What are Forced Unleashed Stormtroopers

Daetrin

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though this almost made me cry,i did a little render in photoshop to show what we could be seeing in the near future.Its not great coz i just didnt want to spend any time on this,but had to see how it looked. :(

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Let's not forget that they may actually use a different designations on the TV show which would solve the dilema all together. George gave us the TK designation so it stands to reason they may have a different designation on the show or in the game...unless the toy card already says "TK" it's still to early to call. Though it would be funny to force any legion officers with TK's to paint there armor accordingly since they are "commanders" ;)

Let's not forget that they may actually use a different designations on the TV show which would solve the dilema all together. George gave us the TK designation so it stands to reason they may have a different designation on the show or in the game...unless the toy card already says "TK" it's still to early to call.

thats a good point :)

Marvinrobot said:
Let's not forget that they may actually use a different designations on the TV show which would solve the dilema all together. George gave us the TK designation so it stands to reason they may have a different designation on the show or in the game...unless the toy card already says "TK" it's still to early to call. Though it would be funny to force any legion officers with TK's to paint there armor accordingly since they are "commanders" ;)

I think the TK was just for a particular squad of Stormtroopers on part of the Death Star. Not all stormtroopers would have been TK....Weren't there supposed to be 100's of thousands of them?

TK-1998943, Why aren't you at your post?....would seem rediculous.

In the Holiday Special there was a Stormtrooper that had a different designation... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/B-4711

500?cb=20051204143716

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I think the TK was just for a particular squad of Stormtroopers on part of the Death Star. Not all stormtroopers would have been TK....Weren't there supposed to be 100's of thousands of them?

TK-1998943, Why aren't you at your post?....would seem rediculous.

In the Holiday Special there was a Stormtrooper that had a different designation... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/B-4711

I wouldn't hold your breath. The ONLY designation ever given in the films was TK. Fans made up the desert trooper aka TD. As far as Lucas was concerned, both TKs and TDs were STORMTROOPERS! As far as any designation in the holiday special.........well.......Lucas would rather that it didn't exist.

LOL - yeah even with clone troopers this is true. Karen Traviss has to come up with an alternate numbering scheme. Let's be honest - the whole 501st costume designators/numbering system was created by and for the 501st for our convenience. Some EU authors have adopted it into their fiction (such as Karen Traviss with the RC's), but like the Imperial rank badge system or pauldron colors there was no rhyme or reason at the time they were created.

It's great that we get to impress our own dreams on to the SW landscape though, but it's best not to lose sight of that.

Our esteemed LMO was asked about the Shadow Guards specifically, and his response indicated that LFL considers FU a canon source, and thus so will the Legion. But it will take more sources to get full Legion approval for the variants that appear therein. I think the Stormtrooper Commander variants belong with the FISD. THey aren't alternate terrain or special operations mass-production variants. They're one-off individuals that are part of the regular Stormtrooper Corps -- a last gasp of the diversity that arose during the Clone Wars. And something that didn't survive to the time of the Battle of Yavin.

--Jonah

A note about "canon" and what it means to the Legion.

"Canon" (not "cannon", please) means that it exists in the LFL universe and is accepted to be part of a continuity of some kind. But just because something is canon does NOT mean that the 501st Legion is obligated to accept it. The Legion is free to set whatever standards we wish onto a particular character type.

What I particularly love is when people get all huffy and indignant and DEMAND that the Legion set standards RIGHT NOW for a blip of a character that appeared in an artist's concept sketch in some publication somewhere, or when a trooper appears at a great distance in one frame of one poorly drawn comic book so that the person can pad his resume with yet another two-character abbreviation.

And when I say "love," I mean "despise." ;)

Because, you know, demanding is the best method to get one's way, right? :roll:

I think Thomas (LMO) has been pretty constant that what he looks for are two things:

1) Permanence in the SW universe, e.g. something that doesn't just appear in one book or one game and is then never referenced in any way again.

2) It *must* have adequate visual reference to be able to make a costume standard from, e.g. if a characters is only depicted visually from the front, then who can say what the back looks like? Or if the pictures are not well detailed - that kind of thing.

Right now FISD only accepts film canon stormtroopers. Yes, there are other kinds but just like MEPD we focus on film seen only. That most likely will change down the line to include *some* non-film troopers, but would require a change in the mission statement and a vote of the membership.

So why is the FU section here? Because it's really the most logical place for it as it's just a paint variant, unlike other TX costumes.

• 3 weeks later...
I vote for FU too. That's a big FU.

FU and the dewback you rode in on. :lol:

You would think that TK's are iconic enough without painting them.

:lol::lol::lol: I think everyone thinks I'm having a medical problem or something *they are all staring* I was laughing so hard I fell out of my seat. OMG that was awesome ! ! !

FU is a great Designation B)

• 2 weeks later...
:) As I read the response from all I feel the need to reply. First I do like some of the markings on armour. I don't like too much, but some is very cool to me. Why :huh: It's because of two reasons. First it's the way to display rank. At a glance you can see large formations of troops on the move in the field and tell who is the Sgt or LT or Commander rank. The next and more important thing is it's based on the tradition of elite troops or warriors painting their heraldry on their shields,armour, and even them selfs. It could represent their family "house" or their 'King" or "God/Gods", or county. It also served to scare the crap out of your enemies :P It is a fact that if you put any one in a room with a lot of bold red trimmings they get agitated more easily. With the troopers, their history is based on the "Star Wars" universe fact the the best warriors where Mandolorians. So when the then "nice" Palpatien, leader of the then Republic had the first army made, (we all know he did from the start) he needed the best, so "Mando" troops where created. Thats why it could be seen as "betrayal" by the 501st, if they don't let some paint their kit. I myself have my eye on a snazy new "Kamma" :) (as befitting my real military rank) :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd like to think of this variation of TK as the "Pimp my TK" Series

Personally if i were to do something other than white, it would be black...

but hey if someone wants to custom paint their stuff to look like this "FU" stuff, i say go for it, but Mini Spinners in your thermal detonator's caps is going to far.

I think I like them. I mean it's one thing for us to say "only regular stormtroopers" but we have to remember that the reason we're so attached to them is mostly that it's what we grew up with. Kids today are going to grow up with the new stuff they're seeing, and if the FU (which I love, btw!) become canonized, then they'll have a significant impact on the next generation of fans.

I agree that, intended or not, it seems to represent the death throes of individualism in the trooper ranks. It works well as a transition.

Don't get me wrong, it looks strange to me, but I think there's potential there.

And, not to open a hornet's nest, but it would be ten times easier to paint a color scheme on my TK suit than to figure out a TC suit. I love the look of a battle-damaged color scheme.

Phil