Holding your E-11

DEDEDEJr

This may be a stupid question, but is there a canon way to hold your E-11 if you are a stunt stormtrooper from ANH? That is, should your clip be towards the front (left handed) or towards your chest (right handed)?

Does it even matter? :P

yes there is actually...I believe ANH they held their E-11's in their left hands...ESB right handed, and back to left handed in ROTJ :)...i dont think it does...but for my EIB ROTJ photo's I held mine in my left hand as per the movie

I switch mine back and forth depending on where civilians are standing for photos.

Exactly the same here. If the person is on my right, then the blaster is in my left hand.. and vice versa.

I do find it uncomfortable to hold it for long periods in my left hand though.

Exactly the same here. If the person is on my right, then the blaster is in my left hand.. and vice versa.

I do find it uncomfortable to hold it for long periods in my left hand though.

:lol: hadnt noticed before... but me too!!! at least as blasters are concerned it seems i am ambidextrous... but only with the blaster....

before the question it hadnt been a issue....... thats cool!!!!!

i wonder if there are other things i use both hands and havent realized.... actually as i was typing i realize that i am a righty but i use my left hand to eat burgers, cookies...... and my right for chips, fries

LOL very cool!!!! i think i will start to take notes on this :lol:

I'm a left handed shooter so holding with my left is fine for me at least and feels natural, though being right handed it can get confusing.

As an ANH stunt trooper, eventhough "leftie" is preferred option due to the position of the holster, I prefer to hold my baby in my right hand... Also I find, when in your right hand, no punter can grab the Mag or pull on the power coils...

I do have to think twice when I holster the blaster as by instinct I go for the right side....

I dont think it matters what hand you hold the blaster in. ANH and ESB seem to switch hands and in ROTJ are left handed. As long as the holster is on the correct side as in the movies.

I am a leftie and prefer holding my blaster in my left hand.

:)

Speaking of holding E-11's, I took these pics of my mates home made blaster.

A few measurements from the net and some odds N ends, paint and hey presto!

----------

Very light to hold in any hand.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I think the stormtroopers are left handed in a sort of Dan Brown (author of Da Vinci Code, etc.) way.

In a bit heavy-handed cultural symbolism, left is bad - even evil - and George Lucas tapped into that.

The devil is considered to be left-handed and in some faiths the left is considered "unclean".

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an ANH Stunt, and it's always left for me. I tried right once, but it didn't feel right with the holster on the left side. I think it's there for a reason, even if the guys in the movie switch it up. I bet Lucas would want it being in the left hand.