Anovos TK armor preorder

yes I know, but its possible that they use the same padding in the classic helmet

Well if they are that's an added bonus. Heck, besides the armor your also getting the holster, belt, neck seal, gloves, under suit and webbing.  

Kit Details

• Comes with the completed helmet, holster, belt, neck seal, gloves and two-piece arming (body) suit.
  • Armor pieces that require trimming, clean-up and physical assembly.
  • Features basic instructions for assembly.
  • Basic webbing suite for mounting of armor pieces to arming suit.
  • Like 1

Im new to the Star Wars world of costuming but certainly not to the props.  I have a pretty decent collection of MR items and have always wanted to splurge into the life size domain.  @$350 I couldn't resist even if I wont be approved I will sure have a nice display piece.  

I think something that people seem to forget is that it's a 650$ kit. The 350$ price is a promotional price and is ending pretty soon. They're not selling something low-quality. They're just making it affordable to gain wiggle space so they can start the manufacturing process smoothly.

• Like 2

Well, this *will* be my first costume and I'll be damned if I just use their instructions without consulting the veterans from this board or local troopers in my area.

Of course I'm shooting for the highest possible standard, so I won't dive right in once I get the big box in (hopefully) winter. Anovos or no, a kit always involves lots of work or so I assume, so I might as well do it right.

Once the boxes are shipping I'll monitor what the veterans have to say about assembly of the kit and adapt my effort accordingly.

If it means buying latex handplates (or other), so be it.

I'd be more concerned for customers who build the kit first and ask questions later.

But since I come from a scale-model-building background, I'm used to online research, aftermarket detailing, forum discussions and build reports.

EDIT: And with the contents of the kit being essentially the same as the 1k+ $ costume, it can't just be low quality crap, because Anovos would be doing itself a huge disservice botching *the* most iconic costume ever. It could cost them their license.

Edited by Revyl
  • Like 9

I initially thought this was for the Ep 7 Armor! LOL!

I found it on their site, & will decide before the May 4th deadline.

I can always set up my AM kit to be a TD or HWT...

Yea you won't see the TFA suit going for $350.....ever!  :laugh1:

• Like 1

Well after seeing Anovos at C7 and reading some things here, I too have taken the plunge. I ordered mine and will start impatiently waiting now. This will be my first TK build so I will take it slow once it arrives to make sure I can get approval. Reading experienced members give their opinions has made my confidence in the kit grow from when I first saw it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

This is my 1st time on the FISD site and I can not wait to explore more!!

What brought me to the site was reading this complete thread here on the ANOVOS offering and I can not wait to place an order for my first TK suit.  I have no idea on the amount of work that will be required for this kit?... however, I am in the same boat as many other newbies:

1. I would love to be purchasing something that can ultimately be 501st approved

2. If #1 from above does not work out, I will have an awesome display piece for my home theater

I did have a couple of quick questions that I am sure some others might be wondering:

A. What are the recommendations for getting a set of boots to complete the ensemble?

B. What is the best way to get a Stormtrooper Blaster?

Thanks.

• Like 1

What brought me to the site was reading this complete thread here on the ANOVOS offering and I can not wait to place an order for my first TK suit. I have no idea on the amount of work that will be required for this kit?... however, I am in the same boat as many other newbies:

1. I would love to be purchasing something that can ultimately be 501st approved

2. If #1 from above does not work out, I will have an awesome display piece for my home theater

I did have a couple of quick questions that I am sure some others might be wondering:

A. What are the recommendations for getting a set of boots to complete the ensemble?

Thanks.

I am new here too, but just start doing research. The boots, it seems tkboots.com is the way to go, but they have a back log. The blaster has many alternative from kits to rubber casts, just research and do what works for you.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What brought me to the site was reading this complete thread here on the ANOVOS offering and I can not wait to place an order for my first TK suit.  I have no idea on the amount of work that will be required for this kit?... however, I am in the same boat as many other newbies:

Thanks.

Kevin & Allen I would highly suggest reading the "Getting Started" guideline first.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

This will get you going in the right direction right off the bat. From there you can hit the "on going sales" threads here...

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/16-ongoing-sales-project-orders/

Edited by ukswrath

A word of caution to the FNGs in particular ...

Hopefully you all aren't expecting a quick turnaround. With the flood of orders, I'd be surprised to see these kits ship en masse before Christmas. From my discussions with the ANOVOS production manager this weekend, I get the impression that they are still working out the mass production details.

So when they say "Winter 2015", keep in mind that can be interpreted as anywhere from Dec '15 - Mar '16. "Patience" will be the watchword.

• Like 2

Hopefully you all aren't expecting a quick turnaround. With the flood of orders, I'd be surprised to see these kits ship en masse before Christmas. From my discussions with the ANOVOS production manager this weekend, I get the impression that they are still working out the mass production details.

So when they say "Winter 2015", keep in mind that can be interpreted as anywhere from Dec '15 - Mar '16. "Patience" will be the watchword.

Kinda like ordering ATA  :laugh1:

No disrespect Terrell, love ya bro  :duim:

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

+1

If you're planning to troop the new movie openings with this kit, you might want a back up plan.

• Like 2