Something new? Han's biceps "hook"

TKDUEUNO

Watching for the 100th time the armor scenes in ANH frame-by-frame I discovered something I never noticed before,

a little "hook" on Han's bicep pieces that prevents them from sliding too low by "capturing" the shoulder elastic.

I saw that little hook only on Han's armor, and it's clearly visible only in the "let's wait here" scene and in the trash compactor scene.

3352338836_b716fcc43b_b.jpg

Has someone noticed this before? Since a lot of times Han's biceps are completely down, I assume that the little hook was supposed to do its job only in defined scenes, to keep the biceps in the right position and prevent them from sliding so low to touch the forearm piece.

I think you'll find that Paul-TM as highlighted these little curios B)

There's not a lot that gets past him, the man as studied the films frame by bloody frame :D

Pablo

Great screen grabs mate, thank you Sir :)

I have these hooks on my personal suit. Just look at Billy's banner, you can just see the clip on the inside of the bicep.

Nothing gets past Paul. :P

I think i read about this on the rpf somewhere or was the mepd?

So we know they are there to hold the bicep up but can we take this for granted that there was no other way to hold up the biceps on these suits?

Meaning no strap inside the shoulder bell on any of the armour.

There are plenty of pictures showing the biceps riding low at the elbow so whats the opinion?

Paul there really isn't anything you don't know!!!!

I hear you will be at Mem sir when I debut my new armour - I hope you approve.

I have these hooks on my personal suit. Just look at Billy's banner, you can just see the clip on the inside of the bicep.

The force is strong with this one!!! :D

Han also looks to have a different chest piece on for the sitting down scene. Theres no return edge on it. I would assume this was to allow the chest to bend easier. In the compacter photo his chest piece has the return edge.

Han also looks to have a different chest piece on for the sitting down scene. Theres no return edge on it. I would assume this was to allow the chest to bend easier. In the compacter photo his chest piece has the return edge.

Could be? or possibly an just illusion down to the ammount of flex the original plastic used could give, bending the return edge out of site as the chest is anchored to the abdo.

I'm sure Paul will have a better answer ;)

I agree Steve. Hans chest looks to have no return edge simply because of the way the chest is flexing. It would not flex like it is unless it was attached to the ab plate using the return edge to hold the strapping on. These suits were much more flexible than any replica available and can flex just as easy with a return edge as without one.

• 4 weeks later...

TM... would you show us a pic so we can replicate it? I think I can see the desingn, but a cleas real life shot would be cool...

Also...

3352338836_b716fcc43b_b.jpg

This pic shows a different Thumb print mark than I have seen before. Just noticed the squareness to the shape as well as what looks like an outline...

Is this only on the hero suits?

Cool find :)

I'd say thats there to stop the bicep sliding down and pinching Han's skin. We've all done it but maybe Mr Ford didn't like it so they just glued them on?

If that elastic band sits at the wrong height (without the hook) it forces the bicep down and then it does pinch and causes your shoulders to stick out.

Cool little mod that. I've never seen it before :)

I already haveon my TX. I noticed that support on the bicep about 8 months ago and incorporated it into my TX. It works like a charm ;)

Agreed. VERY nice find.

I wonder who the first to mod their biceps will be? :D

I would like to say that I am impressed with yout Space Trooper. Have more pics? I would love to see them Thanks, bro.

Cool find :)

I'd say thats there to stop the bicep sliding down and pinching Han's skin. We've all done it but maybe Mr Ford didn't like it so they just glued them on?

If that elastic band sits at the wrong height (without the hook) it forces the bicep down and then it does pinch and causes your shoulders to stick out.

Cool little mod that. I've never seen it before :)