What are Forced Unleashed Stormtroopers

Daetrin

I think I like them. I mean it's one thing for us to say "only regular stormtroopers" but we have to remember that the reason we're so attached to them is mostly that it's what we grew up with. Kids today are going to grow up with the new stuff they're seeing, and if the FU (which I love, btw!) become canonized, then they'll have a significant impact on the next generation of fans.

I agree that, intended or not, it seems to represent the death throes of individualism in the trooper ranks. It works well as a transition.

Don't get me wrong, it looks strange to me, but I think there's potential there.

And, not to open a hornet's nest, but it would be ten times easier to paint a color scheme on my TK suit than to figure out a TC suit. I love the look of a battle-damaged color scheme.

Phil

I like what he said. There are all kinds of options for what a supposed trooper armor would look like as the clones switch over to TKs. I'm sure some of those original clones might still put some custom paint on there armor. Has anyone ever tried some of the TC paint jobs on TK armor?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) As I read the response from all I feel the need to reply. First I do like some of the markings on armour. I don't like too much, but some is very cool to me. Why :huh: It's because of two reasons. First it's the way to display rank. At a glance you can see large formations of troops on the move in the field and tell who is the Sgt or LT or Commander rank. The next and more important thing is it's based on the tradition of elite troops or warriors painting their heraldry on their shields,armour, and even them selfs. It could represent their family "house" or their 'King" or "God/Gods", or county. It also served to scare the crap out of your enemies :P It is a fact that if you put any one in a room with a lot of bold red trimmings they get agitated more easily. With the troopers, their history is based on the "Star Wars" universe fact the the best warriors where Mandolorians. So when the then "nice" Palpatien, leader of the then Republic had the first army made, (we all know he did from the start) he needed the best, so "Mando" troops where created. Thats why it could be seen as "betrayal" by the 501st, if they don't let some paint their kit. I myself have my eye on a snazy new "Kamma" :) (as befitting my real military rank) :P

Making your officers and elite troops stand out from the crowd only does one thing, Identify the high profile targets for the snipers.

My only guess is that the Troops left on Felusia or whatever that planets name is, kept up with the tradition of painting armor to signify rank as well as specialty.

This whole sequence of events i guess happens between EP-III and EP-IV

The red could be a Shocktrooper

but honestly how Commander goes from Yellow to Blue, then to Orange, i don't know...

but the break down in color rank through history is

Clone Trooper

* White—Private (standard trooper).

* Olive green—Sergeant; commanded squads made up of nine troops.

* Blue—Lieutenant; commanded platoons made up of four squads (36 troops).

* Red—Captain; commanded companies made up of four platoons (144 troops).

* Yellow—Commander; commanded regiments made up of four battalions (2,304 troops).

With the development and distribution of Phase II clone trooper armor, clone troopers no longer used color markings to denote rank. Instead, color patterns on troop armor signified legion designation and position.

ARC Trooper

* Green—Sergeant

* Blue—Lieutenant

* Red—Captain

* Yellow—Commander

EP-4-5-6

* Black - Enlisted

* White - Sergeant

* Orange - Squad Leader

* Blue - Sniper

* Red - Medic

* Yellow - Rifleman

As far as how Commander Yellow, Turns into Commander blue, and Turns into Squad Leader Orange... I have no idea, it's possible with changes in how squads and platoons are structured that some of the rank color codes were droped and or altered.

i do know that the standard Army squad consisted of eight soldiers and a sergeant, and theres usually 45 men per squad which comes close to the number of men a Blue Color Code trooper would wear which means he has 35 men under his command...

just a thought, i have no real proof except the numbers i find on info pages from sources like wikipedia, the rest is just speculation and hypothesis.

Honestly the only way this is ever going to get solved is when we see some kind of story line emerge from a book or some type of game manual for the "FU" RPG...

aka, it's gonna take time...

Wow, all of this Expanded Universe stuff gets really confusing. I mean things like RC and Clone Wars don't stray to far away from the fims, but things like KOTOR (Kights of the Old Republic) well, it's like "When is this supposed to take place according to the movies? 4000 years before the films?!" <_<

But the thing that really got me was the "Star Wars Legacy" stuff. It takes 137 years after the battle of Yavin. I mean look at the stormtroopers, they don't even look like the original stormtroopers. In fact, they are not even clones and they are somtimes alien stormtroopers. Whats up with that?

