TKBoots problem

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aiyaa.. I needed another pair for myself plus some new recruits we have still need to order boots..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hope they get a new supplier soon - they've really done the job of getting (more) accurate (than what was available before) boots out to people for a very reasonable cost.

On 2/19/2013 at 5:00 AM, Dark Trooper said:

I was just looking at this website would this come close to are boots we have and maybe some white dye ?

---------

no way. never no more.

Whatever happened to the Reception Center on FISD that was based on the wiki? We had an excellent boot page that had links to the tutorials to make your own boots, but it's no longer there.

In fact the whole Tutorials area of FISD is a huge cluster f*** now compared to what it was before - hopefully the new management will get it unscrewed this year. I say this as then it would be just a click to get to what you want.

Here was Mark's HOWTO: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/7709-howto-make-your-own-boots/

I can't find the thread I did anymore, but I bought mine from -------------- and paid GBP26.49 for them. I was lazy and had a cobbler replace the black panels with white. Meltonian Nu-Life color spray 617 white was used to paint them.

They've held up really well over time, needing only a touch up now and then.

You can also search the forum using the word "Meltonian" to find previous threads.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 2/19/2013 at 10:16 PM, Daetrin said:

Whatever happened to the Reception Center on FISD that was based on the wiki? We had an excellent boot page that had links to the tutorials to make your own boots, but it's no longer there.

In fact the whole Tutorials area of FISD is a huge cluster f*** now compared to what it was before - hopefully the new management will get it unscrewed this year. I say this as then it would be just a click to get to what you want.

Here was Mark's HOWTO:-----------

link is missing, and i cant' find in this website too.

there is still the google cache up

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 2/19/2013 at 11:09 PM, HawkTrooper said:

I think the tutorials --------are nicely structured... :blink:

I would *mostly* agree. However in the past being to go to the relevant wiki page for boots for instance made it much easier. Also, there used to be an updated list of all the TIPS & HOWTO's, which is not updated anymore. Lastly, what is the difference between a tutorial and a HOWTO nowadays, and how do I decide which to go to? Before they were one and the same.

We can always work on the structure whenever we need to. The new system is however much easier to work with than wikimedia is, so changing things around takes less time. And content wise, the idea is to only have a select few really good tutorials rather than a whole bunch of crappy ones.