Surprise in my RS Propmasters 2024 Calendar

Doggydoc

My son just received his scout trooper kit from RS propmasters and they included a 2024 Calendar with the kit.  

I was so excited when I turned to Mr. August and saw @Nairy looking back at me.

awesome to see you in there. Congratulations

3vhnzrS.jpg

• Like 16

The shine on that armor alone is enough to reflect a blaster shot!  Kinda' surprised that they didn't include his TK#, though!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Doggydoc said:

My son just received his scout trooper kit from RS propmasters and they included a 2024 Calendar with the kit.  

I was so excited when I turned to Mr. August and saw @Nairy looking back at me.

awesome to see you in there. Congratulations

3vhnzrS.jpg

Wow thank you for sharing, that's awesome! Still haven't got mine yet! I'm also impressed that you saw it was me, but maybe you don't know too many ANH Heroes named "Jonatan"? :laugh1: 

• Like 1

Sigh, makes me wish we'd do another calendar here.  Still have my FISD calendar, and it's still amazingly good.

• Like 3

Kinda needs to be done towards the end of a year to have it up for the full 12 months of the following year.

I'd love one myself.

• Like 1

fs, should be started about mid-year as you need time to do all the layout and then have them ready before the end of the calendar year so people can buy them as Christmas gifts.

• Like 1

Just now, Daetrin said:

fs, should be started about mid-year as you need time to do all the layout and then have them ready before the end of the calendar year so people can buy them as Christmas gifts.

Sorry I should have clarified further, a run should be done, totally agree the prep for merch always takes the longest.

• Like 1

If (hopefully) this were to come about for 2025, instead of having one character photo per month it might be nice to re-create some iconic film scenes using stock backgrounds, but substituting FISD members for the actors. 

Examples:

(Using one of our own Capt. Phasmas as well)!

9gd4OCl.jpg     a5CN3Cz.png

Would it require a lot of work cutting/pasting/Photoshop etc.?  Yep, but that way a lot more members could be a part of it.  We have a ton of costumes, but some characters could be combined in one photo (i.e. a battle scene or the like).  We have an AMAZING amount of computer graphic talent here, so I can see this working.

• Like 1

Sounds like a great idea. If you could get everyone using the same color background for the same photo it would make life so much easier to edit together

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Kinda needs to be done towards the end of a year to have it up for the full 12 months of the following year.

I'd say you want this locked in by August/September so you have them in hand before the ball drops!

• Like 1

Do you guys need me to take photos of the old calendar & post, or do we still have the old artwork where some people can see what was done?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Do you guys need me to take photos of the old calendar & post, or do we still have the old artwork where some people can see what was done?

I posted this previously

FISD-CAL.jpg

Cool. I can post more detailed pix though if needed, esp. the last pages.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Cool. I can post more detailed pix though if needed, esp. the last pages.

Do it!

As a SW weapons fan, I think having a month showing all types of blasters would ne a nice touch.  Yeah, I have done a few OT style, but some of the FO versions I've seen here are spectacular!

• Like 2

On 1/6/2024 at 4:19 AM, justjoseph63 said:

If (hopefully) this were to come about for 2025, instead of having one character photo per month it might be nice to re-create some iconic film scenes using stock backgrounds, but substituting FISD members for the actors. 

Examples:

(Using one of our own Capt. Phasmas as well)!

9gd4OCl.jpg     a5CN3Cz.png

Would it require a lot of work cutting/pasting/Photoshop etc.?  Yep, but that way a lot more members could be a part of it.  We have a ton of costumes, but some characters could be combined in one photo (i.e. a battle scene or the like).  We have an AMAZING amount of computer graphic talent here, so I can see this working.

Another take on this is to just have each month feature 3 or 4 members in their separate photos.  A lot less editing work required.  But I would also be fine with a group selecting just 12 photos of 12 members and having that calendar too.  Bart

Below is a list of the photos that we did and why we did them the way we did them. :)  

I'm especially proud of a few things:
1) The quality of the production. I'm adding a link to the a folder that contains high def photos.  If you zoom in you can really see the level of love & detail that was put into this calendar.
2) The December concept: we were running out of ideas (remember there were only 8 approved costumes back then) and rather than putting in filler, I had the concept of "looking back" like a high school yearbook.  We solicited photos from troops that people attended, and I think the end result was an excellent job of putting them together beautifully to convey the joys of trooping with friends.

3) Not only did we want only the best costumes to represent the Legion, but we also wanted to showcase members from around the globe vs. just US based.
4) The back cover: we were able to get in every single person who made EI and Centurion, plus all the Achievement Award recipients, plus all the staff.  I felt it was important to capture this moment in history for posterity.  5 years was a very big milestone at the time, considering how humble the detachment started.

January: ANH (Jesse McClear, TK 4702, Great Lakes Garrison)
February: ESB (Paul Hoeffer, TK 8020, Garrison Titan)
March: Blasters (E-11 by TK 4702, SE-14R by Daetrin TK 8020)
April: ROTJ (Alan Quick, TK 3066, Cloud City Garrison)
May: HWT (Juan Morales, TK 4326, Puerto Rico Garrison)
June: TKC (William Soltys, TK 6107, Badlands Garrison - Canada)
July: INC (Steve Marle, TK 3862, French Garrison)

August: BFGs (DLT-19 & Lewis Gun)
September: Helmets, ANH, ROTJ, ESB
October: DEATH (Brian Anderson, TK 7602, New England Garrison)

November: SKY (Mason Carson, TK 4603, Great Lakes Garrison)
December: High school yearbook concept, looking back at 5 years of FISD

Link to a OneDrive folder with all the goodies: 2011 Calendar

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1