FU isn't that bad. It may stray from the films, but not as much as KOTOR. The paint schemes are kinda cool. Really though, there is only so much you can do to individualize plain white armor :P

post-2051-1213709381_thumb.jpg

Wow, all of this Expanded Universe stuff gets really confusing. I mean things like RC and Clone Wars don't stray to far away from the fims, but things like KOTOR (Kights of the Old Republic) well, it's like "When is this supposed to take place according to the movies? 4000 years before the films?!" <_<

But the thing that really got me was the "Star Wars Legacy" stuff. It takes 137 years after the battle of Yavin. I mean look at the stormtroopers, they don't even look like the original stormtroopers. In fact, they are not even clones and they are somtimes alien stormtroopers. Whats up with that?

FU isn't that bad. It may stray from the films, but not as much as KOTOR. The paint schemes are kinda cool. Really though, there is only so much you can do to individualize plain white armor :P

Hate to break it to you, OT Troopers are not clones so in legacy thats nothing different. The Legacy Empire is based off of the post Imperial Remnant and doesn't have the alien bigotry of Palpatine's Empire. More or less its become an example that the Empire itself wasn't evil, it was Palpatine and his policies that were.

Well at least until the new Sith come along and take over the new Empire by force. Then it goes to heck.

EU isn't really that confusing, you just have a LOT of reading to do since theres an actual progression of history to follow.

Hate to break it to you, OT Troopers are not clones

???? Wow then Battlefront must be very inaccurate, especially when they say that the clones of the 501st become stormtroopers of the 501st. Of course knowing me, I may have misunderstood that :lol:

Battlefront is right. There are supposedly some clones but most OT troopers are humans and by the time ANH comes around the clones are rare and practically extinct in the ranks.

In human history it's only been recent (relatively) that you can't pick officers and troops apart - 1800's? IIRC in the Napoleanic wars at least it was still apparent. But SW fiction writers are making fantasy and not real life. There are many aspects to SW especially in EU that make no sense and have to be rationalized, even if it conflicts with earlier canon. Most of these back stories are made up by people who are not subject matter experts anyway, so why not just let it go? :)

Personally I'm not hip to FU troopers, but maybe a well done one in real life would change my mind.

after reading the toy package it sounds like the "FU" Stormtroopers are more of a special unit rather than the Standard Issue Stormtrooper.

Even though the toys are holding E-11 like blasters, it says the "Incinerator Trooper" wield powerful plasma rifles to set enemies ablaze, when deployed to a forest world like Kashyyyk, a small squadron of Incinerator Troopers can level an entire wookie village in a matter of hours, Vader and the Incinerator Troopers are sent in whenever an example needs to be made of anyone who dares question the ultimate authority of the Empire.

honestly, it sounds like TX Designation, the Armor Markings and Special Weapons and Specific Function of the Trooper is very TX.

i wish the game came out on PC, i can't stand console systems... so i can't get a screen cap.

after reading the toy package it sounds like the "FU" Stormtroopers are more of a special unit rather than the Standard Issue Stormtrooper.

Even though the toys are holding E-11 like blasters, it says the "Incinerator Trooper" wield powerful plasma rifles to set enemies ablaze, when deployed to a forest world like Kashyyyk, a small squadron of Incinerator Troopers can level an entire wookie village in a matter of hours, Vader and the Incinerator Troopers are sent in whenever an example needs to be made of anyone who dares question the ultimate authority of the Empire.

honestly, it sounds like TX Designation, the Armor Markings and Special Weapons and Specific Function of the Trooper is very TX.

i wish the game came out on PC, i can't stand console systems... so i can't get a screen cap.

I wouldn't really take what weapon they have in the package as canon. Remember they're just redecos, they probably didn't even think that far ahead. Also are those collector sets actually out? Those weapons could change between the mock ups and release especially seeing how long its taken for the individual figures to make it to market. They probably won't, but its possible.

Note that for FISD we're only adopting the ones that are essentially TKs with paint. The ones that have special equipment are really part of the SpecOps (TX) detachment.

Also, it's OK that FISD is home to a TX costume. The costume designators and detachments are not a 1:1 mapping. For instance HWT's are TD but are in SpecOps. SL is divided between two dets. You get the picture.

