Osothebear's ANH AP build [*AP]

OsotheBear

Not sure how it is for AP armor, but RS armor aligns similar to your second and third image where the top edge of the bottom ridge detail align. This results in an offset at the top of the thighs like what is in your image.

Looking good but just watch the couple of pieces with the over hang as you may find that they will catch or pinch your skin. Going well keep it up.

Good eye!, it actually pinches a bit when bending the arm

LOL, a little trimming and you should be fine :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Troopers, a quick question, the knee ammo belt on my AP isĀ slightly longer in one side, so I was wondering what side the longish side will face, I imagine the outside face of the leg, since apparently Ā the ammo packs are supposed to be a bit off to the inner side of the leg, so from the center on the knee two rectangles will be on the outside and 3 on the inner side, well the one in the middle a bit off center to the inner side?IMG_4045.jpg

When in doubt, look at the reference gallery. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/image/2053-a-new-hope-knee-pack-placement-lfl-caleb-04/ I matched the middle ammo box to the center of my thigh. But yeah, it's a bit offcenter towards the inside. Use the long side to face the outside. Match it up to the outside facing back angled edge on the thigh, if what I just said makes sense. You can scroll down and check out this trooper's thighs too: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20547-tk-3716-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status50ap/

Edited by TrooperTim

Hello I'm working on my thermal detonator too, I think I got the detonator clips almostĀ ready, I was just wondering how is the bend at the end of the clip? inwards or outwards, I've seen many ways of bendingĀ theĀ clips, I think is like in the green line, but I could be mistakenIMG_4046.JPG

Edited by OsotheBear

Read through the tips and how to section. Lots of info there.

Ā 

Watch Jesse's Part 2 video towards the end: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/14283-how-to-make-thermal-detonator-belt-clips/

Ā 

Angling them to the inside (red line) will help the clip grasp the belt.

Working on a few things this weekendĀ  :)

bending the knee ammo belt and holding it in place, what do you guys and gals think? is that ok, it's a bit off to the inner side.IMG_4075.jpgIMG_4076.jpgIMG_4077.jpgIMG_4078.jpgIMG_4079.jpgIMG_4080.jpgIMG_4081.jpgIMG_4086.jpgRivets thanks to SeantrooperIMG_4087.jpgIMG_4088.jpgIMG_4090.jpgIMG_4100.jpg

Edited by OsotheBear

Moving forward, the Thermal detonator is done , IĀ couldn't findĀ theĀ black screws soĀ Ā a bit of sanding down and paint would doĀ IMG_4002.jpgIMG_4003.jpgIMG_4004.jpgIMG_4005.jpgIMG_4015.jpgIMG_4047.jpgIMG_4048.jpgIMG_4049.jpgIMG_4050.jpgA bit ofĀ threadlockerĀ to secureĀ theĀ screws in placeIMG_4052.jpgIMG_4053.jpgIMG_4055.jpgIMG_4056.jpgIMG_4069.jpgIMG_4070.jpgIMG_4071.jpgIMG_4072.jpgIMG_4073.jpg

Yep, looking good. The back canister grey looks too dark. Should be the same color you use for the helmet tear/back traps. I used Testors 1138. It's a good alternative to the Humbrol brand. Testor's dries fast too; humbrol is oil based.

Heyya Tim, , you are right the Td came out Ā a bit dark, I'll grab the Testors paint when I get a chance, I have humbrol but that's for the bucket!

Ok , now to the torso, I see that they are 6 rivets in one side, 3 on the kidney plate and 3 on the abs plate, is there a specific distance from the edge , I mean are they evenly spread?Ā 

Also there one rivet on the right side of the abs plate , is there also a specific distance from the top and from the side? and is that a normal rivet, or is it bigger in size?