Thr Dreaded Rubies invasion!

What I'd like to know is that if someones going to go to the trouble of making something out of plastic (i.e. the bucket), why not something a 'little' more accurate? I keep expecting the eyes on that thing to pop out like some toon from Roger Rabbit! :blink:

every time i see that helmet the only thing i can think of are those squeezable head gell balls that you squeeze and the eyes bulge out!

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/p...7Njw%2FKWthnFcg

i have to wonder how different that thing would look if the lenses were replaced with flat ones mounted on the inside. probably still bad just not as bad.

Guys,

I know we all find this Rubie suit quite alarming .. but please be careful with the comments as this guy might be on this very forum ..

Yes, I also find this suit completely off, but misinformation is truly a slave Leia! :D And that's why we're here! ;)

I think a couple of members have Rubies armor.

Rubies Thread -----------

One chap is going to modify his. The body armour looks doable (as ROTJ), a lot of the problems seem to be with the way they are fitted or worn, perhaps they need re-strapping? The helmet is a focal point and lets it down the most, but a lot of people upgrade their helmets.

It looks very durable, perhaps a candidate for someone who likes the rough stuff and who is up for some modification. It's still too expensive though, considering.

I thinks it's the 'official' tag which causes the most controversy, epsecially if it's not 501st acceptable, I'm sure most people who buy are assuming it is and Rubies aren't telling them any different?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

rapstertee said:
check this guy out!

This is to anyone considering the rubies option - it might not be too great an idea.

----------

Terry,

this picture was taken at the recent 'comic con' at the docklands excel, (did you manage to get to it mate?)

i can remember seeing this chap having his photo taken.

(also later on in the day..we saw some poor chap..(could of been the same bloke)... wearing rubies getting 'glomped'..(a running jump followed by a hug)..to which his helmet parted company with his head, hit the deck and resulted in a HUGE crack right across the side of the dome, from front to rear..(to be honest there would be no way to repair this cause it was HUGE!!!)...i felt kinda of sorry for the chap...he was devastated.

rapstertee said:
check this guy out!

This is to anyone considering the rubies option - it might not be too great an idea.

-----------

what the hell is this thing . look like my trash can well no my trash can looks btr :D he ant done yet put him back in the oven .

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

granted, with the help of you kind folks here i'm sure it can be 'converted' into a nice looking set of ROTJ armour,

but you gotta admit , the way it is fitted onto this chap looks..well..wrong....(even his thigh pieces have fallen out with the abs plate.)

as it is it unfortunately looks like ..an expensive costume... nothing more nothing less.

(so lets get these folks on here who already have this armour ...up to scratch eh fellas.?)

I am so lucky.

Seriously. I was so impulsive to get a TK outfit a few months ago that I would have bought this Rubies outfit outright if I had the money. It was only because I didn't have enough money at the time that I had to hold off from buying this suit, and it was during this time where I had the opportunity to learn about the FISD and actually learn all of the nuances that make the difference between a quality suit and a poor suit.

So thanks to my good luck and the help of the FISD, I purchased a brand new set of Troopmaster armor when I finally got the money this past month, which is soooooo much more accurate than this kit.

Call it fate, luck, or what have you, but it seems I was spared from the wrath of the Rubies suit.....

Ain't that the truth.

Yeah. It's like people who paid $500 for an MR clone helmet and a year later they go for $200. Sucka! All the more reason why I don't buy licensed goods...

Yeah. It's like people who paid $500 for an MR clone helmet and a year later they go for $200. Sucka! All the more reason why I don't buy licensed goods...

Good one :D Ya know I figured that with a company that had to go through Lucasfilm for approval they could have done a better job on it. I am not going to razz on the individual who has it because it's just not cool. Sometimes people make purchases to be a part of something they themselves enjoy. I am sure it could be modified into a good looking kit with some work and help from some folks here :):):)

• 3 weeks later...
langy said:
granted, with the help of you kind folks here i'm sure it can be 'converted' into a nice looking set of ROTJ armour,

but you gotta admit , the way it is fitted onto this chap looks..well..wrong....(even his thigh pieces have fallen out with the abs plate.)

as it is it unfortunately looks like ..an expensive costume... nothing more nothing less.

(so lets get these folks on here who already have this armour ...up to scratch eh fellas.?)

OK I'm goin there I recently had a guy that bought this armor, and informed him that it wasnt 501st approved so he went to buy a lite fx kit and a helmet.

Did I misinform him or does the rubie need a helmet and alot of mods?

Is it really worth the time to mod it ?

heres the helemts he is trying to use

--------

But i can exactly thik of what to tell him about these helmets to get him to get a new one and to not sound like a a very impolite person about it

Im goin to get him to get a ap or try to get a te2

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

There is no way these helmets will ever be 501st approved. I have yet to see a set of rubies get to the point where it could be approved.

There is so much time/money and upgrades I don't see how it would be economically feasible, and you'd end up with less than you started.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad coice Jez, especially for the cost but don't forget that this lid needs a few minor mods before it'll be cleared by the UKG (gap in the frown needs filling, lenses changed etc)

Add another £10 - 20 to carry out the basic mods, more if you go for a respray.

BingoBongo275 said:
Since he's UK based the easiest thing is to ebay the Rubies lid and get one of these MR's from play.com for £42.99

-----------

Cheers

Jez

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed