Hello excited this is finally happening!

Hi all! I've been talking about making a Phasma kit since TFA came out. I've love Phasma and her story, and finally pulled the trigger on buying a KB Prop kit! 

I have a 3D Printer and plan on making a TLJ version Baton.  Super excited to join the group!

Edited by indiechixor
accidently a word
  • Like 1

I just got a 3D printer as well, working on doing some 3D prints.

One thing you likely know already is you’ll have lots of post print work to get the print lines out and get the armor up to par, but it is doable and honestly worth it!

Definitely start a build thread once you get going so we can follow along and answer questions you may have. Good luck! And welcome to the FISD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, FN-1313 said:

One thing you likely know already is you’ll have lots of post print work to get the print lines out and get the armor up to par, but it is doable and honestly worth it!

1 hour ago, TK-28046 said:

Welcome Brit! definitely 3D printed armor is a great build. 

FYI Brit is only making the prop from 3D print not the armor, that is coming from KB ;) 

2 hours ago, indiechixor said:

Hi all! I've been talking about making a Phasma kit since TFA came out. I've love Phasma and her story, and finally pulled the trigger on buying a KB Prop kit! 

I have a 3D Printer and plan on making a TLJ version Baton.  Super excited to join the group!

Hello Brit and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing the BBB photos when your kit arrives 

• Like 1

Ahh, very good! That will be a lot less work. I’m currently working on some armor that is 3D print, so it will be quite the project, but yes you should do well with your armor! Looking forward to more Phasma!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD Brit, we have a lovely lady on staff, Teresa (Soulart) who no doubt will be around to guide you through your build.

Teresa also makes gaskets and neck seals among other soft parts for costumes so if you haven't already, check out here threads on our forum.

• Like 1

Welcome, Brit!  Always great to hear that a new Capt. Phasma is in the works! :jc_doublethumbup:  Since you are doing the TLJ baton, I assume you will be doing the TLJ Phasma?  If so, here is a link to the CRL that will help: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_TFA_captain_phasma_TLJ, but always feel free to ask any questions you may have!

On 7/6/2020 at 9:19 PM, indiechixor said:

I've love Phasma's armor too...Congratulations on choosing that armor...I will enjoy watching your progress with that kit:jc_doublethumbup:

On 7/7/2020 at 1:50 AM, Sly11 said:

Welcome to FISD Brit, we have a lovely lady on staff, Teresa (Soulart) who no doubt will be around to guide you through your build.

Teresa also makes gaskets and neck seals among other soft parts for costumes so if you haven't already, check out here threads on our forum.

Awesome will do! I've joined the Phasma Builders Facebook group as well, good resources to be had in both forums! 

On 7/6/2020 at 12:19 PM, indiechixor said:

Awesome!  My Phasma is a KB as well. I have a Jimmy helmet (and also a Thorrson helmet, but I'm using the Jimmy for the actual costume).  Feel free to ask me any questions.  My build thread is up here in the Phasma build threads as well (and she's TFA, too).  

1 hour ago, sharkbait said:

Awesome!  My Phasma is a KB as well. I have a Jimmy helmet (and also a Thorrson helmet, but I'm using the Jimmy for the actual costume).  Feel free to ask me any questions.  My build thread is up here in the Phasma build threads as well (and she's TFA, too).  

Awe thanks so much!! I'll def. be learning a lot from the previous build threads, much appreciated!

• Like 1