Possible LFL licensed TK armor

WELL ITS REAL.....Here come the $5.00 helmets!!!!! I bet Matt sold Rubies his TE3 molds :) J/K :P

LOL... No.. They are not done.. YET! HAH!

Rubies is a joke.. the armor is so sad and they really have no clue how they just selaed their own fate. This stuff will end up in landfills. Or greatly reduced. Take your pick..

BTW folks, the pic is of a real tour suit and it is photoshopped to try to look glossy.. the helmet is the only thing added. Since they have 4-6 tour suits left, I am sure they just cleaned it and tossed it on to a model. The gun is a tour gun too. The double rivets for the belt is the dead giveaway.

T*E

I'd like to see some more shots of the armor just out of curiosity. The armor still looks terrible to me though. I have never really liked the SE or ROTJ TK suits though.

This has already popped up on my Garrison board and I went off there as well. One point that was brought out was that we have members who basically buy assembled armor as it stands, so what's the difference? I could see that point especially for those that distinguish trooping from costuming. To me the two go hand in hand if you are going to be serious 501st, that's why like many others I have an FX but it's got a big target on its back, I know I am moving from Italy this summer, once I get settled back in the states I will take the plunge into the sweet world of TE2, no reason to worry about 2 sets of armor getting damaged in a military move.

Alex, My son loves the Ravin Rabbids...AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I've been wanting to say this all day... Alex? Your icon freaks me the hell out. o_O

--Jonah

Yeah i change mine every week or so just to make peoples lives interesting. Plus it kinda helps me stand out from all the people with TK's ^.^ Infact im going to change it right now if i can find a decent gif!

Steve, thanks for the link

and Wally, anyone who plays that game for more than 5 minutes is addicted instantly

This has already popped up on my Garrison board and I went off there as well. One point that was brought out was that we have members who basically buy assembled armor as it stands, so what's the difference? I could see that point especially for those that distinguish trooping from costuming. To me the two go hand in hand if you are going to be serious 501st, that's why like many others I have an FX but it's got a big target on its back, I know I am moving from Italy this summer, once I get settled back in the states I will take the plunge into the sweet world of TE2, no reason to worry about 2 sets of armor getting damaged in a military move.

Well there are different involvement levels in this hobby. Part of it is that there are over 1000 TK's out there, most of them FX. The other is that the TK costume standard has languished for so long while other costumes were being improved. Getting respectability back for the TK was one of my prime motivations starting this det.

I believe you can't force change down anyone's throats, but you can inspire and encourage them by example. All it took was a few leaders to toss out FX helmets and get ANH ones in my garrison and guess what? Others started doing the same. Now, there are only a couple of hold-outs left, but for how long anyway? New folks coming in see that FX while inexpensive and easy is the lowest quality that's accepted, and many are by-passing the typical "first FX, sell FX, buy ANH" pattern and going straight to ANH armor. As the Legion grows, they start outnumbering the "old timers".

Considering that FX is replacing his bucket, it's pretty clear that that FX helmet at least is in it's sunset period all on it's own. In a few years, the armor will be the same way.

This is only natural. The backpack that I made myself from scrounged parts was considered good at the time I made it for my MEPD status, but with the availability of accurate parts these days and being able to buy completed packs outright, it's now considered a piece of crap and probably won't be considered acceptable by the end of the year.

So...this is why as more accurate / better armor becomes increasingly available and and lower prices, we encourage folks to get the best they can if they're going to be around for awhile.

And for the record, my TD is an FX + AP helmet. I wore it at the Rose Parade. It's my first set of armor. It takes a beating and on me fits like a glove. Will it break my heart to let it go one day? Oh yeah. Am I going to wait five more years to replace it? Mmmm...probably not.

We talk about these things not so that people get a heart attack and rush to toss out perfectly acceptable armor, but I do believe in planning ahead. Knowing that I'll have to replace it down the road allows me time to save up money and look for deals, rather than waiting to the last second and then panicking. Or worse, losing my membership.

Rubies is a joke.. the armor is so sad and they really have no clue how they just selaed their own fate. This stuff will end up in landfills. Or greatly reduced. Take your pick..

BTW folks, the pic is of a real tour suit and it is photoshopped to try to look glossy.. the helmet is the only thing added. Since they have 4-6 tour suits left, I am sure they just cleaned it and tossed it on to a model. The gun is a tour gun too. The double rivets for the belt is the dead giveaway.

T*E

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

-----------

Lenses on the outside, eeewwwwww.........

Not good, not good at all....

Edited by gmrhodes13

The helmet is a Don Post....the armor is a tour suit. both ewwwwwwww.

I agree, lenses on the outside.....eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww

I'm far from an armor expert, still mostly a newb, but even I can see how bad that suit is. Is it just me or does it look like the undersuit is actually attached to the chest plate?

Are those shoulder straps.... rubber?

-------------

Oh god those seams look horrid. I can see this popping apart with anything more than a tiny amount of force put upon it. Can you say nasty sharp plastic edges?

Edited by gmrhodes13

The helmet is a Don Post....the armor is a tour suit. both ewwwwwwww.

I agree, lenses on the outside.....eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww

They look like Arnold Schwarzenegger's eyes when they bugged out in TOTAL RECALL when his helmet visor got smashed!

Absolutely lame. They have the frickin' archives with screen used ANH suits RIGHT THERE and they pull this crap.

Why am I not surprised.

All i can see now is a stormtrooper running in and screaming "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHH GET TO THE FALCON!!"

Back on topic i think that this armor is going to see some variations before a production model is released, at least i hope it will. Has anyone contacted 501st members to talk to them aobut it?

Oh... this is horrid... it REALLY is a VERY NICE "Halloween costume"... but that's it.

It looks like it's made from thin flimsy plastic.

And the seams and edges are just outrageous!

I really trust it won't be allowed into the 501st... not without some MAJOR mods... like, step 1) throw away, buy real armor.

I'm anxious to see it in person sometime... I'm sure it will be like a very, very obvious difference between "real" ones and... umm.... this...

• 3 weeks later...

If the price is going to be $850 why bother buying it? Its not better than what you can currently get for about the same money. I don't follow fx armor but I'm guessing you can buy fully assembled FX online for less than that.

Well, I'll be selling the FX soon enough and will find out first hand. Man, are the prices on that kit falling or what?