Osothebear's ANH AP build [*AP]

OsotheBear

thanks Mark at AP for a great product, fast shipping and excellent communication, he went the extra mile to make sure I was totally satisfied, he was even willing to change a small part that had a small stretch mark no cost added, really cool guy to deal with, cheers man!

Now the adventure begins and I hope I won't screw up since is my first build, good thing the FISD is full of helpful and knowledgeable people cuz I'm gonna need a ton of both!

IMG_1022.jpgIMG_1021.jpgIMG_1025.jpgIMG_1026.jpgIMG_1028.jpgIMG_1034.jpgIMG_1036.jpgIMG_1040.jpgIMG_1042.jpgIMG_1043.jpgIMG_1044.jpgIMG_1046.jpgIMG_1052.jpg

Edited by OsotheBear

UPDATE , I went ahead an risked cutting the Thermal detonator and the hand plates,Is not the best but at least I didn't mess up, I have a question, how do you approach the cutting , so far I tried both scoring and snapping and the dremel.

IMG_1102.jpgIMG_1103.jpgIMG_1104.jpgcut.jpg

To be honest, your approach is far more thought-out than mine. I just winged those handguards! Most of my trimming on the AP was done with the X-acto knife, scoring, snapping, and trimming line by line. Sanding at last when nothing else had to be removed.

Ā 

You want to leave some return edge near your wrists but not too much since your hand has to fit inside the curve.

Awesome! Looking forward to your build pics.

Ā 

For scoring your method looks very similar to the one I'm using.

Ā 

I draw a line with a pencil, score with an xacto, and then snap. If it's a long strip I break it up in to 1-2" pieces or around any odd curves/angles.

Ā 

If a piece is an odd shape I'll opt for cutting further away from the line and then trimming with the xacto and sandpaper.

score snap and sand@!

you can even use power sanders.

I also use tin snips.

Ā 

your handplates need just a little more trimming!

when you cut them out of the base tree, then you must shape them

along the proper lines.

Ā 

I'll pop up a photo here in a bit.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Hey Vern I got the blaster resin kit , we should talk about those nice holsters of your and the scope railing! you know better what would I need, maybe even the piece that holds the counter , here are some pics http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=18850

• 4 weeks later...

I got the thermal detonator pieces cut and sanded, for some odd reason the side caps look too small,, weird because I trimmed exactly were they meet the mold were they came from and I barely sanded them!!,

Now I guess I'm going to have to look around for clips.

Also I got the handguards cut, but I think they are too big, and that they are AP, I can't imagine how big the Fx's are, good thing I got my heat sealing iron today, I might try to trim them a bit and give it a try to make the return edge, I'm hesitating a bit about it since I've never use it before.IMG_1264.jpgIMG_1261.jpgIMG_1254.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello troopers, After the summer hiatus I am back at it !

Now I trimmed most of the pieces out of the mouldings and Im n the process of fine cutting and sanding and I was wondering how much return edge for the bottom of the shoulderbells should l leave and also ifanyone has any idea which side is the front and the back they seem a bit asymmetrical.

IMG_2538.jpgIMG_2537.jpg

When I built my AP I just followed the mold lines - they will show how much to trim off. Run a pencil in that groove so you can better see where to cut. I kept a small return on mine. If I remember correctly, the shoulder bells are identical so it wouldn't matter which way you put them on. When in doubt, watch the film and look at screenshots. http://www.whitearmo...=20#entry206498