Hook instead of thermal detonator

Well here is the handle and where i am so far on the protptype.

This is solid aluminum, Billit is the word in the machine world, it is light and looks good flat or polished. I still need to make the tines, I will use aluminum also. I have duty tommorow and shoul get it finished.

Whatcha think so far yall?

handle pics

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been busy at the shop and havent had a whole lotta time to work on the tines, but i havent forgotten. I am hoping for a finished hook by the end of the month.

Hang In Updates Soon! :lol:

• 1 month later...

There are some good hi-res screen caps now that should help, esp. with the dimensions of the box compared to the belt.

You can also go ala Luke & ditch the 02 & wear it with a comlink. :)

Why should the Jedi get to wear all the belt candy?

Amen. It will be great for people to have more options on how they configure their kit :D

You know, that's what I'm taking about. I would be 'belt kit trooper' I'd sew up a canvas belt, make a canvas pouch for keys/wallet/etc, wear my O2 canister, comlink, droid caller and a grappling hook. That would be awesome. Stuff for the sake of stuff.

I look at it as an "accessory" option which you choose, "Do I go out today with the thermal detonator, or the grappling hook?" "Honey, what do you think?" :lol:

The same could be said for which weapon you choose too. Of course, it depends on the make-up of your squad and the equipment list.

I look forward to having a grappling hook that I can use depending on my mood or event.

Don G.

TK-5372

I don't know about you guys and flexibility, but I can sit, kneel, and I could probably lay down in my armor (probably take me a while to get back up though).

"Does this grappling hook go with my blaster?"

Accessories are nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Nathan,

Any updates on the grappling hook mate?

I'm almost ready to form my mould for the belt box and would like a nice hook when it's ready :D I'll take some pics as soon as my box is formed and mounted on my belt.I also think that the box could be made to hold the RomFX or other kind of voice changer.

-Paul.

I am having a time getting the tines to look good. Ill post up some pics this weekend, i know it has been a while. I am at the working with plastic stage on the tines as well.

:)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the long wait, but I think I am close. I got my butt kicked though on the tines.

I made a set out of metal, but I cant for the life of me get them to stay. So I went the plastic route, and they stay. I am still working on a metal set.

I would like to send this prototype out, for someone to mold. I think it would be better out of resin or something, for I cannot mass produce. I am willing to give up a "molder" for the cause.

I would post pics, but I cant, camera is OOC. Ill get them up when I get home to Japan.

Should me about two weeks.

Thanks for waiting guys, I hope i pulled it off... B)

Sorry for the long wait, but I think I am close. I got my butt kicked though on the tines.

I made a set out of metal, but I cant for the life of me get them to stay. So I went the plastic route, and they stay. I am still working on a metal set.

I would like to send this prototype out, for someone to mold. I think it would be better out of resin or something, for I cannot mass produce. I am willing to give up a "molder" for the cause.

I would post pics, but I cant, camera is OOC. Ill get them up when I get home to Japan.

Should me about two weeks.

Thanks for waiting guys, I hope i pulled it off... B)

Sweet! Can't wait to see it. I would definitely be interested in buying one.

• 3 weeks later...

So I am digging around on the RPF prior to posting my pics... and....

*hangs head in shame*

I am WAY off. look at the caps in this thread...

RPF topic

Back to the drawing board... :(

What I cannot understand about the grappling hook though is there's the visual dictionary variation and the variation used in ANH by luke and is seen when the stormtroopers board the falcon. I was kind of under the assumption that the visual dictionary version was in one of the other films but I cannot seem to find any reference, why is there two versions does anyone know??

• 1 month later...

Well, I am chiming in here late but what the heck.

The VD one is just a deal put together for the book. It was never screen used anywhere. The fella in Germany didn't do much good in making my buddy happy when he bought one and was very disappointed. The thing has pretty much fell apart. I will give him a call and see if I can get some pics of it to share.

We have been talking about doing an ANH accurate version but have not actually gotten around to cranking one out.

If there is an ANH accurate one available, let me know cause that has been the one HUGE thing that he has been wanting to finish up his 2nd set of armor.