit, that remains to be seen. The only pictures we have are of a prototype and the FAQ isn't exactly enlightening in terms of construction methods.

In short, you should be able to build it up to 501st approval, but the assembled kit might not be built up to 501st standards.

I mean if I can finish before the requirements of the 501st you can order? Yes ? Edited by Piett

Has anyone inquired as to if they would credit shipping to those that ordered prior to SWCA but whom attended?

To be honest I was there but it didn't occur to ask the guys at the booth. Had I given the whole issue a little more thought I could have while attending the convention cancelled my existing order and made a new one to get the shipping discount.

Some people at the convention did that. You can try emailing support@anovos.com to see if they will help you out there, but it may have just been a con floor exclusive deal.

@Michael

Now let me see, if I got your meaning correctly:

You want to know, if ordering the KIT is a good idea and if it is armor that will get you in the 501st, right?

Nobody can give you an answer to those questions for the time being.

But It is an educated guess, that Anovos will do a decent costume.

They have too much at stake and can't afford to deliver rubbish!

So, yes, it is a good idea to order that costume.

Will it get you in the 501st?

If you do your research, aim high and make sure the costume looks good on you, the answer is another yes.

But, nobody can guarantee either of these points ...

• Like 1

Someone on the MEPD caught this. Do we have a new TD..... SWEET!?

ScreenShotArrow_zpsnjlrdwkt.jpg

There are a few cool troopers in this scene that nobody seems to have talked about. I don't have a good enough screencap for it, but in addition to the TK and the snowtrooper and this guy, there seems to be a heavy weapons trooper. He's not wearing a backpack and he's got a very large cannon-looking thing. I'll look for a shot of him once I'm on my computer, but I have no proof at the moment.

Likely they are not TD's but using a pauldron to denote rank, or possibly elite status. It would also lend itself because they are on the platform above all of the other soldiers.

Someone on the MEPD caught this. Do we have a new TD..... SWEET!?

ScreenShotArrow_zpsnjlrdwkt.jpg

There are a few cool troopers in this scene that nobody seems to have talked about. I don't have a good enough screencap for it, but in addition to the TK and the snowtrooper and this guy, there seems to be a heavy weapons trooper. He's not wearing a backpack and he's got a very large cannon-looking thing. I'll look for a shot of him once I'm on my computer, but I have no proof at the moment.

Lots of people are talking about this, just not in the pre-order thread for the OT TK. It is in the EP7 threads.

Likely they are not TD's but using a pauldron to denote rank, or possibly elite status. It would also lend itself because they are on the platform above all of the other soldiers.

Lots of people are talking about this, just not in the pre-order thread for the OT TK. It is in the EP7 threads.

Derrek you're sucking all the joy out of the moment.  :smiley-sw013:

A couple of things

First is from the Anovos TK-FAQ (I'm a bit surprised no one has posted this yet :smiley-sw013: )

Where can I get blaster and boots?

We hope to make these items available in the near future, so make sure to subscribe to our newsletter for updates.

Second

After a bunch of lurking here, The RPF, and my local Garrison's forum.  I to/too/tutu have joined the Darkside by purchasing this kit.

You all are bad infuences.   :icon_bow:     rollinglol.gif

Edited by Proto
  • Like 2

I took the plunge and just ordered mine. Looking into boots and a blaster. It would be great if Anovos would produce both, and make it easier for us, but.....that would be too easy. I'm a little nervous about building it on my own, but I have a few friends, one of which is in the 501st, that may get this kit and we can all learn together. It will be an adventure, that's for sure.

• Like 1

At Vader34. I'm in the same boat. Never put together a kit, but here goes nothing! Lol. I've decided on buying two kits at that price and make a reg one and the other a sandtrooper. How can I pass it up?!

Been doing research on boots, tkboots.com and imperialboots.com. As far as blasters go I'm still a little stumped. RS makes one rspropmasters.com as well as SDS originalstormtrooper.com that I like. (Sorry forgot to add links) I might hold off for now incase ANOVOS comes out with some.

-Eric

Edited by TK-23
  • Like 1

Some people at the convention did that. You can try emailing support@anovos.com to see if they will help you out there, but it may have just been a con floor exclusive deal.

Thanks for the response Dean. I'll see about contacting them.

Been a while since I posted, lol.  I couldn't resist the price either and ordered a kit on payday.  

I was fortunate enough to be part of the team that built the TFA Armor for one of the 501st members here in Colorado.  Based on that experience I had no hesitation in ordering and can't wait until "Christmas" either!

Oddly, after all these years, this will be my first full set of armor and I'm glad I'm finally able to take the plunge that I've dreamed of since 1977.  At some point I really want a set of RS Props armor but this will get me rolling :)  

• Like 1