My ESB TM armour build[*TM]

Ok i have had a little break from building anything but am now back on track, so let the armour chronicles continue..

We shall call this phase 2 , ESB.

I did get the ESB stunt kit from TM but as i was previously in a hurry to get trooping in my new armour so i used my Dan Laws ANH stunt helmet and latex rubber glove combo from PugMan.

I have trimmed my ESB snow trooper style hand plates and here they are with rubber gloves. I may get some silk gloves in the future, im not sure yet.

fbjsTMarmourchronicles060.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles059.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles058.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles057.jpg

I was also very lucky to have the company of Pete aka StukaTrooper over last night and he graciously offered to help re-assemble my TM helmet. I had already put this together but was not happy with the look.

You see i have opted for the rarer looking low brow, hero style seen in ESB with only 3 teeth cut out. I like to be different :)

Pete did an awesome job reworking the helmet while i polished off the sandwiches.. I have found the TM helmet one of the hardest to build up because there are not any trim lines on the ears to work along. But Pete's model skills shinned through here. The outcome is very nice, thanks you Pete.

I have added the decals from Mike TK4510, which are the most accurate made to date and the hovi mic tips and painted the frown and vocoder and still have to add the lense, neck trim and paint the ears.

fbjsTMarmourchronicles056.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles055.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles054.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles053.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles052.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles051.jpg

That helmet is simply awesome!! I never caught sight of a 6 tooth ESB before. Which scene does it show up in? Man, the last few days I've really felt like a detail dunce :(

Ok i have been working on my new belt for the ESB suit over the last couple of days.

Here is is just before i riveted the plastic ammo part to the canvas belt

fbjsTMarmourchronicles063.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles062.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles061.jpg

I have also repainted the frown and vocoder on the helmet as i didn't like the matte paint i tried. This time it is satin. I also detailed the ears and neck trim. All i need to do to this now is add the lens and foam liner. Oh and paint the screws white..

fbjsTMarmourchronicles066.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles065.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles064.jpg

Here is the belt riveted together and with and without the rivet covers glued on. I will work on the drop boxes later. Remember this kit comes with separate rivet covers and ab plate buttons, so be sure not to get them confused :)

fbjsTMarmourchronicles068.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles071.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles070.jpg

Ok the helmet liner and lens are in, lets call this helmet finished :)

fbjsTMarmourchronicles078.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles077.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles076.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles075.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles074.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles072.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles073.jpg

And here is the belt finished with the drop boxes attached. You see once again i used 1 inch white elastic just as i did with my ANH set up, with the elastic looped over the belt and riveted to the drop boxes.

The leather holster is just looped over the belt on the right hip for ESB, unlike ANH where it is riveted to the underside of the belt on the left :)

fbjsTMarmourchronicles083.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles082.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles081.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles080.jpg

The last photos show all you need to convert your ANH armour over to ESB..

fbjsTMarmourchronicles084.jpg

fbjsTMarmourchronicles085.jpg

I think that's looking awesome!! How stable are the gloves holding to the handplates?? I ended up to temporarily make some hand loop straps before I drill the holes and try to sew on my ESB handplates. I just don't want them to rip out.

I love the ESB Style, especially on your parts, but I would raise the brow for just a few milimeters like five or so ^^ That would make the helmet look more authentic to the ESB movie... It' s just proposition

Keep Going that way Bro :D

• 5 weeks later...
Looking SWEET Mark!

Thank the maker :)

Freaking cool/accurate armor Mark :) .

Your skills at assemble them, are among the best.

TM/DL suit = A+ top off the line result.

Cheers bro.

Hey Rolf that means a lot coming from you, i look forward to talking to you during the week ;)

• 9 months later...