Osothebear's ANH AP build [*AP]

OsotheBear

• 1 month later...

Thanks, I'm just about to start cutting away to butt join!! , so scary , I hope I won't mess up, I'm leaving 12 mm on each side for the forearms to cover with the 15mm strip, I still have some room inside so I might be able to cut one or two mm in each side, does anybody has an idea how long the butt joins should be or it depends on the size of one's arms?, ohh and on the AP shoulder bells arms and forearms are the same on each side so it really doesn't matter left or right, is that correct?IMG_2729.jpg

Edited by OsotheBear

Cover strip length depends on the size of the part end to end. The measurement is a little different for everyone. The shoulder bells and forearms are the same.

Ā 

From "The various types of armor and where to find them" thread:

http://www.whitearmo...e-to-find-them/

"ANH Derived. Helmet is screen derived but cleaned up with a smooth cap and back. Armor similar to TE2 but with some parts being different. The left inner shin is actually a duplicate of the right outer shin. The arms (Bicep, forearm and shoulders) are the same, there is no unique left and right arm."

Ā 

Here's one link explaining history/comparison. I'll let you read that section of the forums if you want to learn more about the topic.

http://www.whitearmo...ed/#entry176872

Greta links , thanks man, yeah it seems is the same for both arms, the inner side is curvy !! and it talks about the shins too, one is mirrored, do this looks ok to you guys and galsIMG_2747.jpgIMG_2748.jpgIMG_2746.jpgIMG_2745.jpgIMG_2744.jpgIMG_2742.jpg?

It looks correct, but I'll have someone chime in and confirm this. I still get confused on which side is which. The AP kit has a complete right shin with the correct inner and outer part but the inner left shin is from a right shin part.

Ā 

A friend of mine received his AP kit about 2 months ago and the parts arrived marked L/R inner/outer. Doesn't look like yours were marked. :huh: Here's Stukatrooper's diagram:

2770724120_05f6d834a0_z.jpg?zz=1

Ā 

I looked at this gallery too http://www.whitearmo...leftlegrearjpg/ ... and this thread http://www.whitearmo...ar/#entry200539

You can tell which are the outer parts as they are more rounded. The inner parts are indented at the front and you should only have one of these, the inner right. The duplicate parts are the outer right and inner left, leaving the rounded outer left to make up the set. It looks like you already have them assembled correctly.

Hello troopers, I'm just about to cut the ab plate and I was wondering if the plate cover all the way to the end or it leave a bit of the edges of the box underneat? if you guys have any reference pics it will be awesome!! thanksIMG_2761.jpg

Like this? I've trying to find some references,the sides really uneven in some shots from the archives ,it seems that some people here round the edges and others don't.

Something like thiIMG_2761.jpgs?

Like this? I've trying to find some references,the sides really uneven in some shots from the archives ,it seems that some people here round the edges and others don't.

Something like thiIMG_2761.jpgs?

Ā 

Here's Luke's hero suit from the Bluray bonus materials:

Ā 

gallery_14191_19_141577.jpg

Ā 

Most of the up close screen caps of ab buttons I could find were hero too.

Ā 

-Eric

Hi Troopers, I'm planing a trip to the fabric store and I was wondering about the size of these sew on snaps? snap.jpg do you know what size are these?

Edited by OsotheBear

Well I think I got to the point that I have all the pieces cut out and now I have to start cutting the edges for butt join, also got all the covering strips cut, so before I start cutting away I did a quick test fit , what do you guys and gals think?, the cod piece is a bit low, hopefully it will rest a bit up after the strapping is done, do you think the proportions are ok?IMG_2771.jpgIMG_2772.jpgIMG_2773.jpgIMG_2775.jpgIMG_2776.jpgIMG_2778.jpgIMG_2780.jpgIMG_2781.jpg

Edited by OsotheBear

So I might start from the bottom up starting with the shins , if they look ok on the previous pics I might give it a go, the only thing is that I don't have the boots yet so I'm wondering how big the opening at the bottom should be? well here they are, I was told the inner left shin is a duplicate of the outer right one, I think I got them right, but I will like some input before I start cutting away!IMG_2747.jpgIMG_2746.jpgIMG_2757.jpgIMG_2759.jpgIMG_2760.jpgIMG_2742.jpg