TKBoots problem

True, but right now it's not complete and we can't get to the old one. Having a new one that is better is all well and good, but what was the benefit of removing the old one in the meantime?

I ask in that Terry (PandaTrooper) and I invested dozens of hours creating that content, which all now seems to be in the rubbish bin without anything better to take it's place. I'd be fine if you came up with something better, but am frustrated that all that hard work seems to have been tossed aside when that's not the case.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still available at it's original location. The only thing that has been removed is the link to it: -------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

It might not be redundant now, but it will be, which is why it was removed. The effort to add good tutorials has mostly stalled because only me and eric were doing it, and we have other things to do than read tutorials all day.

No one has thrown the content from the old imperial reception center in the rubbish bin. We're just in transition, which is well documented in the staff area.

There's been a call out to the IPM staff to come up with a list of the best boot whitening tutorials and sources for TK boots for the next newsletter. Chances are most of it will be based on Mark's excellent and still relevant tutorial.

-Eric

if you look closely at mark's boot tutorial he does a bit of trial and error and changes his materials during the course of the how to!

the end result is ok but he changes gears

angelus leather paint works much better! smooth and clean!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

• 2 weeks later...

:mellow: well that news is quite a bomb

Was mailing since January and didnt know the supplier was already 2months behind time

and now that one closes. Not tkboots fault but I felt really fracked. They will fill a backorder

list but being in the last row I've not much hope, and the new supplier has not the quality yet.

Search begins :mellow: and they at least showed alternatives . Also nice to find some here.

Edited by Ossus501ch

I've got a suit of RS armor on order now, so in the meantime I am trying to scare up the other accessories. This includes boots, but with tkboots.com out of supply indefinitely, I just ordered a pair of Air Stanton Chelsea boots from Cole Haan. I hope these will be good enough. Please let me know before I start the dye applications.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

People might hate me for this, but I would cancel the order and keep looking if I were you. I might not have the power to say definite yes or no to them, but they are sub-par and not in the spirit of centurion in my opinion.

Yikes at 180 bucks, the ones I posted in the other thread are more affordable even when you factor in shipping from the UK.

Boots 28gbp

Shipping 21gbp

Total 49gbp= 73.58

I have these on order and will share pics once I get them to see what others think

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'm assuming you are from the US, which seem to be pretty starved at good chelsea boots. But they are not that hard to find in Europe. Looking at ebay.co.uk yields you a lot of good pairs. Getting them shipped is another story however.

These would work just fine for example. Pity they are size 6 (UK):--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Nothing wrong with used shoes if they are quality ones in good shape. The shoe size is easily handled with a conversion chart. How do you think I did it? :P

Cowboys don't wear jodhpurs lol... Jk

My daughter was taking some English riding lessons and while riding gear is available, the selections are limited.

Hmm how about white reptile skin boots with imperial cog branded laser spurs.