Hook instead of thermal detonator

I just noticed on ebay right now some guy has both hero stormtrooper suits and chewie available but I couldnt help but notice in one of the images he had a accurate version of the grappling hook so I dropped him a email this evening asking if he has any information about obtaining one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Hate to dig up an old thread like this but heres a pic from another thread about cutting the kidney/butt plate that clearly shows the grappling hook. This looks like an interesting project. Hey Trooper master, whats the situation on your white ABS boxes that store the grappling line on the belt you mentioned earlier in this thread?

ghookshot.jpg

And I'll have fist in cash for the first accurate set that becomes available. This and the space pack are the only two items left on my must-have list.

Those are excellent pics man, I believe I may actually be able to pull this off. I'll start working on the prototype at work tomorrow night. I know that I have everything I need at work except for maybe the spring, but I'm bound to find something. With any luck it may be possible when I'm done to swing across a gap with a princess in tow. I should be home around midnight 30 eastern time with pics of what I come up with.

I will try tomorrow to get a higher resolution on them. Was just messing around on the laptop and 1280x800 is the highest resolution available. Might be able to get 1600x1200 on my desktop (which is at my parents house since I get free cable internet there :D ) which will help when zooming in.

Well earlier in this thread they talk about a guy that sells grapple hooks and boxes in Germany...well don't buy them - they are rubbish! I got one for Christmas last year....that thing cost $100 - and not worth but about $25... Don't waste your time...

Ā 

I do however have an accuarte hook - and I have a box that goes with it - I will post pictures of the box later:

Ā 

P1020404.jpg

Ā 

P1020407.jpg

Ā 

This is not for sale - it was part of a run from a couple of years back....

Sorry there wont be any pics of my progress tonight as I havent made any. Jobs been keeping me busy tonight plus Ive been wrapped up in my new little voice changer discovery. Not forgotten tho.

• 2 months later...

i went to staples and picked up a package of "money clips"... they came 6 to a package, but i only needed two...

Ā 

I'd be willing to sell the extra's to anyone interested. $2 for a pair, plus 50 cents for shipping...

Ā 

pict2433js0.th.jpg

Ā 

PM me if interested.. i only have 2 pairs left!

i went to staples and picked up a package of "money clips"... they came 6 to a package, but i only needed two...

Ā 

I'd be willing to sell the extra's to anyone interested. $2 for a pair, plus 50 cents for shipping...

Ā 

pict2433js0.th.jpg

Ā 

PM me if interested.. i only have 2 pairs left!

Ā 

Ā 

Got one more pair left if anyone's intersted!!!!!

• 3 months later...