Note that for FISD we're only adopting the ones that are essentially TKs with paint. The ones that have special equipment are really part of the SpecOps (TX) detachment.

Also, it's OK that FISD is home to a TX costume. The costume designators and detachments are not a 1:1 mapping. For instance HWT's are TD but are in SpecOps. SL is divided between two dets. You get the picture.

So we are adopting them then?

Some, but not most. So far it's just the Felucian Stormtrooper Officer.

If you look at this picture, it's just the two on the right.

TFUstormtroopers.jpg.b66406bd2fb9bf34d9364ea243b64fe3.jpg

When I looked at previews of the game I remember seeing some other characters that were essentially TK's with custom paint jobs. Can't find the screen caps now though :(

The rest should be under SpecOps.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Daetrin said:

Some, but not most. So far it's just the Felucian Stormtrooper Officer.

For the record that first video shouldn't be cannon, thats just a tech demo. Not to say those troopers haven't made it into the game itself though...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Personally I'm not hip to FU troopers, but maybe a well done one in real life would change my mind.

Anyone have a spare kit to sacrifice for all of us?

I'm still really interested to see some of the TC paint jobs on TK armor.... not enough to give up on the pure white though. :D

whats up with the holsters... i keep seeing White Holsters...

some commanders have black ones, and other sources have white... :huh:

My take on it (after a lot of research) is that Hasbro mispainted them. They will be black in the game.

So we are adopting them then?

The FISD has ownership of the Fellucian Stormtrooper Officer (Blue Striped TK) and the Red Striped TK (seen with Palpatine, a direct evolution of the Clone Shocktrooper). Both the Spec Ops Det and FISD officers felt they were TK's with stripes, thus belong rightly here. And they become the first EU troopers in the FISD. :)

The Spec Ops Det has ownership of the EVO Trooper and Imperial Jumptrooper, which uses some TK parts, but is a significant departure from the TK. These are specialized troopers equipped for specific mission/conditions, thus it's a right fit for the Special Operations Detachment.

As the Spec Ops DL, I feel the FISD and Spec Ops Det (TX's) are brothers in arms sharing a common lineage. You'll see a lot of increased cooperation between our two Dets as we work together to improve the standards and raise the bar for 501st costuming.

EU costumes in general seem to get shunned at official LFL-sanctioned events, so it'll be nice to see if we can gain some legitimacy by working together as a combined force of "brother" Detachments.

Kev

And as the Founder of FISD I am in complete harmony with Kevin's statement that we are brothers in arms. For too long SpecOps has truly been in the shadow - they are first class troopers in their own right and the time for them to shine in the sun with their FISD & MEPD brothers has arrived.

I truly look forward to more cooperation between our two detachments, and our troopers!

I agree with Kevin and Paul. It's crazy to see any separation between the FISD, MEPD, and Spec Ops as all three detachments have the same base costume with detail variations. The three detachments working together is a win-win for troopers and the Legion.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been around FISD or the 501st nearly as long as some of you, nor have i been involved in ANY troops. However, the future star wars fans are changing, I was in toys R Us today with my gf, looking at star wars toys, and as i walked away I heard a child probably about seven years old, say something like "Wow, new star wars toys, this one looks much cooler than that one from the movies" (referring to the jump trooper from FU). Let's face it, the look of star wars is changing, even that new Clone Wars movie that is coming out, the animation is different. I think in order to keep new members coming in to the 501st and FISD, we need to accept the new FU troopers, I'm pretty sure i saw them in a comic, game and toys, that's 3 sources.

I do not think that they should have TK designation, just like sand troopers, which are just dirty TK don't have a TK designation. I do think it's important though to accept this new look and give it a place in the FISD/501st, spec ops would probably be the best location.

Just my two cents!

Thanks.

I am pretty old school... I truly am a fan of the OT. ESB to be my movie. Close second is ROTJ.

But the Force troopers from the game will make an impact, just like the RC game did.

I think they need a better ID though... FU Troopers? :D:D That has to go... :D:D

The new clone wars might not intrest all of us, but the kids will be into it. I will see it, but only cause it is Star Wars.

I am looking forward to the TV show. The New troops do belong here though, and I do agree with the Dets working together. Thats a good thing.