NEW boot source!

I just got my pair of TK-boots in the mail today. Wow these are nice boots! Seriously, I cant get enough of that new leather smell. And the best part of all was the turn around time. I ordered them on Wednesday morning and they are already here!

Did you backorder yours? I emailed them last night and they said they had none available (size 10). They said nothing about backorders but I did find their website that states they are taking orders.

Did you backorder yours? I emailed them last night and they said they had none available (size 10). They said nothing about backorders but I did find their website that states they are taking orders.

I was lucky enough that they had my size in at the time that I ordered (size 12) but I was also told that a new shipment was to be expected in the up and coming weeks. That was around the 1st of September. Just let them know you want to order and ask when they might have more in, if they dont already. They are awesome people to deal with, they just aren't real pushy when it comes to sales.

I have asked them to make black ones too!

they probably will...

That would be so awesome! I was planning taking my current pair of white tk-boots and asking my local shoe cobbler if he thought it would be possible to dye them black and get them to shine.

Either way this would be a great solution to the over priced TX boots that I have seen available so far.

That would be so awesome! I was planning taking my current pair of white tk-boots and asking my local shoe cobbler if he thought it would be possible to dye them black and get them to shine.

Either way this would be a great solution to the over priced TX boots that I have seen available so far.

I'm sure it would be easier to just buy a pair of black Chelsea boots, that way you don't risk the white showing through.

I'm Dale's costumer for several years. I bought from him my first FX armor and the chestbox, gloves and the cod-piece for my Vader costume when he still leaded Galaxy Trading shop, and now I got my TKboots.

He had been one of the first TK (TK510) in the 501st, and always made great stuff for troopers and SW costuming fans. Kudos to him. :duim:

Edited by lightside

I don't know if I'm missing something here but, there are hundreds of thousands of 'off the shelf'

black Jodhpur / Chelsea Boots at there why would anybody want to have some made up

specially or even go to the extent of painting / dyeing white ones BLACK :blink:

Take a leaf out of Mr.Cherrington's book (the best looking TX on this planet) and just go out and

buy yourself some black ones....job done :)

5374_128566680900_718660900_3534739_7372771_n.jpg

38091_1376447093734_1308550914_30916297_6466878_n.jpg

37853_450620420925_610855925_6560209_3703505_n.jpg

15146_102226693136100_100000463097895_56478_2601555_n.jpg

:)

I mentioned that TK boots might be making them in black.

and their price is lower than those shire jodphurs.

that's what I'm talking about billy.

I have formally asked them in several e-mails that black would be a good option to offer,

and they wrote back that they would look into the materials.

I , as i'm sure Billy does , know what you are saying but the question is why are you saying it Vern??? What is the point? The reason they make the TK boots is there is a massive gap in the market, the same cannot be said for black chelsea boots- you can get those easily and fairly cheaply.

Its really all about cost. We here in the states get held over a barrel when playing the exchange-rate game. Its not that there isn't beautiful and quality products coming out of the U.K, its just that I can save a lot of extra cash buying locally in these cash strapped times.

Its really all about cost. We here in the states get held over a barrel when playing the exchange-rate game. Its not that there isn't beautiful and quality products coming out of the U.K, its just that I can save a lot of extra cash buying locally in these cash strapped times.

Are you saying you can't buy Chelsea boots in the US?

Are you saying you can't buy Chelsea boots in the US?

Im saying after doing the necessary research, I found you can't touch a pair of "usable" quality black leather Chelsea boots for under $100 bucks. And that doesn't include shipping and handling cost either. As most vendors are on-line stores (I haven't found any local department stores that carries what I need)

Alternatively, I have the advantage of living in such close proximity to Dale (Tk Boots) that it cost less to for me to drive and pick up than to have anything shipped from him.

But that is an awesome looking TX! B)

Edited by Defiance7x13

Ah, the advantages to being British! TM is local, chelsea boots everywhere, RomFx is local too. Highest # of EIB troopers Legion-wide. Is there anyplace better to be a TK than the UK?

Ah, the advantages to being British! TM is local, chelsea boots everywhere, RomFx is local too. Highest # of EIB troopers Legion-wide. Is there anyplace better to be a TK than the UK?

You forget about the strong drink and the glorious establishments in which they can be found. Ive hear strange and wonderful tales from locals moved out west and from friends and acquaintances who have traveled around the U.K themselves.

Traveling to the U.K has long been on my bucket-list. :pint1: But it would be a completely different twist if I could take my armor and suit up :trooper: well maybe not in AM. :P You local guys would put me to shame :D

I would love for you guys to come visit and maybe even troop with us over here. I've trooped in the US ( at Dragon con) and I love it when we are able to offer the same hospitality that everyone offered me at DC.

And you can get Chelsea boots lol!

On a serious note if anyone is thinking of visiting London make sure you lmk so I can make sure the trip is a good one.

I'm not the only one waiting on size 10's i see. I did get an email saying they were just waiting to get word from the factory to come pick them up. It's been 2 months now. Hope they are worth the wait. :P

Edited by redcoat

• 2 weeks later...

Today i received my TKboots, i ordered a 10 even though i am a 10.5 wide with everything else i wear. I actually might have to wear two pairs of socks because they are a bit loose on me lol, but other wise they are a great fit. One step closer to being a real TK.

Today i received my TKboots, i ordered a 10 even though i am a 10.5 wide with everything else i wear. I actually might have to wear two pairs of socks because they are a bit loose on me lol, but other wise they are a great fit. One step closer to being a real TK.

so they fit small? if im a 12, think i should order an 11?

thanks,

paul